Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 91

Author Topic: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis II: OOC ~{~~(@  (Read 56452 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ Magia Exquisitis II: Interest Check + OOC ~{~~(@
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2013, 10:43:00 am »

No problem.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2013, 11:23:54 am »

I'm mildly interested, though a distinct lack of available free time may prove to be a hindrance.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2013, 12:28:40 pm »

I'm mildly interested, though a distinct lack of available free time may prove to be a hindrance.

I might find a way for people who don't make it into the game or don't have time to join to participate in some small way. I'm considering it.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2013, 02:37:18 pm »

Quick question: Material Mages and Priests have to have a code of conduct. Is this code player created and GM approved, or strictly GM created?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2013, 02:41:41 pm »

I'm working on the classes over the next few days, and will make that call when I get to those classes. I'll let you know.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2013, 09:20:56 pm »

Sounds good!

I've updated the background in my application to include a bit more information on the Star Gods, since the Deity a priest serves is pretty defining to any religious character.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2013, 10:21:34 pm »

Hmmm, with the class information I just managed to find, I'll need to screw around a bit with Leilani's style.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2013, 02:40:05 pm »

I've been struggling quite a bit to decide on what type of guy I want to make for my application, a metaphorical battle rages between the vast options. I have a few questions though in the meantime for you WeirdSound if you might have answers?

Would a tattoo based cultist work? Drawing power from the circle and binding it to himself for use later, perhaps with Preparation Rituals making temporary tattoo that evaporate or... decolor or something until reapplied and Permanent Rituals as permanent tattoo or scarification?

The entry for druid says that they tend towards neutral in the war between chaos and religion, how strong is that trend? Would it be possible to make a druid cultist hybrid who gets power from both rituals that draw on the circle and pacts with spirits, presumably of course only spirits that don't care about strict neutrality of course? (Although not starting in game like that, just that one personalty I am considering seems like it would be a very natural way to go.)

Relating to the second question, what is a nature spirit? Are they some specific class of being that makes them special for the proposes of druid power and neutrality in the war? Can nature spirits worship gods or join the circle, and if they do can they still grant druids power? Can spirits that are not 'naturey' make pacts with druids?

Is this too many questions? (If yes, feel free to ignore any or all of the above questions.)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2013, 02:52:06 pm »

A tattoo based mage would be interesting, but it sounds kind of limiting. For instance, what would happen if you ran out of "canvas" to work on?

Now that I think about it, my guy's theme is a bit limiting as well, I think I'll go change that. Theme has been changed a bit.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:54:54 pm by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2013, 03:10:41 pm »

I've been struggling quite a bit to decide on what type of guy I want to make for my application, a metaphorical battle rages between the vast options. I have a few questions though in the meantime for you WeirdSound if you might have answers?

Would a tattoo based cultist work? Drawing power from the circle and binding it to himself for use later, perhaps with Preparation Rituals making temporary tattoo that evaporate or... decolor or something until reapplied and Permanent Rituals as permanent tattoo or scarification?

The entry for druid says that they tend towards neutral in the war between chaos and religion, how strong is that trend? Would it be possible to make a druid cultist hybrid who gets power from both rituals that draw on the circle and pacts with spirits, presumably of course only spirits that don't care about strict neutrality of course? (Although not starting in game like that, just that one personalty I am considering seems like it would be a very natural way to go.)

Relating to the second question, what is a nature spirit? Are they some specific class of being that makes them special for the proposes of druid power and neutrality in the war? Can nature spirits worship gods or join the circle, and if they do can they still grant druids power? Can spirits that are not 'naturey' make pacts with druids?

Is this too many questions? (If yes, feel free to ignore any or all of the above questions.)

1: Yes

2: At some point. Although I've alluded to multiclassing on the Wiki, I'm not going to allow it until I figure out exactly how it is going to work.

3: Nature Spirits are powerful internal mages who lay claim to a specific territory which they make their life goal to protect and preserve. There are nature spirits of all elements if one looks in the correct place (Electricity and Industry in a city, Death in a graveyard or afterlife, ect). Druids work on an MP sort of system, and visit nature spirits to recharge. Most nature spirits can be convinced to support a druid without much trouble; all they usually want is some combination of friendship, trivial gifts, and vague promises of service should the spirits territory fall under attack.

Nature spirits tend to remain neutral because they don't want war to come to their land. They are free to worship a god or join the circle if they wish, but few would want the enemies that come with membership of either group, and they are generally strong enough so that they see no need for the powers granted by the Priesthood or Circle membership (many could be gods themselves if they wanted to).

The main exception to the neutrality thing are gods of nature and elements, many of whom also serve as nature spirits claiming the region in which they make their home as their territory. Many of these beings see looking after the land and refueling the local druids as a side hobby that is secondary to their duties as a god.

4: I can talk about the rules and settings, just not anybodies individual sheet. I need to be fair.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2013, 03:23:31 pm »

Why not, instead of holding a moratorium on being able to know your sheet's a little messed up and requiring people to word it as a rules question, just allow everyone to ask questions about their sheet? It's just as fair.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2013, 03:29:41 pm »

Re: Tattoo Cultist.

You're basically an apprentice of The Tattoo from China Miéville's The Kraken. As in, you have a sentient magical tattoo of your Master's face on the back of your head that your master talks to you through. You can gain temporary power by offering things to your Master through the tattoo, which comes to life and swallows the offering. You do permanent rituals by tattooing yourself with permanent magical tattoos. Preparation rituals are either done the same way as temporary rituals, or by ritually tattooing a piece of animal hide to make a magic scroll which bursts into flames once you cast the spell.

Man, I kinda want to play a Bottle Prophet now.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2013, 03:35:04 pm »

I'll let you know if your sheet is messed up. I'll do that much for you all.

And honestly, I don't want you all changing your character concepts to match the mechanics. If I tell you how to conform your background to you class, it denies me the fun of inventing features and spells to make a really cool character concept fit into the world I'm building.

How about this? I'll answer y'all's questions if you all promise to let me have a chance to make your awesome characters work exactly as you write them, and don't go running to edit things when I post information relating to the class you want.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2013, 03:50:16 pm »

I'm in agreement. I've got no intention of editing my application further, the character concept is as refined as it's going to get without input from Weird and the rest of the players.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2013, 04:07:21 pm »

sooounds good. I will now let the summer sun turn me into goop
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 91