Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 42

Author Topic: ~The World is a Ghetto~ (New Game is Up!)  (Read 59951 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: ~The World is a Ghetto~ (Chapter 26: Reptile)
« Reply #525 on: November 27, 2013, 09:25:11 am »

Charles returns to the shed, looking arround. After a bit he grabs a pair of gloves, the rope and the wheelbarrow, then heads to the garage.
"This otta help us a bit with carrying whatever we get out of the place." He remarks as he walks.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 27, 2013, 11:35:59 am »

"Heh. You know, I was quite a pianist back in my day."

Go over and begin playing this.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 27, 2013, 03:18:04 pm »

"Everyone we only have five minutes to search, I don't want to stay in enclosed spaces any longer than that.
Look for chargers for my phone, and possibly speakers, also look for any food.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 27, 2013, 03:22:22 pm »

"Everyone we only have five minutes to search, I don't want to stay in enclosed spaces any longer than that.
Look for chargers for my phone, and possibly speakers, also look for any food.

Terrell picks this up. "Why only five minutes? This is a nice house, there might be all sorts of good stuff lyin' around. We could even stay here for a while, set up camp for a while. What if we don't run into some sort of shelter by night time?"

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 28, 2013, 12:20:54 am »

Shed:
Lawnmower (Empty)
2 Hedge Trimmers
Spade
2 1/2 Cans Red Paint
Wheelbarrow
6 Folding Chairs
Can Bug Repellent
Can Roach Spray
Can Wasp Spray
Box Rat Poison
Box Weed Killer
Claw Hammer
Football
Air Pump
3 Pairs Gardening Gloves
Partial Length of Rope
Garden Sprinkler
Step Ladder
Dartboard with Darts
Horseshoe with Stake
The sheer diversity of realistic objects makes me believe that you must have actually gone out to a shed and tallied up every object in it you could find.
Because this is amazing to me.
Also, why do you need 2 hedge clippers? Did they buy one, forget they had it/lost it, then buy a new one?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 28, 2013, 12:52:15 am »

The sheer diversity of realistic objects makes me believe that you must have actually gone out to a shed and tallied up every object in it you could find.
Also, why do you need 2 hedge clippers? Did they buy one, forget they had it/lost it, then buy a new one?

The list is partially based off of what I have in my shed, and what I imagine people would keep in their shed. I'm going for the most realistic list of items you'd find in a room for this game, so intermixed with the 'good' items you'll find a lot of 'junk' and 'miscellaneous' objects. Besides realism, I also list them because I believe that the people on this form tend to be very creative in creating all sorts of stuff that I'd never imagine, (I mean, this Forum is for Dwarf Fortress and such after all) so I figure that somethings I see as useless crap could turn out to be a useful tool or mechanism that I'd never have thought of.

My reasoning for two hedge clippers is that they have a large yard, and the group of people living in this house had two people work on trimming simultaneously for more efficiency. It's that type of 'organic world' that I've created up for this game. Everything is based on realism as accurately as possible while still be interesting and fun, and everything in the world is always in motion. This isn't a static dungeon where every floor just waits for the protagonists would arrive. I've set up the background for everything that's happened, and know where everything is happening. I could tell you the status of the outbreak in Popayan, Columbia, or some village in Western Mongolia. In fact, I know the exact location and street the characters are at in real life. Of course, I can't say what street for meta-roleplaying purposes, unless they happen to find a map or something. And not everything is exactly placed out, one for practicality (as the house that the players are investigating right now doesn't actually exist), and two because I think it would be creepy and shady to describe the characters entering an actual random private home or store in real life and provide the layout and all items inside. But all the major landmarks of the world are present. The Golf Course mentioned at the very beginning of the game is an actual golf course.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 28, 2013, 12:56:23 am »

...That's incredible.
The Derail Thread

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 28, 2013, 01:01:08 am »

...That's incredible.

If you say so. Personally, I think it makes it easier, as I have the most detailed game world pre-rendered for me. :P

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 28, 2013, 01:01:28 am »

The shed is rather poorly stocked if the want to repair things. I mean, not even any duct tape! Of course my dad was a carpenter and an electrician so he has stupid amounts of useful shit in the shed.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 28, 2013, 01:05:56 am »

The shed is rather poorly stocked if the want to repair things. I mean, not even any duct tape! Of course my dad was a carpenter and an electrician so he has stupid amounts of useful shit in the shed.

Perhaps the repairing stuff isn't in the shed, and they mainly keep purely 'outdoors/backyard' items in there. Also, as Jarrod has found out, the people living here apparently did not leave any essential items behind.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 28, 2013, 01:07:56 am »

Yeah, I can get that. Not everyone has two by fours just in case I suppose.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 28, 2013, 02:27:18 am »

"We had to rip the door off it's hinges, all the walls are close together and we don't know if there are any zombies in here."
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 28, 2013, 02:59:07 am »

Shed:
Lawnmower (Empty)
2 Hedge Trimmers
Spade
2 1/2 Cans Red Paint
Wheelbarrow
6 Folding Chairs
Can Bug Repellent
Can Roach Spray
Can Wasp Spray
Box Rat Poison
Box Weed Killer
Claw Hammer
Football
Air Pump
3 Pairs Gardening Gloves
Partial Length of Rope
Garden Sprinkler
Step Ladder
Dartboard with Darts
Horseshoe with Stake
You appear to have some weak-ass sheds. We manage to keep a few life jackets, two bikes, a wheelbarrows, two entire plastic closets full of random junk, a set of drawers full of sports equipment, TWO KAYAKS, and an all of our lawn and other care tools stored between that one and the side shed.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 28, 2013, 03:05:36 am »

Not a lot of call for kayaks in most places in the south. Water is to shallow unless you're in some very specific places.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 28, 2013, 03:08:53 am »

You appear to have some weak-ass sheds. We manage to keep a few life jackets, two bikes, a wheelbarrows, two entire plastic closets full of random junk, a set of drawers full of sports equipment, TWO KAYAKS, and an all of our lawn and other care tools stored between that one and the side shed.
AT LEAST YOU HAVE A SHED
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 42