Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

Author Topic: You are a Lord II - OOC  (Read 30365 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Lord II - OOC
« Reply #330 on: June 22, 2013, 02:05:41 am »

...Why do people think I'm Hulen?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 22, 2013, 03:55:15 am »

Similar names. Can't be avoided. Also, I was kinda hoping you'd authorize taking the stallion and other royal animals, but I guess I'll just take them regardless. Can't hurt to have extra sacrifices given that the peasantry probably have been ignoring the nature spirits for some time.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 22, 2013, 04:30:45 am »

Similar names. Can't be avoided. Also, I was kinda hoping you'd authorize taking the stallion and other royal animals, but I guess I'll just take them regardless. Can't hurt to have extra sacrifices given that the peasantry probably have been ignoring the nature spirits for some time.

Thanks to Hemel's sacrifices (and painful they were), you now have three truly magnificent beasts.  Each one is worth a +1 to the summoning part of the rite, and the bonuses stack.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 22, 2013, 04:42:30 am »

Now he's Hemel? Poor guy can't catch a break. Will the stallion, hound and falcons also grant bonuses if I wish to use them? I kinda like the idea of trying to tame the wolf.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 22, 2013, 05:47:30 am »

I haven't mixed up anyone. I know Gamel is the hunter and Hulen is the shaman. I just referred to Gamel as 'hunter'.

E: Just read the hunt event. Iituem makes every action into a grand adventure :D

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 22, 2013, 07:13:51 am »

Iituem, you are one brilliant storyteller, I must say. Also, MOAR AUDIENCES WITH THE KING WITH POTENTIALLY PROFITABLE IDEAS!
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 22, 2013, 10:42:59 am »

Now he's Hemel? Poor guy can't catch a break. Will the stallion, hound and falcons also grant bonuses if I wish to use them? I kinda like the idea of trying to tame the wolf.

Each is satisfactory for the purpose (don't provide a +1, but won't offend the spirits) and will cost the kingdom £1 to replace each.

GAMEL.  Right.  I don't know why I keep confusing them.

Edit:  I'll let that use of "Sigrid" slide, since it's not unreasonable the spies might have collected information on the Alving chief's heir's name, at least.  The rest of the information Grewie received is new, though.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 10:48:09 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 22, 2013, 10:57:17 am »

With Meridia seeming much more like a large county than a kingdom as far as economy, military and landmass are concerned, one'd think the distance to Alford is not that great that rumors of the Clanlord's death, and with it, news of his successor, would take more than a month to cross the border. I will edit the post if you tell me otherwise though.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 22, 2013, 11:00:57 am »

Not sure if this warranted a roll, but next action will be summoning feral nature spirits of questionable friendliness. Ah, the life of a shaman.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 22, 2013, 11:07:09 am »

With Meridia seeming much more like a large county than a kingdom as far as economy, military and landmass are concerned, one'd think the distance to Alford is not that great that rumors of the Clanlord's death, and with it, news of his successor, would take more than a month to cross the border. I will edit the post if you tell me otherwise though.

No, that's valid.  You just don't learn the information about Sigfrid's background and motivations that Grewie has learned, at least until Grewie can deliver his report.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 22, 2013, 11:11:01 am »

That I can agree with, though we are all left to hope Grewie doesn't get himself executed, or better, exploded. The joys of magic.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 22, 2013, 11:26:14 am »

Those are fine. Just hope he doesn't anger the spirits too much. Woodcutting gets a lot more interesting when the trees start moving around.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 22, 2013, 11:53:48 am »

Angering spirits is the shaman's job, thankyouverymuch. Soeaking of which...

If it wasn't clear, Hulen is just calling the spirits to him. Actual offers and communin' will come if it actually works.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 22, 2013, 11:56:11 am »

BTW, I want that fair at £8. I don't mind it being extravagant.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 22, 2013, 12:38:07 pm »

This will either end well or with a lot of screaming and death.
Well, it could be worse.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26