Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Magical Burst: A New Era - Game Thread  (Read 10562 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Burst: A New Era - Game Thread
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2013, 10:14:58 pm »

Retcon that to a Grand Barrage, with a greater understanding of the rules under my belt. Don't retcon it, with a slight misunderstanding corrected.

Take the Overcharge.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:33:17 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2013, 10:37:30 pm »

The two powers clash, slamming into each other and rebounding on their users!

Youma: 6+2=8

Gretchen: 3+4=7 ((... son of a BITCH am I tempted to fudge that.))

Gretchen is hurled backward, singed and burned, but mostly alive, if drained.

The Youma, on the other hand, seems to be on its last legs, alive, but it seems like it's about ready to keel over at any moment.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2013, 10:42:26 pm »

"Ow...?"
Gretchen knew that really should hurt. But nothing did, not really. She saw bugs crawling out of cuts in her skin, putting it back together, fixing the burns.
"What did I get into?"

Grimly, she stood up and faced her foe. It looked like it was ready to fall over. She raised her hand to the keyboard, looked the creature in the eye, tapped an icon, and pointed at the creature.
Suddenly, a sort of mist rose around the creature. Gnats, but with scorpion tails and four wings. They rose over the creature and stung it repeatedly.

Attack.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2013, 03:07:32 am »

[3+7, 9+3 (FAIL) Claire and Lyudmila, if they're still watching, find themselves unable to contain the contents of their stomach under the onslaught of disturbing imagery coming from Gretchen.]
((Clair go find a mop))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2013, 08:54:37 am »

[3+7, 9+3 (FAIL) Claire and Lyudmila, if they're still watching, find themselves unable to contain the contents of their stomach under the onslaught of disturbing imagery coming from Gretchen.]
((Clair go find a mop))
((I have a feeling this is going to be happening a fair amount...))
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2013, 09:59:04 am »

As Lyuda finally succumbs to the ever-increasing barrage of body horror on the bug-girl's part, she loses her lunch all over the floor.

Damn it. She thought she was tougher than this. And it looks like bug-girl is taking a serious beating presently. All in all, stuff's not looking good, though it could be worse. With that in mind, Lyuda decides to put some distance between her and the happenings of the room, moving to one of the doors leading deeper within the school, ready to try and run should the worst come to worst.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2013, 05:39:05 pm »

At this point, the creature's rage turns to panic, scrambling to try to protect itself, batting at the creatures around it while attempting to discern some weakness in her ability.

Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)

[6+1+7=14(PASS, +1 to defense checks for the rest of the scene)]

Gretchen's attack [2+1+6=9 (FAIL)] {Moar overcharge, or wait a turn and try again?}
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2013, 01:14:52 am »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

As the two girls flee, they find the world around them slowing down, including each other, until each is frozen in their own parallel stream of time, unable to touch the other.

Lyudmila:

The world around you fades to black, and you see what appears to be a tiny fae creature, a humanoid with small gossamer wings, attempting and failing to hold up some sort of lantern. it manages it, but only barely. "H-Hello! Y-you're in huge danger! That Youma might be weak, but there are others nearby, and they might smell its stench on you..."

Claire:

The world around you fades to white, and what appears to be a faceless, incredibly tall man in a business suit appears before you.

<GREETINGS. I HAVE BEEN CALLED BY MY COMRADE IN ORDER TO AID YOU AND OFFER YOU A CONTRACT OF POWER IN ORDER TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST THE CREATURE ASSAILING YOU. WILL YOU ACCEPT?>

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2013, 03:01:18 am »

(Hi Slender)

Clair look back, not at anything, but to think. Something she didn't know was offering power she could use. She was wary, but her helpful side won.

"I accept."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2013, 03:50:22 am »

"Oh... um... I am dangered?" Lyuda asks, switching to English, as that what the fairy's speech sounds like to her. She then silently thinks about the fact that she's talking to a fairy. Whatever rules reality used to have, they no longer apply, clearly.

There is, of course, the question of what to do in this case. Throwing away logic for a moment, since somebody seems to have pulled her out of time to chat with her, there are two possible things this can mean. Wait, three. First, it can mean that somebody wants to give her something useful. Second, it can mean that somebody wants to inflict something worse on her. Third, it can mean both at once. Regardless, this is the first time something like this has talked to her. Would be silly to throw such an opportunity away, would it not?

"Can you... um... help? Give help, so I don't died?" she asks, hoping to God that this is how it works. Otherwise, she might be in trouble.

Speak to the fairy.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2013, 04:17:47 am »

Lyuda:

"o-Oh, right! I was supposed to... U-um..."

The Fae switches languages to flawless Russian.

"Is this better? Yes, Yes I can do that!

Just a moment... U-um... how does this work..."

Claire:

<GOOD. WE WILL COMMENCE SHORTLY. THE OTHER IS PREFORMING HER DUTIES. WHEN SHE IS FINISHED, WE WILL DEPART.>

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2013, 04:54:23 am »

Oh, thank goodness. Lyuda feared this was going to get awkward.

"<I'm very glad you're a poliglot. Or is it an omniglot? Eh, doesn't matter. In any case, why am I here? Are you going to give me something useful?>"

Ask quickly.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2013, 08:16:03 am »

Sorry, I didn't notice the new turn.

More Overcharge!
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2013, 12:40:16 pm »

((And with that, your roll ticks up to a 12, and your Magic Overcharge to an 8. Upside? You're not going to be hideously mutated anymore. Downside, you're going to explode a portion of the school the size of a small house. Ain't Magic Overcharge Fun? As well, not even gonna roll for damage. He has 1 Resolve left. You'll do damage. Therefore...))

The bugs slam into the Youma full-force, chittering and screeing. Within moments, the creature begins to scream, the most horrible, agonized, painful screams you have ever heard, as it's consumed, consumed by the insects that had been set upon it. The cries reach Claire and Lyuda, too. Both the spirits before them freeze a moment. The fae's eyes go wide, a look of fear on her face, and the strange faceless man simply tilts his head. But both have the same advice.

"We shall talk later.

Your friend has won.

You should run. Run as fast as you can in the other direction.

NOW."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2013, 12:46:06 pm »

"Which direction? Don't want to be running toward it."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14