Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: You are a Lord II - OOC  (Read 30412 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Lord II - OOC
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2013, 09:05:25 pm »

So, it's a 100% chance if that's the only possibility.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2013, 09:05:37 pm »

I feel like Alexandra is going to lengths to piss off everyone, seriously. You might want to rein it in a little.
Indeed. Although I don't think it's intentional...no one would be so dedicated to that that they'd start an assassination scare.

I just want to have an over arcing story with Alexis, the abrasive yet charming spy-mistress, falling in love with Grewie, the castle wizard with a heart of gold. No pun intended given his player.
-1, except to the Heart of Gold thing.

Don't be so happy, Rose is and of the 6 she is by far the most sadistic, but she hasn't met you yet so she doesn't know to hate your guts.
...Then why does she?

KJ, the only thing that will ever happen between the two of them is about an 80% chance that once Alexis hears how the mage has acted towards the blade that she'll eviscerate him on the spot.
Yay.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2013, 09:10:02 pm »

There's a 20% chance she'll just pretend he doesn't exist.

I'm not going to lengths to piss everyone off, that's just the two characters known so far, one is a cold and calculating spymaster who thinks of nothing but getting the job done and does not care how.

The second is an assassin who hates command and hates being in one place for more then a few hours even more and so is agitated and abrupt almost all the time.

Of the other 4 one is a sadist ( Rose ), 1 is a sweet girl who's insanely loyal ( Ruby ), one is incredibly shy and has a big crush and also enjoys slitting throats ( Chrissy ), and one is so gentle she's an assassin who has never killed anybody in her life and has gone out of her way to incapacitate rather then kill. ( Malissa )

Chrissy will be coming in shortly. The others I haven't decided when I'll introduce them as a person yet rather then just as a blade, but none of them will see a huge amount of use as people.

The nice members of the group just haven't been introduced yet.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 09:13:18 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 15, 2013, 09:12:17 pm »

Can I be the Papal Legate to the Kingdom of Meridia?

Well, we have Ogre Papacy for our state religion so you could be. However you must find yourself something ot do r ogive me suggestions on what you want done, since i can think of only so many things for all players. Make an IC post and we we can take it from there.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2013, 09:12:50 pm »

That's not just being gentle, that's being bad at her job until we get the relevant story as to why she's a blade.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2013, 09:15:14 pm »

Well the short version to it is her real sister is also a blade and the blades are the only family she's ever known.

She can't leave them but she is also unwilling to kill, so she is always assigned to the more spy related jobs or assigned to removing guards during attacks so she only has to incapacitate and does not have to kill.
But I'm still working on the back stories anyway for the whole lot as well as a past history for the blades.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 09:25:13 pm by Alexandria »
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 15, 2013, 10:07:10 pm »

A leader who makes people who interact with her too much tend to distrust her AND who makes bad decisions, at least one assassin who won't kill, at least two or three with other personality traits that would screw up any given mission, and that's just the half-dozen we know. There's a trope for that...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2013, 12:06:38 am »

Waiting excitedly on the Alexis/Gamel village rolls.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2013, 06:08:51 am »

You realise that clashing personalities is normal for basically every single group of people since the beginning of time, a personality trait will not screw up a mission unless the person is incapable of being professional. The blades are professionals and will get the mission done as ordered, the personality traits don't come into it since of those 4 none of them hold any rank so all they do is follow orders.

What did you expect, 40 perfect emotionless killers?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 06:13:27 am by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2013, 06:48:37 am »

If the king doesn't arrive soon, there is gonna be one hell of a cat-fight.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2013, 06:49:17 am »

Not really, the blades aren't even in the room with you hun, so good luck.
Now it never would.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2013, 06:58:06 am »

You realise that clashing personalities is normal for basically every single group of people since the beginning of time, a personality trait will not screw up a mission unless the person is incapable of being professional. The blades are professionals and will get the mission done as ordered, the personality traits don't come into it since of those 4 none of them hold any rank so all they do is follow orders.
I am aware.
And if you're talking about my comment about the leader, it's uncommon for someone to cause so many to dislike or distrust her so fast and without gaining any obvious friends. I know assassins and such aren't meant to be friendly, but you haven't been an assassin in our own castle. (Not that you've admitted to, at least.)

What did you expect, 40 perfect emotionless killers?
No, but the half-dozen we're aware of the personalities of struck me as being varying degrees of emotionally incompetent. Especially the one who won't kill, period. That one also suggests to me that the personalities of the others could get in the way of the job...
Sig

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2013, 07:00:48 am »

The ones I explained are the most extreme of them, the rest have minor personalities to much lower degrees, so some dislike to kill but will anyway and so on.

They don't get in the way of the job since any good commander will pick the right people for the right jobs, but it won't really come up since even if she doesn't want to kill a 5 with a crossbow will still probably kill. It'll just depress her for a while.
Now it never would.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2013, 07:04:47 am »

Girls, chill out, there is plenty of king to go around!

In all honnesty though, i'm not on all the time so please bear with me while I get here and reply. Kingdoms have a nasty habit of falling and catching fire while I'm away...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2013, 07:06:13 am »

Resisting...urge...to...sig...
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26