Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42

Author Topic: ~The World is a Ghetto~ (New Game is Up!)  (Read 60001 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: ~The World is a Ghetto~ (Realistic Zombie Catastrophe RTD)
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2013, 04:46:31 pm »

Waitlist. Sheet up when I get back from my grandparents' house.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2013, 04:53:44 pm »

If I die, I'm totally rejoining the Waitlist as some teenager who's only clothing for most of the story is some kind of Cosplay.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2013, 05:12:37 pm »

If I die, I'm totally rejoining the Waitlist as some teenager who's only clothing for most of the story is some kind of Cosplay.

Name: Taylor "Hiirigami Desu-Desu-San" Smith
Attributes:
Strength: +
Perception: ++
Agility: +++
Endurance: ++
Stealth: -----------------------
Dexterity: +++
Constitution: ++
Will: +
Intelligence: +
Charisma: +++++
Luck: +++
Skills:
Costume Making - 4
Japanese - 2
Sexy Poses - 2

Equipment: Hand-made Japanese Schoolgirl Outfit, 2 Kunais, VA Autograph Book

Biography: "OMFG, WHERE THE FUCK IS ANIME-CON 2015? CLARISSA, ANSWER YOUR FUCKING PHONE. BITCH. I LOVE YOU. <3 OH LOOK, THOSE PEOPLE HAVE REALLY GOOD H.O.A.T. COSPLAYS! HEY GUYS!"

Physical Health: Normal
Mental Health: Normal

Dark Secret: Owns mountains of Yaoi Manga. Oh wait, it has to be a secret?....uh....
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2013, 05:15:49 pm »

So, that's what each of our profiles will look like in essence?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~The World is a Ghetto~ (Chapter 1: House of the Rising Sun)
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2013, 05:52:52 pm »

Chapter 1: House of the Rising Sun

~Day 1~
August 8th: 2015
6:30 A.M.

The sun wakes up over the backs of six human beings transversing the Georgian countryside. They had all come from different backgrounds, and all happened to be in North Florida, or South/East Georgia when the first dead started to rise. The group had converged about two weeks after the initial outbreak, a random arrangement of strangers that decided to up the chances of their survival by sticking together. Each came with their own unique set of skills and equipment.

Clair Lord spent years a hardened Bouncer, and has basically made Grappling an art, a skill which she used to subdue and toss out unruly drunks. Always on the lookout for shady figures and having a nose for illegal substances, Clair has developed a knack for Tracking individuals around the club. Additionally, due to her girth and scary looks while at work, her presence makes her an Intimidating force.
Her equipment consists of a fresh Taser that she had bought for work, as well as a pair of black Sunglasses.

Mr. Rand was an accomplished mathematician, stuffing countless formulas and shortcuts into his head, giving him a semi-photographic Memory. This may seem rather underwhelming, until you realize the potential to memorize codes at a glance or another person's face. As a gardener, Rand possess the knowledge of Botany. Finally, Rand's prolific consumption of literature has made him a Speed Reader, able to read and absorb the contents of text faster than most people.
His equipment consists of a Wristwatch, vital to the group as it's their only means of telling precise time. He also has The Complete Tales of The Bard in his hands, a fancy collector's copy valued at over three-hundred dollars.

Jarrod Hilton is the group's token doctor. (Because what kind of survival group doesn't have a doctor?) Obviously, he is a professional at Medical Treatment. Jarrod had to prescribe many drugs to his patients, which eventually gave him the ability to Craft Drugs in addition to being able to administer them. Sometimes he'd ride behind the E.R.'s Ambulance on the way to a patient's house to make sure they didn't die instantly, so he's also a decent Car Driver.
His equipment consists of a full First Aid Kit and a full Bottle of Penicillin.

Charles was a computer wiz at his school, so it comes as no surprise that he can easily Build Electronics, provided he has the right parts and tools. Also, his understanding of hackers and their methods has given him knowledge of Hacking. Due to his military hobbies, he actually would be one of the few civilians able to use WW2-Era Weaponry.
Charles is still carrying around his Laptop in an over-the-shoulder Sling Pack. It's fully charged and go do anything, except any actions that require some form of online connection...

Kyle Johnson was a Floridian writer that had ended up in Georgia from Alabama. Long story. As a writer, Kyle is a great Storyteller.
How useful is that? Not very much right now, but when everyone starts going mad from boredom...Kyle has read in multiple languages too, and has become fluent in the Spanish, French and German Languages (that's one skill). Taking care of his family from outside forces in the Alabamian countryside has consequently led Kyle to become a good shot with Long Guns (Shotguns & Rifles).
Before he ran from the zombie horde he managed to snag his Double-Barreled Shotgun from his house. The only ammunition he has for it are the two slugs already inside of it, but it's better than nothing. He also has a Ballpoint Pen.

Ben Ross was a fireman from his hometown, giving him a local reputation of heroism. Being a Firefighter, you he happens to be good at Firefighting. He has also been trained in Emergency Health. (The difference between this skill and Jarrod's Medical Treatment skill is that this one specializes in emergency situations.) With his job involving the frequent dismantling of rubble, he has a good grip on Axes.
Ben brings his Firefighter Gear Bag along. This bag is extremely crucial to the group, as it is the current storage place of all the food and water of the group, and keeps the supplies pretty cool. He also has his Fire Axe.

The group is currently on a small road, the only thing that had been of any interest in the last days of journey were occasional husks of ruined cars along the shoulders of the path, sometimes containing food or water. A few miles back they had passed a sign that read 'Americus', apparently some small town between Macon and Albany. At their current position, the party has fields to either sides of them. To the left a field of corn, and to the right, one of wheat. The crops seemed to be still be alive despite the situation. About a mile or so down the road the fields ended, and the group could barely see what was beyond each. The left field ended into an area containing a large cluster of trees. To the right, the wheat fields turned into rolling hills, which seemed completely out of place in this flat environment.

The beginning of their true journey begins in between these fields. Where this story goes is only known to the rising sun...

Spoiler: Clair Lord (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mr. Rand (Errol) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Charles (Aseaheru) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ben Ross (anailater) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 12:39:27 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2013, 06:01:23 pm »

Kyle looks around and then turns back to the road they where going down.
"We should probably head to the town and claim someplace near the outskirts."

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2013, 06:09:25 pm »

((FUCK YEAH! Also, Yay, Macon, the only town in Georgia besides Atlanta that I actually know!))

"Sure. I mean, it's not like we have anywhere else we can go, unless we want to risk it in the fields."

He keeps walking.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2013, 06:12:42 pm »

"We should also check cars that don't have bodies in them for supplies. At the vary least we'll find something of use."
As he says this Kyle begins to look for cars that match that description, opening doors when they do.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 06:39:07 pm by kj1225 »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2013, 06:20:40 pm »

"You're right, but there's probably more in the town than we can find in just cars. I'll help, but we should get to the town quickly before it's overrun."

He stops, helping check cars with Kyle.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 06:43:34 pm by Greenstarfanatic »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2013, 06:33:11 pm »

Forgot to include this in the rules, since I was focusing on in-game ruled:

Actions are bolded. This is to differentiate dialogue from action.

((Out of Character questions and statements should be in double parenthesis.))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2013, 06:40:42 pm »

"Did you guys ever expect anything like this to happen, I mean its a zombie apocalypse, a god damn zombie apocalypse?"
Continue walking down the road, look for any long sturdy planks or logs that I can fit in my bag.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2013, 06:45:02 pm »

"Boy, I work with viruses, and I can tell you you with all certainty that we've suspected something like this to be possible for years. We just never thought it would happen so soon."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2013, 06:45:50 pm »

"Not in my lifetime. I expected an end of the world scenario, but not this and definitely not in my lifetime."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2013, 07:16:49 pm »

"So whats the plan? are we going to just keep moving or set up a camp somewhere?"
Look around, remembering to check that my laptop is off. also find a fist sized rock.

((no map yet? or are we never getting one?))
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2013, 07:41:36 pm »

((no map yet? or are we never getting one?))

Maps will be used for specific locations, like the interior of a house or building.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42