Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: You are a Lord II - OOC  (Read 30379 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Lord II - OOC
« Reply #240 on: June 18, 2013, 05:24:28 pm »

You'd killed all of the guards, so it could have made sense for you to try for the treasury anyway.  It was about as wise as your first decision.  However, I will grant you that I should've allowed you extra choice there.

Here is an alternate run of events, then, should you try to hide instead. 

[5] You manage to find a concealed spot in the rooftops and hide there overnight, trying your best to bind your wounds with torn scraps of clothing.  [5 vs 2] Patrols scout the town through the night, but from your spot you are able to remain hidden until the morning comes.  When it does, around mid-morning a crowd gathers around the chief's longhall [Stealth: 4 vs 6] as three young women wearing black leather armour are dragged into the town square.  A young man wearing a brooch-clasped cloak emerges from the chief's longhall and denounces them as spies and assassins.  [Torture: 1 vs 3] His allegations are alarmingly specific, going so far as to even name the murderer of his father as being an assassin from Meridian - you suspect the three of them broke under torture.  You watch as the young chief orders nooses placed around their necks and they are dragged kicking and screaming to a tree to be hanged.

[1] You try to catch some sight of your other blades, but you can't see them.  Either they're remaining in hiding or they've fled to avoid capture.  Worse, the Alvings now have proof of your ill-conduct in their confessions.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 18, 2013, 05:28:04 pm »

Ok but 1 question.... how did they even know? Alexis didn't even know she was going to do it until he had a heart attack so how did the blades know?
And how did they have any idea I was from Meridian when they all knew me as one of the tribe?
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 18, 2013, 05:32:41 pm »

Ok but 1 question.... how did they even know? Alexis didn't even know she was going to do it until he had a heart attack so how did the blades know?
And how did they have any idea I was from Meridian when they all knew me as one of the tribe?

Good question.  How did the blades know?  How did the blades know that their leader was in trouble and that they needed to head directly to the capital to render assistance just in the nick of time?

The chief is dead.  You spoke openly of plans to kill the chief during court.  The blades were present at court.  They found out the chief was dead, they were captured, they were tortured, they broke and sang like canaries.  They were obviously from Meridian, they confessed to such, and they told everything about you before they were done.  The new chief can put two and two together quite easily.

Also, GWG:  I edited in a response to your action as well.  Sorry I missed it.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 18, 2013, 05:36:18 pm »

Well the blades with me originally did know that's where we were heading, so why would they not go to capital first? I was meant to have them anyway so makes sense a second attempt would be made to send them.

Obviously from Meridian not so much since we are foreign but meh it's possible some hilltribe guy has seen them in the kingdom.

She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 18, 2013, 05:37:45 pm »

Drop it Alex, it's done so just run with it.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 18, 2013, 05:50:32 pm »

A note about my rolling, by the way.  I don't generally fudge rolls.  If I wanted to drop an anvil on Alexia I'd have done it much sooner, but if you consider her responses to the situations, she always went for the high risk:reward strategy.  So yeah, if luck had been on your side you could've actually gotten out of that with the blades, treasury and chief's head.  I gave the blades and tribesmen equal 'stats', and I fudged the result of a kill-shot into 'infected wound' because it was more interesting and gave you better chances for play than killing you outright.

But if you can't embrace the idea that losing might be Fun, then maybe this isn't the game for you.  Every character in this game is going to lose, sometimes horribly, but generally I won't kill someone unless they're being incredibly stupid.  Every failure is just one more opportunity to recover once again.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 18, 2013, 05:53:58 pm »

Iituem, this is a bit embarrassing, but I was planning on making Kanh drill the troops (I only wanted the opening speech for making officers, which... Didn't work) but... Procrastination happened (to my defense, I just discovered Endless Space). Do you mind if the 'commander' in charge of drilling changes, even though you've already rolled?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 18, 2013, 05:55:48 pm »

Iituem, this is a bit embarrassing, but I was planning on making Kanh drill the troops (I only wanted the opening speech for making officers, which... Didn't work) but... Procrastination happened (to my defense, I just discovered Endless Space). Do you mind if the 'commander' in charge of drilling changes, even though you've already rolled?

Yeah, it doesn't change the roll.  It just means Anastasia can't lead troops instead (you still can).

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 18, 2013, 06:00:10 pm »

I already said the same thing in the IRC, the game is nothing like what I expected when I designed a set of elite assassin/spies.

I'm screwed anyway, if by some miracle the infection doesn't kill me the king will execute me the moment I return to the kingdom.

But I guess I have 1 idea left that's has about a 1/10.000 chance of actually working.
Now it never would.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 18, 2013, 06:00:59 pm »

There's an IRC?

Edit:  Nevermind, found it.

You still have about half of the blades left; the trick to using your talent is to employ them instead of doing it yourself.

However, if you want to play a more hands-on spy, I'd be happy to let you play as Alexia 2.0 (she needs a name of her own) but with the Stealth talent instead of Spymastery, letting you do all of the sneaky hands-on stuff instead.  The downside is that you'd lose bonuses operating the blades.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 06:05:17 pm by Iituem »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 18, 2013, 06:15:26 pm »

Gorlath, Wandering chaplain-errant of the Ogre Church. A large, heavy built man whom resembles a young ogre more than a man. Simply garbed in the traditional robe of the church (Along with a few pieces of armour, and some trousers).

Travelling from the main church holdings in (Whatever the Papal seat is called), He has been sent to Meridia amist claims of a resurgent of pagan beliefs.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 18, 2013, 06:17:14 pm »

Gorlath, Wandering chaplain-errant of the Ogre Church. A large, heavy built man whom resembles a young ogre more than a man. Simply garbed in the traditional robe of the church (Along with a few pieces of armour, and some trousers).

Travelling from the main church holdings in (Whatever the Papal seat is called), He has been sent to Meridia amist claims of a resurgent of pagan beliefs.

The traditional robe of the church does not contain trousers.

The Papal seat is called the Maw.  It is a terrifying place.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 18, 2013, 06:54:02 pm »

So, wait. Is Grewie with me, with Hulen, or with the Mysterious Old Man?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 18, 2013, 06:56:43 pm »

So, wait. Is Grewie with me, with Hulen, or with the Mysterious Old Man?

Grewie, immediately after leaving the Mysterious Old Man, bumps into Hulen GAMEL.  A short while later, they bump into Alexia.

Wrong name!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:01:01 pm by Iituem »

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 18, 2013, 07:19:05 pm »

Uhm Grek, I'm pretty sure she wants the mage to heal her not you... she did grab him.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26