Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: Hardcorize/Casualize a game  (Read 40497 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Hardcorize/Casualize a game
« Reply #225 on: July 04, 2013, 06:42:36 pm »

Of course, when they step on them.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 04, 2013, 07:06:07 pm »

Hardcore STALKER: You are actually taken to Chernobyl that is now populated with scavengers who will kill you.

Alternatively: You die of radiation poisoning. Perhaps you'll encounter a mutant (Usually a larger then usual tree) before you perish.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 04, 2013, 08:02:46 pm »

All indoor enemies are Burers, all outdoor enemies Chimeras.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 04, 2013, 09:54:14 pm »

Hardcore Bioware RPG: All romance characters have STDs. Also, failing their dialogue tree means that they instantly kill you in a broken-hearted rage.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 04, 2013, 10:56:03 pm »

Hardcore Bioware RPG: All romance characters have STDs. Also, failing their dialogue tree means that they instantly kill you in a broken-hearted rage.

Haha, I think I suggested that for the ME series a few pages back.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 04, 2013, 10:59:14 pm »

Hardcore Any RPG: Everyone is Yandere, everyone wants in your pants, everyone will fucking kill you and each other for the crime of being wanted by anyone but them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 05, 2013, 01:45:42 pm »

Hardcore Bioware RPG: Every version of the female character that winds up betraying the party is in the same game.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 05, 2013, 04:15:09 pm »

Hardcore Starmade:

- Pirates fly battlecruisers since start, or to make it better, 3 battlecruisers, 6 medium ships, 12 small ships as an actual "pirate fleet", and double that + a calibri class capital ship as a "capital fleet" on rare occurance. The up side is that the loot from pirates is bigger and is good way to get blocks/money in late game
- Pirate stations actually have shields and useful turrets
- AI can use rockets, cloak, jammer, etc and is not retarded enough to run into suns
- Isanth-VI is not retarded and useless
- No items in shops except for factory blocks, manufacturing items and minerals.
- Since no items in shops, all has to be salvaged or created yourself, on up side, "tier 2" blocks made from L5 minerals, basically same blocks but with two times more stats.
- Suns ACTUALLY DO KILL YOU.
- Buying ships ONLY at shops.
- You die from lack of oxygen.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 05, 2013, 05:27:41 pm »

For the last one...
You are in a suit. Perhaps if you ran out of air...(i think thats getting added...)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
  • "Knowledge is power, guard it well."
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 06, 2013, 05:24:02 am »

Hardcore Warhammer 40k Space Marine:
First person gameplay with fully functioning power armour system and locational damage. Enemies are deadlier and if you are on the verge of death, you return as a dreadnought. Still in first person as the dreadnought...
Finally, if you die 'again' as the dreadnought you get to play as a guardsmen, good luck with that flashlight soldier...
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 06, 2013, 05:34:36 am »

Softcore 40k Space Marine: Metroid.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 06, 2013, 06:04:56 am »

Hardcore Starcraft: NES-style: no saving. If you lose a mission you have to start over from 1-1, the first mission of the human campaign.

Battletoads Starcraft: The non-base missions (like recovering the psi amplifier) are much less forgiving about where you can move units without sounding an alarm and getting swarmed. You have to move and react quickly and precisely in order to stay undetected. For example, perhaps a guard unit would trip an alarm in 3 seconds, and so requires 3 or more marines firing in unison to be killed quickly enough.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 06, 2013, 06:55:35 am »

Hardcore Warhammer 40k Space Marine:
First person gameplay with fully functioning power armour system and locational damage. Enemies are deadlier and if you are on the verge of death, you return as a dreadnought. Still in first person as the dreadnought...
Finally, if you die 'again' as the dreadnought you get to play as a guardsmen, good luck with that flashlight soldier...
Hardcore Space Marine: start as Scout Marine. Enjoy slaughtering the Orks, and the not-so-occasional death.
Your new loadout: carapace armour - no more regenerating power armour aegis; strongest ranged weapon useable - Stalker bolter/plasma gun; no thunder hammer or power axe for melee as Scouts are too lowly for those.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 06, 2013, 10:47:33 am »

Hardcore Space Marine: start as Imperial Guardsmen on a planet beset by every faction except the Space Marines. They arrive at the end... to set up the markers for Exterminatus.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 06, 2013, 02:13:37 pm »

Hardcore Space Marine: start as Imperial Guardsmen on a planet beset by every faction except the Space Marines. They arrive at the end... to set up the markers for Exterminatus.
Hardcore Surgeon Simulator 2013: You're operating on a dude to turn him into a space marine.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26