Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: Hardcorize/Casualize a game  (Read 40527 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Hardcorize/Casualize a game
« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2013, 01:51:54 pm »

Extremely deadly tedious Hardcore Spore: Evolution is now handled realistically and the game proceeds in real time.
Extra Hardcore: there is no fast forward.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2013, 02:03:24 pm »

Hardcore Mass Effect Series:

-Shepard can die. Permanently. You must continue as one of your squadmates.
-Your squadmates can die permanently.
-No more black and white decisions. (And realistic consequences of your actions) Meaning making someone love you just got a whole lot tougher.
-You can all die on the suicide mission. When you load Mass Effect 3, you get a message to the effect of "Hahaha, no. You died. Deal with it." And the game gives a message "Insert Mass Effect 2, Disc 1"
-STD's. That'd add a bit of !!FUN!! to the dating game. Especially since the !! is the burning feeling Shepard gets when he pees now.
-PTSD. Oh no, Shepard's too emotionally tormented by the tough, non morally aligned decisions he's made? Who'll stop the Reapers now?
-Medi-gel is no longer omnipotent, and your enemies can use it too.
-Shepard can only carry two weapons, just like his squadmates.
-Shepard has the same limits on the number of powers he can use as his squadmates.
-You only have a set amount of game time in Mass Effect 3. The Reapers invade a new planet every time a certain amount of game time passes. ACTUALLY, SCRATCH THAT.
-A time system like Fallout One. Once X amount of time has passed, fuck you, the Reapers own the Milky Way. Every ingame (week, month?) the Reapers invade a new planet. You can slightly delay that by doing certain missions, which will certainly be tougher due to...
-Good AI. <--This could make any game hardcore.

^ This would be a hardcore, yet fun (imo) game.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2013, 02:03:41 pm »

Extremely deadly tedious Hardcore Spore: Evolution is now handled realistically and the game proceeds in real time.

Real-time organism/creature stage realistic evolution Spore as a perma-death MMO-PvP game where the climate and flora are controlled by player actions?
*drool*
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2013, 02:22:04 pm »

Real-time organism/creature stage realistic evolution Spore as a perma-death MMO-PvP game where the climate and flora are controlled by player actions?
*drool*
When I said real time I meant REAL TIME.
Capitalized because how long does actual evolution take?
Sig! Onol

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2013, 02:26:36 pm »

*drool*

For microorganisms? About a week.
See: Flu
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2013, 02:26:49 pm »

*drool*
On the bright side, computer power will increase faster than the game's resource usage as a session progresses.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2013, 02:27:25 pm »

*drool*
* Sirus points outside
Have fun.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2013, 02:28:48 pm »

*drool*
* Sirus points outside
Have fun.
touché

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2013, 02:29:12 pm »

*drool*
* Sirus points outside
Have fun.

Okay, I'll go find somebody with appealing traits, bash them until they stop moving and eat them. That will help! :D

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2013, 05:48:12 pm »

*drool*

But it took microorganisms about 1 billion years to become Eukaryotes, and another billion years to evolve into multicellular life.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2013, 06:18:09 pm »

*drool*

But it took microorganisms about 1 billion years to become Eukaryotes, and another billion years to evolve into multicellular life.
Then nobody would be able to play with multicellular life. I don't see the problem here.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 19, 2013, 06:53:50 pm »

Hardcore Mass Effect Series:
-You can all die on the suicide mission. When you load Mass Effect 3, you get a message to the effect of "Hahaha, no. You died. Deal with it." And the game gives a message "Insert Mass Effect 2, Disc 1"

This is already the case. It is possible for any and all of the people you bring to the suicide mission to die, including yourself. If you did die, ME3 doesn't let you import the save file.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 19, 2013, 06:55:56 pm »

Am I the only one who wanted there to be a short and utterly doomed Joker Campaign for importing a file where everyone dies on the Suicide Mission? You wouldn't even make it off Earth. Joker breaks his everything and Harbinger tap-dances on the Normandy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2013, 06:58:03 pm »

Am I the only one who wanted there to be a short and utterly doomed Joker Campaign for importing a file where everyone dies on the Suicide Mission? You wouldn't even make it off Earth. Joker breaks his everything and Harbinger tap-dances on the Normandy.
Totally doing that.
Sig! Onol

Weaponized Knowledge

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Gabe Newell Photoshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 19, 2013, 08:23:42 pm »

Casual Life: You are born to obscenely rich parents, you're incredibly handsome, and collect disability because you break out in hives every time you're exposed to work.oh wait that's actual life, not conway's thingy
Fight to regain Kirby's liver before the pink puffball dies after days of grueling fever and jaundice.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26