Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42

Author Topic: ~The World is a Ghetto~ (New Game is Up!)  (Read 59948 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: ~The World is a Ghetto~ (Chapter 26: Reptile)
« Reply #540 on: November 28, 2013, 07:01:15 am »

You appear to have some weak-ass sheds. We manage to keep a few life jackets, two bikes, a wheelbarrows, two entire plastic closets full of random junk, a set of drawers full of sports equipment, TWO KAYAKS, and an all of our lawn and other care tools stored between that one and the side shed.
AT LEAST YOU HAVE A SHED
We had to suck on two bits of cold gavel- Sorry wrong skit.

Get the spade and one of the Gardening Gloves pair
Remember to give the Machete to Jarrod
Go into the house(rear door).
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 30, 2013, 12:42:36 pm »

Yo, Wulf man.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 03, 2013, 06:31:03 pm »

Sorry >,<

fucking door shall we try and find another entrance ?

look for another way into the house which would cause a lot of noise
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 03, 2013, 06:38:14 pm »

Sorry >,<

You want an entrance that would cause noise or wouldn't? Just making sure. I think it would be reasonable if your characters figured out by now that the front door has been successfully opened.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~The World is a Ghetto~ (Chapter 27: Descent)
« Reply #544 on: December 05, 2013, 11:11:01 pm »

Chapter 27: Descent

~Day 1~
August 8th, 2015
1:56:28 P.M.

Grab the hammer. Never know when you need one.

Kyle browses through the items of the shed when he comes across a Claw Hammer lying on a shelf. He examines it as he takes a hold of it, the wooden handle slightly worn and a few minor indications of rust on the otherwise ferocious looking claw-handle.

Charles returns to the shed, looking around. After a bit he grabs a pair of gloves, the rope and the wheelbarrow, then heads to the garage.
"This otta help us a bit with carrying whatever we get out of the place." He remarks as he walks.

Charles, after making sure that the threat of the snake is gone, goes off to accompany Kyle in the shed. While browsing, he picks up a Pair of Gloves and a Partial Length of Rope. Stuffing both objects in his pockets, he looks fondly at the Wheelbarrow. Charles uses his gloves briefly to wipe some cobwebs off the handles, after which he grabs it and wheels it out of the shed, remarking about its useful carrying capacity. Wheeling it over to the garage, he finds the garage door locked, though its material is not much more than some reinforced plastic.

"Heh. You know, I was quite a pianist back in my day."

Go over and begin playing this.

While Omeen and Layla scout the house for supplies, Jarrod looks at the Grand Piano in the living room, reminiscing when the sound of beautiful music was commonplace. The piano bench sits down as he eyes the keys, all of which have begun to rot slightly.

[Piano Roll: 5]

The dynamic Minute Waltz reverberates around the house for a good couple of minutes. It's hard for everyone not to feel a mirthful nostalgia of the pre-outbeak era. The piano creates a good mood for a change.

Jarrod, Omeen and Layla's mood are now changed to Content.

Get the spade and one of the Gardening Gloves pair
Remember to give the Machete to Jarrod
Go into the house(rear door).

Clair is the last person to go through the shed for now. She manages to nab the spade, sticking the handle between her pants and her thigh. However, she turns around to see Charles grabbing both of the gloves before she has a chance. Clair glances at the Machete tied to her belt loop, reminding herself to hand it over to Jarrod. She heads back out, towards the house's rear door. Giving it a twist, she finds it locked. Despite this, she hears people already clamoring inside, so she determines that the front door must have gotten open by now.

"Everyone we only have five minutes to search, I don't want to stay in enclosed spaces any longer than that.
Look for chargers for my phone, and possibly speakers, also look for any food.

Ben and Wulf both enter the house just as Jarrod's piano solo ends, neither of them getting to receive the warm glow of Chopin's waltz. Ben commands a time restraint of five minutes as he begins scouring the ground level for any phone chargers, speakers, or food. Unfortunately, it seems as if the house, (at least at the ground level) has been cleaned bare. Both him and Wulf do find the various pieces of furniture left that perhaps a handy member of the group could do something with.

Kitchen:
4 Wooden Chairs
Small Table

Dining Room:
8 Wooden Chairs
Long Wooden Table

Bathroom:
Toilet
Sink
Shower Head
Glass Sliding Door

Family Area:
Leather Couch
Reclining Chair

Living Room:
Grand Piano
Cabinet of Fine China

The 14th Community all come into the house, with Omeen and Trish looking around the first floor with Ben and Wulf, while Terrel and Layla both tackle the lock door at the eastern side of the house.

[Layla Lockpicking: 3+3]

Layla unlocks the door in a dozen or so seconds, opening it to find a wooden staircase descending into darkness. Layla takes a few steps back, "I'm not going in there. Uh-uh."

Terrel is not fazed at all, and peeks his head through the doorway. He pulls out a Flashlight, illuminating the bottom of the staircase to reveal a concrete floor. He turns his head around and announces, "Hey y'all! Layla and me just opened up the basement. I'm going down, cuz' I'm sure they've got some food or fuel packed away somewhere. I got a flashlight with me too. So, does anyone want to come along?"

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Clair Lord (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Charles (Aseaheru) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ben Ross (anailater) (click to show/hide)

Call me naive, but one of these days, I'll figure out the proper pacing for this game.

Thanks for the musical share Greenstar! Really helped me write out this turn. I'm taking any suggestions for instrumentals that function as typing-aids. Normally I listen to things like Metal and Rap, but I've learned of the inefficiency in trying to decode these lyrical genres while simultaneously typing.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 05, 2013, 11:24:04 pm »

Kyle pockets the hammer and as an after thought grabs the clippers before seeing if he can get into the house.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 05, 2013, 11:51:06 pm »

((Heh, no problem.))

Play another quick little tune. Follow Omeen and Layla in their search for supplies, and see Layla would like the lipstick I picked up.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:59:25 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 06, 2013, 08:16:08 pm »

"Shure, this garage can wait abit."
To the basement, and bring that barrow.
Oh, what sort of tire is the barrows? Solid or with pressure?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 06, 2013, 10:38:39 pm »

Round, air-based.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 07, 2013, 11:08:55 am »

Note to self then, get a patching kit and a airpump.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 07, 2013, 12:38:53 pm »

"I'll be right down!"
Grab the fine china, fancy plates are better than no plates, then head down with the others.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 08, 2013, 11:31:13 am »

search the house for anything which could be used to make explosives and also a back pack
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 09, 2013, 09:48:44 pm »

Scapheap.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 19, 2013, 04:17:34 am »

Go around and through the front door
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~The World is a Ghetto~ (Chapter 28: Free Falling)
« Reply #554 on: December 23, 2013, 03:03:47 am »

Chapter 28: Free Falling

~Day 1~
August 8th, 2015
1:59:04 P.M.

Kyle pockets the hammer and as an after thought grabs the clippers before seeing if he can get into the house.
Go around and through the front door

Kyle shoves the Claw Hammer into his pockets, and snags a spare Hedge Trimmer hanging off the wall by a hook. Kyle gives the trimmer a test clipping motion, and finds that it seems to still work fine. He goes to find a way into the house, when he sees Clair simply walk through the open front door. Both of them enter the house to find Omeen and Trish scavenging for supplies, Jarrod playing on the piano, and some of the others get ready to descend into the basement.

Play another quick little tune. Follow Omeen and Layla in their search for supplies, and see Layla would like the lipstick I picked up.

Jarrod decides to test his handy-work as he churns out another classic song.

[Piano Roll: 3]

He plays the song, but at points he does slip up. Perhaps he's forgetting some of the chord transitions, it's been an awfully long time since he's seen sheet music.

search the house for anything which could be used to make explosives and also a back pack

Wulf looks around for explosive materials as well as a back-pack. His search turns out to be fruitless, as it looks like this floor has been picked clean. Perhaps there are more suitable objects upstairs.

"Shure, this garage can wait abit."
To the basement, and bring that barrow.
"I'll be right down!"
Grab the fine china, fancy plates are better than no plates, then head down with the others.

Charles brings his Wheelbarrow over to the top of the Basement staircase, accompanying both Terrel and Ben, who had just opened the cabinet and stuffed his bag carefully with a Full Set of Fine China Plates. "Alright, let's go." Terrel, as the one with the flashlight, leads the way. Their feet, and the tire of the wheelbarrow, cause the old wooden staircase to creak as they carefully make their way down. Terrel remarks, "I still can't see shit, but at least it's cold down here. Hey, you guys want to-"

[Charles Agility: 5]
[Ben Agility: 1-1]
[Terrel Agility: 6]

Half-way down the staircase, the wooden structure suddenly gives and separates in two, sending all three men falling. Charles is able to take the brunt of the fall on his legs and thighs, and besides being a bit startled, is otherwise fine. Terrel lands perfectly, his eyes wide and his body tense. His breath gets considerably louder.

Terrel's mood has shifted to Alert!

Ben on the other hand didn't react until it was too late. His set of China and bag hit the ground hard, shattering all its contents, and his Fire Axe skids away across the ground, but those was the least of his worries. Ben fell onto the unforgiving cold basement floor head first. He goes Unconscious immediately, and begins bleeding profusely from a forehead wound. Terrel swings his flashlight around, first on Ben, and then runs towards the fallen fireman's body, but then pivots to face the other side of the room. Dark figures, growling, become revealed in the light, at least four of them shambling towards the humans. Terrel runs for where the staircase once stood, but it's bottom-half has collapsed into a pile of wooden rubble. He jumps for the upper portion, unable to reach it. "HELP! THEY'RE IN THE FUCKING BASEMENT!"

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Clair Lord (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Charles (Aseaheru) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ben Ross (anailater) (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42