Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarves Constantly Puking?  (Read 1702 times)

Lawlcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves Constantly Puking?
« on: June 14, 2013, 10:46:47 am »

What's a good way to resolve dwarves constantly puking? My military dwarves tangled with a forgotten beast and ever since then, their combat log (and barracks) is just full of vomit.

I've used clean map, clean all, clean units, clean items in DFHack... it gets rid of the green and I can't find any spatterings on any items the dwarves own

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves Constantly Puking?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 10:55:28 am »

What's a good way to resolve dwarves constantly puking? My military dwarves tangled with a forgotten beast and ever since then, their combat log (and barracks) is just full of vomit.

I've used clean map, clean all, clean units, clean items in DFHack... it gets rid of the green and I can't find any spatterings on any items the dwarves own

Maybe the forgotten beast handed out a "vomit forever" syndrome?  You can remove all syndromes from a dwarf by pasting this into the lua interpreter:

dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit().syndromes.active = {}

Run when you have a unit selected, of course.  I don't have access to DF where I am right now, so that might be slightly wrong... if so, maybe someone else will correct me, or you can post the error here and I'll realize my mistake.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Lawlcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 11:17:48 am »

That did the trick... appreciate it :)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 12:10:22 pm »

Sorry, but I'm sitting here just laughing:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 01:01:55 pm »

You should at least have tested their combat efficiency. I mean, you could have a troop of crazy dwarves maiming goblins while hurling all over the battlefield. The goblins would be like, "what kind of fucking invasion have we signed up for here?"
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 04:00:11 pm »

They'd be rubbish in a fight.

I have a dwarf necromancer adventurer who has a "vomit forever" syndrome after getting caught in putrid filth rain. He can't die of dehydration because he is immortal, but every time he retches or vomits, his speed halves, so in combat enemies get a few free hits.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 07:59:14 pm »

This is the main problem. Being Nauseous applies negative combat rolls from what I remember. Similarly to how pain/extreme pain used to make you useless at hitting things (and still does to a degree).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 01:32:10 pm »

Is this vomit infectious, can it be spread to other humanoids?

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 01:40:42 pm »

Nope - only the original FB (or its blood, if that was the source) can spread the syndrome.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 04:14:36 pm »

Nope - only the original FB (or its blood, if that was the source) can spread the syndrome.
Can you cover your Dwarves in the syndrome so that they vomit vomit laced with syndrome?

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 05:46:33 pm »

Can you cover your Dwarves in the syndrome so that they vomit vomit laced with syndrome?

Not sure whether this would work, but even if it did, it would be really hard to keep your dwarves covered in the stuff - they'd keep trying to clean themselves.  Also, they wouldn't exactly vomit on the enemies - they'd vomit on the ground, and then if the enemies were shoeless, they might catch the syndrome.  Also, that assumes the syndrome was bloodborne to begin with, and that you're able to get it covering your dwarves.  Then they'd be tracking it everywhere, infecting your other dwarves...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 06:02:44 pm »

Solution: Mod vomit for all the sentient & sapient species in the raws to induce vomiting.

All is calm in the world until one Dwarf steps into the sun.

Then it begins.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 06:42:46 pm »

Solution: Mod vomit for all the sentient & sapient species in the raws to induce vomiting.

Then it begins.

Shoes are still an effective defense.  :P

Now, maybe if the vomit boiled instantly and the smell induced eternal vomiting...

Flarp

• Bay Watcher
  • and tearing apart the self-esteem!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 09:30:32 pm »

Then it begins.

Shoes are still an effective defense.  :P

Now, maybe if the vomit boiled instantly and the smell induced eternal vomiting...

I feel like, at this point, you're less inducing an airborne contagion and more creating a race of super-soldiers with a vomit breath attack.

That said, I'm all for it.
He views any show of emotion as offensive, sees introspection as important, values self-control, and strongly believes that a peaceful and ordered society without dissent would be best. He believes that mastery of a skill is one of the highest pursuits, values nature, and finds romance distasteful. He holds well-laid plans and shrewd deceptions in the highest regard.

Corambis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 09:15:09 pm »

Then it begins.

Barfegeddon
Pages: [1] 2