Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Roasts with 5+ ingredients bug  (Read 1152 times)

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Roasts with 5+ ingredients bug
« on: June 16, 2013, 07:15:42 pm »

So there I was, sorting my tradables by value to chuck on the dwarven caravan, when I noticed a 103-item roast stack. This understandably confused me, as I hadn't killed any megabeasts yet, so I checked it out...

There are nine total ingredients. Nine.

On a hunch I went through my other obscenely expensive roasts...

Another one. It seems to be the only one, as I went through others and they didn't have more than the usual amount. These both have quarry bush leaves, although others that were normal did not. Has anyone else seen this bug, or figured out how to replicate it reliably fix it?

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Whackjob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roasts with 5+ ingredients bug
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 07:25:02 pm »

I believe it is because the same-ingredients are all differing quality levels.  No need to fix it... more ingredients and more used during preparation just mean more portions.  Food is not lost in cooking, even if there were 40 ingredients.   And it also has the happy side effect of costing more then the King's adamantine toilet bowl that menaces with spikes of alabaster and goat bone.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 07:29:25 pm »

I believe it is because the same-ingredients are all differing quality levels.  No need to fix it... more ingredients and more used during preparation just mean more portions.  Food is not lost in cooking, even if there were 40 ingredients.   And it also has the happy side effect of costing more then the King's adamantine toilet bowl that menaces with spikes of alabaster and goat bone.

Thus the crossed-out "How do I reliably replicate this glorious consolidation of foodstuffs?" :D

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Whackjob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 07:36:29 pm »

I know of no way of fixing it.  You could stop using quarry bush leaves, but other processed components that are done by your dwarves probably would have the same effect.  Like rock nut press cake.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 07:56:33 pm »

Whackjob: "fix it" was I jest. What everyone wants to know is how to replicate it.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 08:24:52 pm »

Is the same that the planepacked bug:

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Planepacked#Way_to_reproduce

Once a cook starts gathering materials, put him in a burrow that includes the ingredients but not the kitchen. He will keep gathering ingredients.
Once you are satisfied, delete the burrow and he will make the roast.

I once used this to make a 3 million roast. (i killed several megabeasts in Adv mode, carried their bodies to a fortress and cooked all of them in
a single roast, along with everithing i find)
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 08:33:19 pm »

Is the same that the planepacked bug:

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Planepacked#Way_to_reproduce

Once a cook starts gathering materials, put him in a burrow that includes the ingredients but not the kitchen. He will keep gathering ingredients.
Once you are satisfied, delete the burrow and he will make the roast.

I once used this to make a 3 million roast. (i killed several megabeasts in Adv mode, carried their bodies to a fortress and cooked all of them in
a single roast, along with everithing i find)

I have exactly zero burrows. Do Planepackeds ever happen without burrows?