Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42

Author Topic: ~The World is a Ghetto~ (New Game is Up!)  (Read 60067 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: ~The World is a Ghetto~ (Chapter 21: Glass)
« Reply #420 on: September 05, 2013, 01:41:42 am »

dive into a firing position in the direction of the sound and ready the weapon for precision shots.

Take into account wind and range
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 05, 2013, 02:33:13 am »

"Damn it."
Ready my axe, approach carefully and stealthily.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 05, 2013, 02:34:06 am »

Pull out my taser
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 07, 2013, 11:49:36 am »

Mr. Rand.

Accepted.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 07, 2013, 04:01:07 pm »

This time, it's actually something beyond my control. If you're dropping me, that's cool, I can understand it. Otherwise:

Pick up next throwable object. Get closer to the rest of the group.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 07, 2013, 04:07:32 pm »

This time, it's actually something beyond my control. If you're dropping me, that's cool, I can understand it. Otherwise:

I'm not dropping you, just added someone else to the waitlist. If something is coming up right now I can do what I did for anailater and put your character on standby mode under my control.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 09, 2013, 12:39:05 pm »

No, I just failed my Reading Comprehension check. I'm free for the next time.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 09, 2013, 09:35:47 pm »

Fresh turn coming in hot, soon!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 10, 2013, 02:35:49 pm »

Woo!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~The World is a Ghetto~ (Chapter 22: Forest Skirmish)
« Reply #429 on: September 10, 2013, 08:16:20 pm »

Chapter 22: Forest Skirmish

~Day 1~
August 8th, 2015
1:11:55 P.M.

"I'd love to tell you all about how I am a writer but it would seem someone or something is around."
Investigate the noise with my gun at the ready.
"Jeaze, what the fuck was that? Who would even go and break glass these days? too useful intact..."
Look around anxiously, re-bar in one hand, small rock ready to throw in the other.
Be near the center of the group, seeing as I lack a weapon. Oh well.
dive into a firing position in the direction of the sound and ready the weapon for precision shots.

Take into account wind and range

"Damn it."
Ready my axe, approach carefully and stealthily.
Pull out my taser
Pick up next throwable object. Get closer to the rest of the group.

Everyone rushes in different directions. All sorts of weapons are drawn. While the weaponless Jarrod hides in the center of the group, Mr. Rand looks to the ground for a weapon. Hopefully there is something feasibly useful nearby.

[Mr. Rand Luck: 2-1]
[Mr. Rand Dexterity: 4+1]

Mr. Rand goes for a large stick nearby, but takes a blundering stumble when he bends over to pick it up. Thankfully, he manages to recover quickly without taking a bad spill.

Charles and Clair get pull out their armament, while Ben and Kyle both move forward to investigate the crashing noise, making it about twenty-five yards away or so from the rest of the gang. Wulf gets into a kneeling position, pointing his gun towards the area of noise. Ben and Kyle move forward to spot the patch of grass containing fragments of glass. Upon closer inspection, it looked to be some sort of bottle that was thrown....

[??? Perception: 5]
[Kyle Agility: 1]
[Kyle Constitution: 4]

[??? Perception: 6]
[Ben Agility: 3]
[Ben Constitution: 2]

There is a single loud popping noise from a bit farther in, from one of the many trees. Kyle feels an impact like someone had given him a stiff jab to the gut. His feet are forced to move back as a result of the impact, though he does manage to hold onto his shotgun.

From the same distance in the woods, though from a different angle, Ben also suffers an attack. Before he can move out of the way, something shatters against his right shoulder, additional yellow-ish glass fragments fly off of him, some cutting into his flesh. The attack is hard enough to throw Ben onto his back, his axe getting dropped on the ground during the process.

[??? Agility: 3]
[Wulf Perception: 6]
[??? Agility: 2]
[??? Constitution: 1]

Wulf realizes that something is going on and looks for a target. During his aiming, he notices movement in the bushes nearby from the corner of his eye. A man with sunglasses, a t-shirt and cargo pants bursts from the shrubbery, wielding a lead pipe in his hands. The instant he pops out, Wulf has pivoted on one knee towards him, while pointing his rifle at the center of the man, and fires. There is another pop, though this one more powerful than the one that occurred seconds before. The muzzle of the rifle flashes and the gun jerks slightly as the man goes flying back into the shrubs.

[??? Agility: 4]
[Omeen Perception: 2]
[Trish Perception: 4]
[Layla Perception: 5]
[??? Agility: 6]

The 14th Community rushes up to properly join in position with their allies, only for another man in a scraggly beard to ambush them from the vegetation, similarly to what happened in Wulf's situation. He runs at them with a large blade in his hand, but not before Trish and Layla can both draw their pistols on him. He's quick to react though, and makes a dive behind a tree as two bullets fly past him. Omeen grinds to a halt in his run too late to fire shots, his only reaction in the time being to be, "Shit! Bandits!"

Spoiler: Clair Lord (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mr. Rand (Errol) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Charles (Aseaheru) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ben Ross (anailater) (click to show/hide)

And so, the first fight with other humans begins.

If any of you were wondering how the bandits were able to sneak up on both groups like that, I'd like to note that I roll for every sentient organism (and zombie) that takes action in the game. The bandit each achieved great stealth rolls.

Character Sheets will update with each Injury and list any effects (if they are present).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:19:41 pm by TCM »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 10, 2013, 08:26:29 pm »

...What? I think I missed something because I don't seem to recall a decent zombie attack yet.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 10, 2013, 08:49:20 pm »

...What? I think I missed something because I don't seem to recall a decent zombie attack yet.

Not a true one yet. There was one zombie in the projects, though it didn't put up a good fight. Because the group is mobile, it makes them less susceptible to full on horde attacks. Things change if a base is determined, at which point humans become less dangerous while zombies become more-so.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 10, 2013, 08:54:24 pm »

Well, we had three encounters with them so far...

Ah well.

"Crap! Kyle's hit!"Charles dives for what ever cover he can find near Kyle, trying to be small and yet still be able to beat them if they go too close, along with trying to help out Kyle. But they probably wont have to get close....
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 10, 2013, 09:23:14 pm »

Get in cover. Try and stop the bleeding.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 10, 2013, 09:44:48 pm »

Get into cover with Kyle, and stop the bleeding with use of the FIRST AID KIT.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42