Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 91

Author Topic: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis II: OOC ~{~~(@  (Read 56171 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis II: OOC ~{~~(@
« Reply #1260 on: August 29, 2013, 08:32:05 am »

Also, wow, dose sea slugs are super powerful, if horrible tasting. If I find a way to suppress my sense of taste...

Questions, do they have to be eaten whole and raw as they are for them to provide benefits?
Is eating one a full turn or merely a move/attack action?
Do the benefits stack? Can I chow down on three before a mission and get three free cantrips?

Just make as many checks as you want at the start of a session until you fail one. Yeah, they have to be eaten whole and raw.

I wouldn't mind some extra guys, really....we could use the help during missions.

Also, fluff is easy-you can just subcontract that out to your other players. :P I'd be willing to do it, as well.
Well, anything that gets the group above 3-4 players a session is a good thing for sure. I can help out with writing up turns if you're okay with a player doing that. As long as I'm not writing for Miles, I should be able to refrain from any awesome jokes.

Think you'll finally have time to go over my character before you hit the sack? New new dude I PMed you about yesterday.

Allright. We will test this. I will subcontract a few of the actions next forum turn to Dwar and Lilli.

Well, anything that gets the group above 3-4 players a session is a good thing for sure. I can help out with writing up turns if you're okay with a player doing that. As long as I'm not writing for Miles, I should be able to refrain from any awesome jokes.

Think you'll finally have time to go over my character before you hit the sack? New new dude I PMed you about yesterday.

A crashed more or less as soon as I made my last post :p

Anyway, I'll do your character with the reflection stuff. I hope. On that note I'm in a rush to get to school, and would like to do reflection stuff this evening if possible. If Lilli or Tar would be kind enough to decide who gets what point based on journals and RP soon, I would be most greatful. Otherwise, I'll likely have to do the reflection stuff after the next mission.

I trust both Lilli and Tar, and want this done soon, so feel free to use your best judgement on the matter.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: August 29, 2013, 09:40:52 am »

Too bad Leilani isn't around. I'm sure being able to remove your sense of taste would be extremely helpful in downing those slugs :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: August 29, 2013, 10:30:45 am »

Maybe he can just sell his sense of taste for a time. Rent it out so to speak.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: August 29, 2013, 04:33:13 pm »

You can only spend GP on skills if you made a successful roll of that skill. So no Charm boost for you, Kansa. Since you both got ranks in a turn, I'm really not sure you can even spend points to raise those skills. Weird's being immensely inconsistent, so until that's sorted out, it might be best to just save the points.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: August 29, 2013, 04:38:18 pm »

I used charm in the forum turn to find the person to help with the tattoo
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: August 29, 2013, 04:40:58 pm »

It can get kind of confusing when one reads this...

She looks for another good 45 minutes, but can't find anything other hidden qualities about the inkwork, and eventually sends you on your way so she can return to her business.

Result = 20

20 is the result of what? :P

In her turn, she suggested her charm roll would be used, but otherwise she has to guess?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: August 29, 2013, 04:41:58 pm »

Huh. So you did. Weird really didn't write the turn as though that was what you were doing, so I figured something else was rolled.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: August 29, 2013, 05:00:40 pm »

Also, I'm a bit worried about the wording here.

It takes only a few hours for him to teach you the very basic tricks for putting formerly embeaded objects back into beads.

So, now I can take apart beads, and put them back together.

And I still can't actually make beads from anything else. Which means I can't really trade except for the sort of magic asspull I saw in this last turn. I don't even know how he just warped those things to me, or how he took my money lol.

Are they going to be separate rituals, then? One for rebeading formally rebeaded beads and one for beading never-beaded before beads? D:
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: August 29, 2013, 05:27:53 pm »

Hm. A lot of levels being gained this turn. And I'm only coming in at level 3. Well, I suppose I always do enjoy a challenge.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: August 29, 2013, 05:30:02 pm »

Levels don't really seem to do much. I mean. For people already in the game. They are what? A few hp and a single stat? I mean, sure. They help some, but they are a pretty poor indicator of power. They are much more effective when making a character of course.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: August 29, 2013, 05:31:35 pm »

Levels are not a good indication of power, but Growth Points and Feature Points (which give you levels) are. Lillipad's character is built with less points, so he's naturally going to be weaker starting out.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: August 29, 2013, 05:35:38 pm »

Eh. I mean. What you say is sorta true, to a point, but it's all still so very unclear. Features are good. Some of them. Spells are good. Some of them. Stats are good. Some of them.

Like: That Cosmic Monster Lore sure has been useful right? It's roughly equivalent to a permanent 50% bonus on damage right?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: August 29, 2013, 05:41:12 pm »

What Grek said. And being the material mage, those extra points would go a long way. Especially the health. I actually went against my usual ideals and invested in my defenses, so I didn't have much left to put into HP.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: August 29, 2013, 06:03:05 pm »

Like: That Cosmic Monster Lore sure has been useful right? It's roughly equivalent to a permanent 50% bonus on damage right?

Wouldn't quite put it on par with 50% bonus to damage (seriously, who has that?), but it has been useful on several occasions. Not so much for the mechanical bonuses, but for the "Can identify and know the weaknesses of any cosmic critter, no matter how obscure, automatically with no roll." bit.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: August 29, 2013, 11:05:36 pm »

So Weird, you have quite a bit of homebrew to take care of. This is our revenge.

Can you clarify if they can still raise their skills with GP even though they got skill ranks for most everything in the turn? Kind of important for determining levels gained and how points are spent.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 91