Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No sedimentary layer and stuff plz help  (Read 346 times)

tar88z

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
No sedimentary layer and stuff plz help
« on: June 15, 2013, 02:35:34 pm »

Hello!

I made few worlds, with plenty of resources, embarks maybe 6 times, in places with flux and shallow metal, and all the time under the soil there is the annoying Igneous extrusive and Igneous intrusive ! and I dig all over the map.

I always manage to get along (get steel) by gold industry, or terrible luck to a big caravan that came, but I want F****** iron stone :)

oh and p.s.

what wrong with accident to trading caravans? is there a downside to that? u can get shitload of things this way :D

ammmmm and what happen if you just kill them all?

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR ANSWERING ME  :D :D :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 02:47:26 pm by tar88z »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: No sedimentary layer and stuff plz help
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 02:59:35 pm »

kill enough trade caravans and the civ may declare war on you. Also, if caravans make a profit they'll bring more stuff every time. Later on, you'll be swimming in thrash or at least stuff to sell to the cravan and you definately don't want most of the stuff they bring since it's just more thrash. Stealing becomes annoying rather than useful at that point

I especially dislike giving the elves an accident due to the high amount of worthless wooden crap I then have to get rid of. Also, don't outright attack your own civ dwarven caravan, it causes a loyalty cascade

on flux, The site finder is broken. It may show flux, but it's possible it is way deep in the ground near the magma sea, some marble there. Flux layers are always higher up. I tend to have better luck in areas with plenty of soil, though this isn't a requirement. Just consider what sediments are, where you'll most likely find them and you'll improve your chances
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

tar88z

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 04:16:59 pm »

thanks you,
but.. the flux finder is broken,  so the only way to find sedimentary layers is educated guess??? :(

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 04:24:44 pm »

the site finder seems to locate flux better with less minerals, so a higher mineral scarcity might help the site-finder. Otherwise, educated guess is the only way. On the other hand, after looking at what kind of sites have flux for a while I'm not just making an educated guess but a well-educated guess (50% so far, yay for me)
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.