Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Magical Burst: A New Era - Game Thread  (Read 10557 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Burst: A New Era - Game Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2013, 09:35:12 pm »

The insects suddenly flare with a corona of multicolored light not unlike that which had surrounded Gretchen just a few moments before as they home in on the creature! Their long, slender bodies slam into its chest section and [1d6+3=5] plow right on through, tearing a rather nasty-looking hole in the substance of the creature, though before Gretchen's eyes it closes up again.

It lets out another roar, this time in pain, the contours of its body shifting and hardening.

ROUND 2:
A: Magic/7
D: Heart/8
S: Fury/4
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2013, 10:12:48 pm »

"That...did not do as well as expected."

Gretchen tweaked the settings on her blast and activated it again. This time, out of her hand came a properly-aimed beetle, flying at the thing and preparing to explode.

Since attacking did nothing visible, attack again!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2013, 07:27:03 pm »

The beast rushes forward, one of its claws lengthening, enlarging and becoming a multicolored claw as it swipes at Gretchen, [5+7=12 (SUCCESS!)] its claws raking toward her form! [Choose Defense and whether to apply Overcharge]

Simultaneously, Gretchen lets loose with another blast of insects, the creatures [8+6=14 (SUCCESS!!)] Plowing right toward the creature!

It attempts to raise its other claw to block them... [7+8=15 (SUCCESS!!)] and manages to barely knock the creatures to the side!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:28:49 pm by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2013, 07:28:10 pm »

Let's go with a Heart defense.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2013, 07:31:40 pm »

Let's go with a Heart defense.

((... First of all, if you want to reassign your stats, you have to do it at the start of your turn.

Second of all, you do know that you have to beat his attack roll to actually parry him, right? You've barely got over a 50% chance of it with your Heart score.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2013, 07:34:17 pm »

((No, that was more me forgetting how I did this.

...Um...where was that doc?))
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2013, 07:34:58 pm »

(Last page of the OOC thread, link's in the OP.)

(That assumes 50 POSTS PER PAGE MASTER RACE, however. I'd recommend bookmarking it or something, Here.)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:37:00 pm by ragnarok97071 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2013, 07:35:22 pm »

(Last page of the OOC thread, link's in the OP.)
((Just found it, but thanks.))

Clash.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:37:25 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2013, 08:05:07 pm »

As the creature bats her projectiles away, Gretchen rushes forward, attempting to slam the creature with her laptop!

[10+6=16]

She easily breaks through the attack, slamming her improvised weapon against the creature!

[4+3=7]

This time, the attack send the creature reeling back, a keening sound escaping it!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2013, 08:07:12 pm »

TURN 3: 3 TURNS REMAIN
Recovering from its shock, the creature rushes forward in a frenzy!

Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)

It launches itself at Gretchen once more, claws lashing at the air, cutting at the air around her... [4+4=8 (FAIL)] But in its fury, it becomes ungainly, and not a single one of its blows even get close to cutting Gretchen!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:10:10 pm by ragnarok97071 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2013, 08:17:45 pm »

Gretchen was running out of time and room. She struck the beast with her laptop, hoping it would die before it killed her.

Attack!
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2013, 08:24:58 pm »

Gretchen was running out of time and room. She struck the beast with her laptop, hoping it would die before it killed her.

Attack!

((Actually, when the 3 turns are up you get backup. But if you manage to do 18 points of damage before then, I guess you get another gold star? :P Also, do try to be more descriptive with your attacks and stuff? Otherwise you're just gonna keep on hitting it with your laptop.))

Gretchen chases after the creature, shouting out an answering battle-cry as she swings at it with her laptop once more!

[9+6=15 (SUCCESS!)] [Defense 8+7+3(pp)=18 (SUCCESS!)

But once more, the creature bats aside her attack!

TURN 4: 2 TURNS REMAIN

(Abilities Unchanged)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2013, 08:30:06 pm »

((I'm trying, but there's only so many ways Gretchen can attack with a laptop.))

Next, she decided to try something different: Sort of a chopping motion, with her forearm almost like a big axe that has the laptop as the blade. She aimed for...something that looked vital?

Attack.
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2013, 08:32:39 pm »

((I'm trying, but there's only so many ways Gretchen can attack with a laptop.))

Next, she decided to try something different: Sort of a chopping motion, with her forearm almost like a big axe that has the laptop as the blade. She aimed for...something that looked vital?

Attack.

[[Anything to do with bugs. or parts of bugs. Grow a stinger and stab him in the face or something :p Just as workable as anything else.]]

The pair leap together once more, their weapons flashing!

[8+4+3=15 (SUCCESS!)]
[2+6=8 (FAIL)]

The Youma's attack once more seems to head straight for Gretchen's form, while hers goes horribly awry!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:35:26 pm by ragnarok97071 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2013, 08:34:16 pm »

((I'll stick with striking the thing with the edge for now.))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14