Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Dragon RTD Rawr: Turn 1: Birth  (Read 5818 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Dragon RTD Rawr: Turn 1: Birth
« on: June 16, 2013, 05:47:11 am »

I am simply not capable of not making RTDs. It's been a while. Been busy. Am in a hurry. Typing fast. Copy-paste from .txt files starts now.

A long time ago someone hosted a certain RTD where you were a dragon and did cool stuff. However it ended way too early. I realised now that I really missed it. Which is why I'm going to host something like that. However this is way more simplistic. Things you should know:
1) This is a RP-focused RTD. Because of that, mechanics are simplistic and work on the rule of "if it seems to make sense". Stats don't add flat modifiers to rolls. Instead, a very strong dragon that rolls 4 would still defeat a weak dragon that rolls 6. Rolls determine not how well you completed a task, but if you did your best or made a mistake you could have avoided. That said, the RTD is not competitive. While PvP is possible, you should not aim to become as powerful as possible. Instead this is going to be about interesting situations and character interaction.
2) The world is a still unnamed generic fantasy world. Instead of spending hours trying to make a rich world with many fantasy cultures and its own geography, I will make stuff up as this goes. I believe this not only saves time, but makes the game less predictable and makes exploring the world feel more interesting as well as give more stuff for the GM to work with and allow players to add to the game lore as well.
3)You start as a hatchling. Therefore your characters story is not yet written. Don't think of what you plan for the future - think of the present.
4) Those that know the RTD that this is inspired by will notice that this is far more simplistic. I felt like that one had too many numbers and I felt that the character generation was too complicated and had too much min-maxing potential.

Spoiler: Dragon Lore. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stat Descriptions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Figure types. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scale colors. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Breath weapons. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character sheet. (click to show/hide)

Players (6/6)
-scapheap
-Harry Baldman
-Tiruin
-sjm9876
-GreatWyrmGold
-Remigiusz
-Scionox
-Caellath

Waitlist:
-Xantalos
-Dansmithers
-Gamerlord
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:25:08 am by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon RTD Rawr: (0/6 players)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 05:53:48 am »

done?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:14:18 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 06:00:48 am »

Spoiler: Dragon Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Additional Details (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 08:06:14 am by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 06:04:08 am »

Note ahead: You really need to work on the formatting :/

But still (sorry for bad quality, typed this up while tired):
Spoiler: Adwen Eira (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 06:01:08 pm by Tiruin »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 06:33:59 am »

Spoiler: app (click to show/hide)

Not sure if I did the reputation right, if not I'll just correct it. sorted
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 06:49:27 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 06:44:36 am »

Reserve.

I hope you won't let it die very early.
Yeah, letting stuff die is something I'm known for. Summer, tho. I have plenty of time for stuff like this. Hopefully this will live longer than most of my games.

Not sure if I did the reputation right, if not I'll just correct it.
Reputation is straight numbers, not percentage. So Savage+Black Scales would be -50 + (-50) = -100

Breath:Flame(is shadow possible? or is Miasma that?)
Miasma is pretty much "power of evil" breath. I can let you have shadow, but that would simply count as cosmetically different miasma. Also, I think you misunderstood what I meant by "story". It should be something more like
Story: Darktail was born in the wilds outside of the city of Dramere, home to the war dragons of the drow. His father was among the former, a large black dragon, and his mother a wild dragon, green scaled and savage, who lived nearby. In one of the drows campaigns, the army was decimated by the enemies forces, and the elder dragon that led their forces gave pursuit to his father. The father, crippled and dying, returned to his city only to find it in ruins. Then Darktails mother found him, and breathing upon him, restored his prone form to life.
 The two dragons lived together for some time, becoming known as the twin terrors of Dramere, until one day an adventurer, going by the name of Valus the pure, slew them in his exploration of the ruins. In his pride, he claimed their nestful of eggs, leaving behind only one, which had rolled free of the nest. That egg hatched in the heat of the flames from his parents corpses, and the hatchling crawled free, emerging into the world high above the ruins of Dramere, on top of the spire of rock his parents had called home.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 06:48:51 am by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon RTD Rawr: (8/8 players)
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 07:17:33 am »

Spoiler: Violetchiller (click to show/hide)
Hm...that ended up more min/maxey than I had imagined.
Mostly, I used a random generator and tried to make it all fit.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:05:50 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon RTD Rawr: (5/6 players)
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 07:38:05 am »

Color: Violet (not purple); I suppose that's closest to Dark Blue...
Story: Um...well, she's very curious, skilled at magic, biblophilic, poor at maintaining large hoards, and short-tempered.
Violet is fine, and yeah, that'll count as blue.
 Story, tho

Story: (Since you start as a hatchling, you don’t have a story of your own yet. Instead this is the story of your parents, as it will greatly change your start. Will your parents take care of you and your brothers in their cave, letting you grow and learn safely? Will they leave you in the wilderness, forcing you to quickly adapt to the life of a predator? Will you be born in a city, eventually becoming a trained battle dragon like your parents? Will your father be a powerful magician and teach you all that there is to know about sorcery? Be creative.)
The action starts before your dragon develops a personality. Of course, you'll want to steer your character in a certain direction, but I need to know the situation in which the dragon was born in to write the first turns. How do you plan to make her skilled at magic? Was her father skilled at magic? Did she find a book in her parents treasure trove? Do her parents live in a huge abandoned library? Was she raised by a human wizard? "Story" should be something like that.

Also we have way too many scary asocial dragons.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 07:47:07 am by tomas1297 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 07:49:41 am »

Sheet: done. Hope it goes over well.
Lore: added. Figured it needed explanation.

Fortunately, my dragon isn't scary and asocial. Just blue and strange.

Also, mechanics question - are blue dragons resistant to their own magic?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 07:53:15 am by Harry Baldman »

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 08:01:43 am »

Also, mechanics question - are blue dragons resistant to their own magic?
Everyone is resistant to their own magic, unless they miscast a spell or, of course, if they mean to cast it on themselves. In case a blue dragon does miscast a spell, the damage will be less dangerous than what a different type of dragon would suffer. Also, though fire, frost, lightning and similar resistances completely protect from damage, physical and magic resistances only partially reduce damage, because these types of damage are way more common and complete resistance would be too strong.
 Also 30 charisma and -50 reputation is scary and asocial.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 08:07:33 am »

I assume stats will increase with age? If so are we doing ~1 year a turn or similar?
And my dragon won't be played as cruel. until people accuse him of being evil. then he may get a tad angry.
Ok, i can't actually promise that. evil can be rather appealing :D
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 08:10:56 am »

So magic resistance doesn't apply to spells you cast on yourself? That's good.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 08:12:09 am »

I assume stats will increase with age? If so are we doing ~1 year a turn or similar?
Stats will increase, yes. Turns are going to be mostly like in normal RTDs, but with lots of time skips.

So magic resistance doesn't apply to spells you cast on yourself? That's good.
It basically only applies when that would be a good thing.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 08:22:18 am »

Also we have way too many scary asocial dragons.
We do? well then, quick change.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remigiusz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 08:25:14 am »

Name: Ushinatta Hi(lost fire)
Figure:Gaunt
Color:Sky blue
Breath:Force
Story: Dragon that fly out form his home when he lost his fire breath and gained force breath... he was egg when insane junkie stolen him from cave
[You think that is impossible but he did it... he go to cave settled by 30 dragon and he go out alive with egg..]
After 20 years living like friend with this junkie, junkie died.... Dragon in his distress tried to burn all forest when they lived but he didnt make flame but very strong Force breath that maked forest destroyed. Dragon named him self "lost fire" in local language and flew away to this lands.
pessimistic, lonely, melancholic, calm but easy to provoke, clever but aggressive, offensive and savage when angry.

Attributes:
Combat Prowess: 80 + 0 = 80
Strength: 30 + 0 = 30
Intelligence: 80 + 10 = 90
Charisma: 30 - 20 = 10
+resistance to magic
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:34:13 am by Remigiusz »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6