Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 91

Author Topic: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis II: OOC ~{~~(@  (Read 56314 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis II: OOC ~{~~(@
« Reply #525 on: July 01, 2013, 07:24:22 pm »

I got a question, since merchants can send shit forward in time just by burying it, does that mean the world is covered in buried magical artifacts waiting to be dug up? What happens if they are dug up by accident? And can Mystics go around digging this stuff up?
I think, RE the mystic thing, you'd counter that by asking a mystic on your side "Where can I bury this so it only ends up getting found by who I want it to?"

Or possibly some sort of spell that blocks mystics from finding things.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 01, 2013, 08:20:11 pm »

How about we just say only the specific addressee is capable of finding and digging up the package?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 01, 2013, 08:46:12 pm »

Well I mean it was sorta a joke question. But I guess if we were to take it seriously. Then:
How about we just say only the specific addressee is capable of finding and digging up the package?

At that point you are expending a awful lot of magic. Even to be supported by a magical network, protecting something for possibly hundreds of years from any and all searchers seems like a fairly huge expenditure. Perhaps more so then just sending it forward in time.

Of course, the nature of time travel makes the whole question a bit iffy anyway. I mean, realistically, if it was found, the buyer would tell the seller that it was found and thus the seller would not put it there and so the buyer could not tell them that it did not make it and on and so forth, possibly collapsing probabilities infinitely, maybe forcing the universe into the correct positioning until the package is put in the right area in the first place?

Although that doesn't actually account for mystics. Unless their heads explode or something when they try to find a merchant stash because they collapse literately infinite probable universes.

Also the abilities of merchants (and thus presumably others) to time travel brings up some much more interesting, in my opinion, questions anyway. Such as. What?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 01, 2013, 08:59:50 pm »

Did a mystic start melting your brain near the end of that thought, Cript.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 01, 2013, 10:47:07 pm »

I've gone ahead and drawn up a family tree for the Outer Beings that I know of. Is anyone particularly interested in brief summaries of stuff like Cthulhu's various children or the complicated love-triangle between Hastur, Cthylla and Shub Niggurath? Or should I just stick to my three?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 02, 2013, 10:42:27 am »

Alright. The turn 1 reflection page should be updated with everybodies new stuff.

Due to crazy fourth of July Weekend shenanigans, I don't think we will be meeting today, tomorrow, or Thursday at the regular time. So we will do another forum turn this week, and perhaps a third one this weekend.

Start posting actions, journals, and whatnot!

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 02, 2013, 11:02:37 am »

It would be quite interesting to see it for all of the gods and also I love the new spell
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 02, 2013, 11:19:22 am »

I've gone ahead and drawn up a family tree for the Outer Beings that I know of. Is anyone particularly interested in brief summaries of stuff like Cthulhu's various children or the complicated love-triangle between Hastur, Cthylla and Shub Niggurath? Or should I just stick to my three?

Just stick to your three. In universe a Lovecraft story is as about as historically accurate as a Mel Gibson movie; somewhat grounded in fact, but lots of shit got made up or omitted.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 02, 2013, 06:07:25 pm »

Noted!

I'll send you the picture, Kansa. Even if it's not strictly accurate to Magia, it's interesting from a RL literary perspective.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 02, 2013, 06:13:29 pm »

Noted!

I'll send you the picture, Kansa. Even if it's not strictly accurate to Magia, it's interesting from a RL literary perspective.

Sounds cool I was always interested in Lovecraft and it will be cool to learn more about it
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 02, 2013, 06:21:46 pm »

Rag, unless you want one of the pre-made cantrips, you don't need to specify that you want them Siderial related. Weird custom makes spells and cantrips for you based on your character's theme and background. And given the wording of your theme...

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 02, 2013, 06:23:41 pm »

Wanted specifically MA stuff :P hence the specification.

As opposed to fate-dickery.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 02, 2013, 10:01:31 pm »

Hm. Kind of worried about having writing being the primary source of growth/feature points. There's only so much you can write about a single character before he/she becomes overdosed. For now it's fine, but I imagine we'll be hitting a wall with journals soon.

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 02, 2013, 10:04:59 pm »

I was just about to publish a draft on criticals and time bonuses, but then I realized: are criticals used in-session as well or just in forum turns?
Still alive, amazingly.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 02, 2013, 10:06:48 pm »

In the old Magia, criticals were done in sessions as well, yes. They just tended to be less soul crushingly horrible in the sessions.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 91