Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jails - No Sentence Pending  (Read 1287 times)

Tovical

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Jails - No Sentence Pending
« on: June 15, 2013, 01:59:14 pm »

I'm working on a fortress where, for the first time, I'm allowing myself to be concerned with Justice. Taking baby steps to try to get a feel for it, I created a small jail with a single chain. I then assigned someone as a Captain of the Guard. The captain is in a squad set to Acitve/Training. A few months later I took a look at my Justice screen and there are a few "criminals" there, but each of them states "No Sentence Pending." I gave the game a few more months, figuring perhaps they needed some time to catch up since a Captain had just been assigned, but that didn't change anything. From what I've read about Justice, it seems like everything is in order, so I'm not sure what I'm missing. The only odd thing is that it turns out my Captain is in the Justice list (but with No Sentence Pending like everyone else).

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jails - No Sentence Pending
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 02:25:04 pm »

Check the combat reports to see if anyone got a beating.  They may have already served their time or got a few punches.

Tovical

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 07:56:21 pm »

You're probably right; it has been long enough that I cannot check the reports, but I had another violation and after trying to figure out how to carry out the sentence, I realized my Justice nobles took care of it automatically - I didn't realize they did that, so the previous cases were probably handled while I was dealing with something else.

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 12:20:32 pm »

I found that the Justice system is something best left alone: as long as no one dies, it's working okay. And then each time some dwarf dies because of it, I tune it a little down.
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!