Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 91

Author Topic: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis II: OOC ~{~~(@  (Read 56222 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis II: OOC ~{~~(@
« Reply #1005 on: August 02, 2013, 09:00:09 pm »

You gonna roll and lock turns tonight Kuji?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: August 02, 2013, 11:42:52 pm »

Everyone posted? Alright, I'll take tomorrow as a check day, and if everything goes out perfectly, I'll lock and roll. Right now I'm in the middle of another game and at Nate's house.
Still alive, amazingly.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: August 02, 2013, 11:46:25 pm »

Grek, Cript, Dwarm, Rag, and Kansa. Powder won't be doing anything for a while since he never left us any info on what to do with Lei(whose name I forgot and had to look up. Again.)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: August 02, 2013, 11:48:54 pm »

Grek, Cript, Dwarm, Rag, and Kansa. Powder won't be doing anything for a while since he never left us any info on what to do with Lei(whose name I forgot and had to look up. Again.)

just give him repeated 12 Hours: TRAIN RESEARCH orders?

Useless, but at the same time hilariously useful.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 02, 2013, 11:56:17 pm »

just give him repeated 12 Hours: TRAIN RESEARCH orders?

Useless, but at the same time hilariously useful.

Pretty sure Weird mentioned somewhere that he'd be a lot meaner with the dice on constant repeat schedules of 12 hour actions.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: August 02, 2013, 11:57:23 pm »

Uuuum...

Pick a skill each time and do 6/6?

I like the 6/6 spread.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 03, 2013, 12:02:35 am »

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Leilani pop? It's impossible to tell because after a few the tongue goes too fast to record. Apparently we should lick her before battle.

I feel sorry for the male vampires last night that she was not around.

If you want a gamey answer to what you should have her do, I would say what she really needs is more Mag. Attack and a self buff.

Her theme looks like senses and fire, so maybe something dare devily.

Yes, some way to increase her senses that control magic in battle would be ideal.

Edit: Wow. Hellchamber Echo is a cruel spell to have given her.

Edit 2: Do Hellchamber Echo and Force Reincarnation cause hard deaths?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:24:45 am by Criptfeind »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: August 03, 2013, 12:25:50 am »

It's really really useless too. Her first time using it led to Kuji dying.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 03, 2013, 12:29:28 am »

What do you mean useless? It's a good spell. Crippled a little by the whole only once per 12 hours thing, but a DB11 spell that probably won't actually cost anything is really good.

That's why it's cruel, to give such a good spell to a player who can't use it to it's full potential yet.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: August 03, 2013, 12:34:46 am »

Hellchamber Echo causes damage and damnation. Not necessarily hard death. If you die while damned, you probably end up in one of the Hells, which might maybe make it more difficult to revive you (what with being in hell), but not impossible.

I'm not sure what effect Force Reincarnation would have on a soul who's going to get reincarnated. Best guesses are it messes with the person trying to revive you in order to meet its requirements, or it waits until you're hard deathed to work.

Exhausting [12] means that you can't use ANY conjurer spells for the next 12 hours, not just that spell. So, if Leilei uses it, she is stuck with her cantrips. Which, due to Powder making poor character design choices, can only be used once per day as well.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: August 03, 2013, 12:40:15 am »

Ah. I suppose I should have known that about exhausting, I had it mistaken for cooldown (Silly other magic users, using your own power to channel magic.) Yeah, that's not too great. Although it's still a pretty good finisher, although perhaps not quite worth it.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: August 03, 2013, 12:42:53 am »

It can ONLY be used as a finisher. And it's not even very good at doing that. It only has a max damage ceiling of 52 on Lei. And if any friendlies happen to be in range when it's used, they get hit with friendly fire and become damned as well. It's really not that good mechanically speaking.

[EDIT]
Oh, and the whole "Incapable of killing" thing it's got going for it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: August 03, 2013, 12:58:52 am »

Average damage of 38, which is lower then it should be, but that is why I said she needs mag attack and a mag attack stage self buff, to bring that up. Ether way though, it's not exactly bad. Comparatively to most other spells. I mean. What actually beats it? A random artillery that gets lucky? My attack when shifting? It seems to be by far the most powerful aoe we have, and almost the most powerful direct damage. Hitting a ally would be bad, but it is easy enough to avoid doing so. But yes. Exhaustion as opposed to cooldown almost cripples the spell. I will give that it might not be a 'good' spell, but it is certainly a powerful one.

Also, if it is the finishing move of the fight then the difference between dead and incapacitated are meaningless. Or rather, mechanically it is meaningless, it's a really big deal RP wise, which is why I said the spell was cruel to give to Leil in the first place.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: August 03, 2013, 01:05:35 am »

It's not as meaningless as you'd think. Incapacitation is immediately reversible(ignore what it says on the wiki, Weird doesn't use the 10 minute thing) whereas death is not. One of the big reasons Francis died was because the only mandrake they managed to incapacitate was immediately brought back up by a healer.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: August 03, 2013, 01:16:48 am »

If the battle is over, that pretty strongly implies that there are no more enemy healers to raise them back up. The whole enemy team being dead or the whole enemy team being incapacitated (or at least so heavily hurt and mostly incapacitated to the point where the casters allies will certainly be able to incapacitate the rest in very short order) are, as far as the fight is concerned, the same.

Also I have been wondering, do priests just get infinity spells until they piss off their gods? ... Actually, huh. A lot of classes get infinity spells, I was always more focused on the ones that don't so I never noticed. Strange.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 91