Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 91

Author Topic: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis II: OOC ~{~~(@  (Read 56341 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis II: OOC ~{~~(@
« Reply #480 on: June 30, 2013, 09:10:25 pm »

But i'm not asking you to change the rule i'm just asking that you make it clearer, if there is no point putting extra hours into the training you should remove the part of the rule that says at least and just say it requires 4/6 hours.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 09:22:26 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 30, 2013, 09:14:42 pm »

Kansa, the rules was made as more of a luxury to make certain actions less devastating. Not to make life easier. It just wouldn't be Magia if that was the case.

Actually, the wording of it as you stated sounds more like if it's something that MUST happen in one particular set of time (Say, if you refuel an engine, that takes pretty much the same amount of time to finish. There's no bonus for taking your time on it since, well, you wouldn't get any help from taking your time on it.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 30, 2013, 09:31:39 pm »

@Kuji: It's the first turn, I haven't completely read the changes to the rules Weird made, and because failure is hilarious. Crits aren't in the game yet, so it's really just a bit of time wasted, Kuji.

@Kansa/Rag: From my understanding of the rules, anything with a minimum time requirement of 4-6 hours is completely exempt from gaining time bonuses. Try to realize that the rules are still being made, and that the time bonuses don't necessarily mean an action will be more rewarding with them than without. If you fail, you still fail. If you succeed, the bonus dice don't change the reward. Spending time is still important for good results.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 30, 2013, 09:43:36 pm »

...It looks like we have some rules issues to clarify and fix in the coming days. I'm posting the turn now. Then I will link all the wiki pages detailing new content from the turn.

I will do the reflection when I wake up tomorrow. If you have points to spend, spend em now. What you get from reflection will be based on the results of the previous turn, and you can specify which action or actions you wish to reflect upon.

Wait, advancement checks are exempt from time bonuses? SHIT...

You action was the one that failed, but I just assumed you calculated everything right so you did get the bonus. It just wasn't enough.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 30, 2013, 09:48:26 pm »

Oh hey that's even the first one from the books. Coolness.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 30, 2013, 09:50:46 pm »

I forgot one important part about Weird. Unless there's something blatantly wrong with calculations, he's so laid back about letting you do the calculations yourself.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 30, 2013, 09:51:15 pm »

I forgot one important part about Weird. Unless there's something blatantly wrong with calculations, he's so laid back about letting you do the calculations yourself.

Actually, come to think of it, I just trusted the dice everybody gave me. So I'm guessing there where alot of mechanical mistakes. May explain all the success.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 30, 2013, 09:54:03 pm »

Once we have the rules finalized and I know what dice everyone rolls, I'll help out with looking for any mistakes.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 30, 2013, 09:58:14 pm »

Nah. I was just super tired and 3/4ths asleep when I rolled yesterday. It shouldn't happen again. I'll pay a bit more attention to actions as they are coming in as well.

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 30, 2013, 10:01:06 pm »

Wait, so...

I'm confused.

Weird, can time bonuses modify advancement rolls?
Still alive, amazingly.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 30, 2013, 10:03:41 pm »

It was to my understanding that anything with an upper time ceiling in the penalties or a lower time ceiling starting within the bonuses didn't gain bonus die or take low time penalties. So I was just relaying my interpretation of the rule. If those interpretations were wrong, then I apologize. But you should also know that I am not a crook.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 30, 2013, 10:08:54 pm »

Wait, so...

I'm confused.

Weird, can time bonuses modify advancement rolls?

According to the rules as they stand, no. But I fucked up and gave you your bonus anyway. I would have let you know if I was awake enough to notice anything wrong.

I think I'll change the rules so that the required amount of time for any time sensitive action is treated as the neutral, no bonus, three hours, and that required time + 1 counts as four hours, required time + 2 counts as five, ect.

Also it just occurred to me that I jipped you on the flavor text for your Potent Writing. You still get that, feel free to add it to your inventory.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 30, 2013, 10:10:17 pm »

I am deeply disturbed to find out that my character's holy symbol is a dong with a nail in it. But, more importantly, I am fascinated as to what they could possibly bee selling.

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 30, 2013, 10:12:30 pm »

AH, dammit.

How the hell am I supposed to up it now?

Shit, I better write a journal within the night, but with a call I'm expecting from Nate, and this mess, AHHHHH
Still alive, amazingly.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 30, 2013, 10:16:03 pm »

I am fascinated as to what they could possibly bee selling.
They specialize in breeding and selling large supernatural bugs

lolololo bug punz.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 91