Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: Creation of Mitheraria (Illustrated, deific world creation)  (Read 27841 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Creation of Mitheraria (Illustrated, deific world creation)
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 07:01:10 pm »

Name: Kyle
Appearance: A tall humanoid with a smooth face that's up to an individuals interpretation.
Personality: You remember that kid in school who always did weird things and just said he didn't know when people asked why? He's like that.
Agenda: I want to make monsters and see how long for humans to realize that only some of them are bad.
Spheres: Life, learning, peace

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 07:06:23 pm »

Would focusing more on a wealth/technological aspect of him make my god work a bit better for the game?
Because in retrospect that was originally what I was gonna go for, but I changed my mind for... some reason I can't really recall. :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Would that work nicely? Or should I change him up a bit more?
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 07:19:27 pm »

A) Progress is taken, and B) I'd like something that clashes a bit more with the other gods.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 07:21:47 pm »

A) Progress is taken, and B) I'd like something that clashes a bit more with the other gods.
Oh right, sorry. Forgot about progress being taken.
Hm... Would focusing quite a bit more on the whole nobility angle work?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 07:26:11 pm »

This looks cool. I can tell you're improving in both GM planning and art, Nirur. Good luck and PTW.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 07:31:44 pm »

This looks cool. I can tell you're improving in both GM planning and art, Nirur. Good luck and PTW.
Thanks! But I think it's more an improved ability to fool people into thinking I know what I'm doing.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 07:32:46 pm »

Thanks! But I think it's more an improved ability to fool people into thinking I know what I'm doing.

That's what GMing is all about!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 07:55:29 pm »

Do I hear a god game? Blood throne is here! Guaranteed to clash with other gods!

Name: Sanguine
Appearance: A bloodstained throne made of black obsidian. Fresh blood constantly flows from the point one would sit. The throne is carved with a set of forty symbols. When blood drips onto the symbols, they glow crimson. The throne is surrounded by an infinite menagerie containing every object that has or will ever exist. The objects randomly hurl themselves toward the seat of the bleeding throne. When they collide, there is the sound of raw flesh, and a renewed burst of blood pours from the throne. About the throne a bloodcurdling screaming can be heard. The screaming intensifies whenever the objects make contact with the area above the throne. About the entirety of the presence is an uncharacteristic darkness.
Personality:  Sanguine can often be thought of as an evil deity, but its duty is to bring misfortune to test its subjects, and its praise must be earned. It seldom speaks to mortals, preferring to direct more subtle messages at most. It is grim and reserved, and enjoys wandering the wild, empty spaces of the world. Its favored people are the wild barbarian berserker folk, whom it will occasionally send visions to while they are experiencing soul-wrenching agony. This has led to the practice of cutting oneself to seek guidance from Sanguine. It enjoys the cryptic, and delights in challenges of both physical and mental skill. It tends to stand apart from the other gods, shunning the ordered structure of society. It is commonly believed that the worship of Sanguine brings bad luck, and such worship is often underground. Sanguine is generally beloved more by the poor than the rich, who would likely be asked to give up their wealth. When a saint of Sanguine is nearby, it is common practice to use a large specially-made deadbolt to lock all doors at night, as a means of keeping out bad luck.
Agenda: Sanguine exists to make existence a struggle. It wishes to make the world harsh and filled with pain, but those who can sacrifice themselves and overcome these trials are promised paradise. It wants to force mortals to earn their right to existence. It keeps knowledge from mortals, forcing them to seek it out, and fight for their evolution. It also exists in nemesis to evolution and progress, reining in these chaotic forces.
Spheres: Pain, Entropy, The Unknown

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 08:18:09 pm »

After further thought, SomeStupidGuy's Lord Argent gets the fourth slot. It gives us three gods with differing, antagonistic, methods of advancing mortals, balanced by the death god's ideals of harmony.

Actions, please.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 08:19:23 pm »

There we go.
Having looked over the other gods a bit more closely, I think this should clash with one of them, at the very least.

Fake edit- Oh. Heh, cool. So, which version should I use?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 08:24:07 pm »

Wh- I already had progress. You bastard!

From the uniformity, a ripple.

Create a massive mountain on the Equator, taller than any other mountain, no exceptions. If one appears that is taller than this mountain, this mountain shall grow to exceed it's height.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 08:33:48 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2013, 08:28:37 pm »

Wh- I already had progress. You bastard!

I realized that like, right after I posted it. Sorry. xP

Could I put Diplomacy back in instead of progress, Nirur?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2013, 08:32:08 pm »

Nirur's thread. Must watch. Art.

Waitlist/PTW.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 08:36:00 pm »

Could I put Diplomacy back in instead of progress, Nirur?
Please do.

The latter's better.

New rule, experimental: Watchers get to make and vote on suggestions, at one per turn, with power based on the number voting for it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2013, 08:52:33 pm »

New rule, experimental: Watchers get to make and vote on suggestions, at one per turn, with power based on the number voting for it.
Neat.

Create Maka trees on the world. Maka trees are somewhat twisting trees with shaggy, hanging leaves.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25