Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: You are a Lord II - OOC  (Read 30352 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Lord II - OOC
« Reply #345 on: June 22, 2013, 12:41:50 pm »

Don't you mean AND with lot's of screaming and death?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 22, 2013, 01:18:41 pm »

Welp, I just made promises for the king he might not uphold. No way this could backfire.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 22, 2013, 01:29:53 pm »

To clarify: You don't need to kill the wolf to validate the pact.  Only your peasant servants.

Iituem: Forcing you to cross moral event horizons for questionable supernatural boons since 2008!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 22, 2013, 01:31:46 pm »

This is why I didn't take something that works with magic.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 22, 2013, 01:39:28 pm »

Oh dear. Does 'souls' refer to animals, or people? Greedy SOBs, anyway. I sure wish I could speak with the king right now!

I'm way out of my depth here. Maybe I should ask for a chance to speak with the king. Why did I pick this joooob
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 22, 2013, 01:44:43 pm »

Hey, as far as King knows, you just promised him to deliver supernatural aid and help in restoring old faith. As to how much it costs, its up to you to divulge it to him (or not).

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 22, 2013, 01:47:16 pm »

Oh dear. Does 'souls' refer to animals, or people? Greedy SOBs, anyway. I sure wish I could speak with the king right now!

I'm way out of my depth here. Maybe I should ask for a chance to speak with the king. Why did I pick this joooob

It refers to your servants.  To be utterly explicit about it, they want you to brutally murder your hired help for their assistance.  :D
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 22, 2013, 01:50:24 pm »

Hulen is sadly a mostly honest person. He would insist on saying something, even downplayed and vague. And the other option (don't do anything, tell king the spirits' help is often subtle and indirect, which is why he won't notice it at all) won't even cross his mind.

...actually letting them kill the servants won't be a problem. Potentially lying about it might be.

@Iituem: Yeah, but I meant the 100 souls part. I don't think I have a hundred servants with me.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 22, 2013, 01:52:40 pm »

Hulen is sadly a mostly honest person. He would insist on saying something, even downplayed and vague. And the other option (don't do anything, tell king the spirits' help is often subtle and indirect, which is why he won't notice it at all) won't even cross his mind.

...actually letting them kill the servants won't be a problem. Potentially lying about it might be.

@Iituem: Yeah, but I meant the 100 souls part. I don't think I have a hundred servants with me.

Oh, any hundred souls will do.  Captured prisoners, peasants.  They need to be sacrificed deliberately at the altar, though, deaths in battle don't count.  That's after the fact, though.  All you need to do to get the boon right now is kill your friends and companions.  The 100 souls on top of that counts as more of a debt to be paid later.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 22, 2013, 01:56:38 pm »

Wait, they actually expect the fat, untrained priest to personally kill his servants? I thought they'd just accept a 'welp, take them then, sorry guys'.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 22, 2013, 02:08:58 pm »

You have peasants in need of gruesome killing, and a live wolf. I'm just saying...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 22, 2013, 02:15:30 pm »

Wait, they actually expect the fat, untrained priest to personally kill his servants? I thought they'd just accept a 'welp, take them then, sorry guys'.

Yup, the forest spirits are unrepentant sadists.  If it helps, your servants are weak and untrained as well.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 22, 2013, 02:20:16 pm »

Well, atleast they're our unrepentant sadists. I do not want to deal with the faerie spirits if this is how the feral ones act.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 22, 2013, 03:13:43 pm »

Bu...but the wolf. I just wanted the wolf. This other stuff was completely secondary. I think this'll go down as a total failure.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 22, 2013, 09:21:51 pm »

Don't you mean AND with lot's of screaming and death?
That seems to be the way it's going...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26