Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Magical Burst: A Game of Desperate Magical Girls OOC/Signup Thread  (Read 13539 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Burst: A Game of Desperate Magical Girls OOC/Signup Thread
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2013, 09:50:03 pm »

GWG, you're not going to even do an active defense? You don't need to clash, you just make an opposing roll with your defense stat.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2013, 10:12:31 pm »

Oh.

I don't really understand the system yet.
...It doesn't help that the Doc didn't mention the Active Defenses thing aside from a note in the Attack thing, so I thought that that was referring to the Clashes, which I wanted to save for later.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2013, 11:47:01 pm »

... if Active Defense doesn't exist, why would Passive be so easy to overcome with comperable stats? :p

Yeah, normal attack resolution is something like this:

Attack Declared --> Roll against Passive Defense (Defense + 3) --> Active Defense Choice (block or Clash) --> Overcharge/PP expenditure (basically, up to +3, but you get fallout after the fight ends depending on just how much you accrue) --> Damage roll.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2013, 12:18:32 am »

... if Active Defense doesn't exist, why would Passive be so easy to overcome with comperable stats? :p
Because of the way the game was designed.

Some games' combat systems are designed for quick combat, others for more drawn-out combat. In the former case, easily hitting an enemy would help.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2013, 12:28:09 am »

Ah, right, Overcharge.

On any magical action, you can take a point of Overcharge to get up to three bonus dice on a roll (1 point for one, 2 for two, etc.)

if you have even a single point of Overcharge, you can't return to human form, and have to vent it. You do this by taking Fallout.

Basically, if you take Overcharge, then it means you're stressing your magic and it's going to cause weird shit to happen.

Less than three, and you lose one Overcharge per scene from a single attribute.

Above three, and you have to take Fallout, which can be anything from a ball bouncing on its own for five or ten minutes while laughing a bit (2-3 point Magic Fallout) to a massive, city-block sized explosion of doom (12-point Magic Fallout).

The most powerful also tend to fuck over your social links, and if you get an 8+ Fallout and you don't have any social links left...

Well. >:D

You also have to assign it to one of your magic attributes, so need to do that before I post the response.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2013, 09:41:05 pm »

Wyrm, need your post.

On a somewhat related note, I'm considering changing over to a regular weekly meeting on Roll20, for combat phases.

What's everyone's opinions on this?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2013, 09:44:03 pm »

I'm fine with it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2013, 10:05:52 pm »

Wyrm, need your post.
Oh. I wasn't sure...I suppose that the fact that there's nothing else going on should have clued me in, though...
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2013, 09:13:48 am »

Wyrm, need your post.

On a somewhat related note, I'm considering changing over to a regular weekly meeting on Roll20, for combat phases.

Wouldn't work for me, I'd say. I much prefer a purely play-by-post format.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2013, 10:53:59 am »

Wyrm, need your post.

same for me, you know what problems I had with ragnarok(the forum game)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2013, 10:55:08 am »

Wyrm, need your post.
same for me, you know what problems I had with ragnarok(the forum game)
For the record, I too prefer PBP.
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2013, 11:12:05 am »

sorry, just seems that we've had problem getting past the fight. it was supposed to be really sort before we get the others magic'd up and shit.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 11:15:28 am by ragnarok97071 »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2013, 10:17:35 pm »

Alright, Gold, I'm going to just make absolutely sure of this.

If you switch to a GB, he'll be using his defense score for his response instead of attack. Which is four higher.

You're going to have to get REALLY lucky to get your hit, and you'll only get three bonus damage.

True, that's more than enough to mean that you're highly likely to kill him

But if you stick with a normal attack he doesn't get a counter (Since he's using his attack to do a Clash)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2013, 10:19:01 pm »

Oh, missed that one caveat.

Stick to the normal attack.
Suddenly notice that this appears to be the OOC thread.
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2013, 10:20:47 pm »

Hence the un (())'d OOC.

XD

So yeah, gonna take the OC?

At this point you're gonna be getting the same Fallout anyway (Mutations! Yay!), so.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10