Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New Release - MDF V.3b - Kobolds, Stockpiling System, Dfhack scripts.  (Read 8819 times)

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
Re: New Release - MDF V.3b - Kobolds, Stockpiling System, Dfhack scripts.
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 07:20:35 pm »

evil drow is unplayable on my end as well

Oliver The Medusaborn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 08:55:43 pm »

Trial and error on my end as well. Not sure if it is really an issue with the evil drow or something else, but I had been using them in 3a.

glad to see that i'm not mad lol

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 10:02:24 pm »

That is odd, since I did not touch any of the entity files, nor the creatures. They were a perfect copy of the drow file, expect that smake added some reactions for trading. They shouldnt have done any bad.

Thigh-Guards... ok. ^^

Is all noted.

The active civs notification is for ALL possible civs. So even if you are playing without warlocks, or lets say the automatons died out in worldgen, you will still get the "active civ: warlock / automaton". It does not read out the generated world files, it is a hardcoded list that I added. Should help people get a feel for whats coming, since there are so many different invaders and traders in the mod.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2013, 10:08:17 pm »

So, it is giving you some Intel on just who you might see that season?

Traurignaut

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2013, 11:56:17 pm »

Meph,

I started browsing this forum to try to figure out why I am unable to generate a new world after upgrading from an earlier version of Masterwork. After reading some of the messages in this thread I paid some more attention to when and what triggered the game to crash. Right now my conclusion agrees with that above - having the "Evil Drow" option turned on, under the "Creatures" tab, causes the game to crash during civilization placement during world generation. With Evil Drow turned off, the world generation crashes occasionally (not more than what I'm used to with Dwarf Fortress vanilla or the previous Masterwork version I was using), but not nearly often enough to be too big of a deal. With Evil Drow on, I haven't successfully passed the civilization creation phase yet.

Is there any way I could help you figure out what is causing this?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 12:36:26 am »

Is there any way I could help you figure out what is causing this?

Exact steps to reproduce.  What civ are you playing as? what world gen parameters? at what point in the generation does it crash?

In my case i've been running Dwarven home civ, Deep Drow plus variable number of other civs (0-5).  Vanilla DF basic world gen standard everything, with the exception that I've been running short or very short history, since you guys have said that it crashes on placement.  Ten worlds, no crash. 

???

Has anyone noticed anything in the patch notes that would affect them?

It could be that it only crashes on Gaia, or only with Kobold Camp home civ, or only with 20 other civs on the map ... need more info to make correlations

edit.  Well, got 1 crash now :)  (Orc Fort, basic world gen, Deepdrow + 4 others)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 12:50:29 am by smakemupagus »

Traurignaut

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2013, 12:56:58 am »

Ok, so I just crashed it four times in a row.

Home civilization: Dwarf
Standard settings except short history and frequent minerals from basic world generation.
Kobolds, goblins, orcs, frost giants, automatons, humans, drow, elves, gnomes, gremlins, antmen, trogdolytes, batmen and Evil Drow are the races turned on (essentially all the masterwork races except Warlocks + Evil Drow)
Crashed about halfway through civilization placement.
Tried this again with Evil Drow turned off. Worked the first attempt.

Home civilization: Dwarf (Tried this twice, same exact result - crash in the same spot)
goblins, orcs, frost giants, automatons, humans, drow, elves, gnomes, gremlins, and Evil Drow are the races turned on.
Crashes with 37 civilizations left to place
Standard settings except short history and frequent minerals from basic world generation.
Tried same settings but with Evil Drow off. Worked on the first attempt.

Home civilization: Dwarf
only dwarves and evil drow
Crashes right at the beginning of civilization placement.
Re-tried this without evil drow selected. Worlds constantly kept getting rejected because only dwarves in civilization mode wouldnt let them place them all - maybe they compete for space or something, but no crash. I suspect it would have been ok just to accept the rejected worlds and play on it.
Tried this again with only dwarves and normal elves. This worked fine on the first attempt.

I'll edit this to add more crash/success information as I have time and if you have any suggestions of specific settings.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 01:58:23 am by Traurignaut »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2013, 01:26:58 am »

Nah, I've got no suggestions, I'm stumped.  I did a compare-files between the entity and creature for the deepdrow in 3a vs. 3b and there's basically nothing, just a change in the range for battlecries.  So if it really was something newly introduced in 3b as we seem to think so far, it's more subtle than that. 

Perhaps an item or creature they no longer have access to, or something.  Puzzled.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2013, 01:54:18 am »

Can someone who gets the crash repeatably please try the following

in the file 'entity_drow_evil.txt' find around line 88:
[WEAPON:ITEM_TOOL_CODEX_BLADEMASTER:FORCED]
(which is incorrect, a mistake on my part)

and either replace it with:
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BLADEMASTER_ARMS:FORCED]
or simply delete the line

Once I do this i get no more crashes. 
The only reason I'm not confident it's the fix is that it is strange how intermittent it was before for me.  But, please someone else try it and we'll go from there :)

Traurignaut

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2013, 02:03:53 am »

Ok, trying it right now.

Looks promising so far. I replaced the text with [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BLADEMASTER_ARMS:FORCED].
World created just fine with my previous settings and just dwarves and evil drow.

Second attempt with all masterwork races except warlocks + evil drow.
World created without crashing again.

Tried a few more attempts with various settings - including one with every race turned on. Each world generation worked fine with no problem. It seems to me that you found the source of the problem. Thanks ^^
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 02:12:31 am by Traurignaut »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2013, 02:12:39 am »

Well, good so far.  I'm off for the night, hopefully that was it! 

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2013, 06:50:59 am »

Why do warbeasts setting always turns to NO after you turn off the settings menu?

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2013, 12:21:14 pm »

removed [WEAPON:ITEM_TOOL_CODEX_BLADEMASTER:FORCED] line and everything works fine for now. i only crash df now by generating huge worlds with much stuff

SuicideRey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2013, 11:23:20 am »

Wooo, new update! This looks very promising, can't wait to try out the kobolds! Great as always, Meph!  :D
  • - Dwarves can no longer butcher and eat sapient beings. Done for balancing reasons, one invasion = lots of food.
This kills me a bit on the inside...  :-\
Edit:
Oh and

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:26:36 am by SuicideRey »

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2013, 01:04:49 pm »

Even without it I am drowning in meat, and I only had a single Hunter for about a year before just turning him off. Then again my Pekyt population was getting a little out of hand, so that's probably me issue.

I do miss the extra source of bones though, I'm planning to outfit a significant portion of my fortress in Lamellar so I have a huge stack of tough leather just waiting...
Pages: 1 [2] 3