Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Jawohl! Ein Spiel der Übermensch und Wunderwaffe. JULY 1940  (Read 10906 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Jawohl! Ein Spiel der Übermensch und Wunderwaffe. SIGN-UP [0/6]
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 08:27:23 pm »

Major Benefit: Biomedical engineering. Like, replacing body parts with mechanical parts
If anyone wants to volunteer to have parts of them removed and replaced with machines, let me know.

*suspicious look*

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 08:28:33 pm »

Major Benefit: Biomedical engineering. Like, replacing body parts with mechanical parts
If anyone wants to volunteer to have parts of them removed and replaced with machines, let me know.

*suspicious look*

I noticed that after I posted, so I changed it.

Your sheet said electrician, that usually doesn't turn people into cyborgs.

I need to put something interesting here.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Jawohl! Ein Spiel der Übermensch und Wunderwaffe. SIGN-UP [6/6]
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 08:31:17 pm »

Two scientists, four soldiers.

Well, they'll have backup test subjects...

I was thinking the exact same thing, actually.

Major Benefit: Experimental Vehicle Development(Building new kinds of Panzers and Planes and such.)

Experimental Vehicle Development is perfectly fine as a benefit. By itself you'd be able to develop Jet Fighters, Super Heavy Tanks, Helicopters etc. Though with some experimental technologies and new power sources, the sky's the limit (and then some).

Major benefit : Assault rifles

Assault rifles weren't developed until the 1944, so I'll put you down as just plain Rifles. When assault rifles get developed you'll have an easy time switching your major benefit to them.

There's already six people, but putting this in case of a waitlist.

Don't worry, there's definitively a wait list.

He's a Nazi scientist. He doesn't need Biomedical engineering to make cyborgs (though it certainly would help a lot).

Anyways we have six players, so let's begin, shall we? I'll write up your characters tomorrow, but you should have a good enough idea of your strengths/weaknesses for the next part of the game.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 08:32:18 pm »

*suspicious look*

It's one of the principal things involved. You've got to wire those mechanical parts. It's just a weird coincidence.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 08:33:43 pm »

*suspicious look*

It's one of the principal things involved. You've got to wire those mechanical parts. It's just a weird coincidence.

True, but you'd also have to have medical knowledge. You can't just plug metal parts into people's bodies, you have to know how it's going to react, and body anatomy to make surrogate parts that work.
I need to put something interesting here.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jawohl! Ein Spiel der Übermensch und Wunderwaffe. PROPOSAL
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 08:34:19 pm »

Well given the creatures involved and the tech I figured I'd give it a shot, but that works as well I'll snatch the first prototype rifle.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 08:38:04 pm »

*suspicious look*

True, but you'd also have to have medical knowledge. You can't just plug metal parts into people's bodies, you have to know how it's going to react, and body anatomy to make surrogate parts that work.
You might in a lesser country, but Die Fuhrer's Nazi Germany believes in not caring about subject mortality rates.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 08:56:01 pm »

Well, he could, but he'd probably need more test subjects soon...
Note to self: Don't join his research.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 08:59:07 pm »

Agreed.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 09:01:27 pm »

Baron Joseph Von Bridgenstein engages his powers of Persuasion!

"Come on, guys, I'm blind. If you don't volunteer, you're discriminating against me because of my disability."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 09:20:19 pm »

THE PROPOSAL

27th of June, 1940

It's still not entirely certain how everybody knew each other. Perhaps you went to the same universities, or visited the same bars, or heard about each other from friends and colleagues. Regardless of how you met, on this day you gather together in a Berlin hotel room. The High Party, still exuberant over the swift and total defeat of France, is willing to hand out large government grants to anybody with a good idea to further the glorious German nation. Jonas Auger and Baron Joseph Von Bridgenstein have the skills and expertise to lend any project an air of feasibility. Elleanor Auscent, Kyle Stone and Alexis Jade have the connections through the Wehrmacht to bring that project to the High Party. Johan Schmidt was merely looking for a bathroom...

The Goal:

Obviously the Nazi party isn't going to give you a secret base in the Pyrenees and large amounts of money for no reason. Therefore it is your duty to come up with a proposal, one that is feasible enough to be accomplished on time, but wonderful enough to wow the Party into giving you whatever you want. You'll need the following two things for a complete proposal.

Objective: What you want to accomplish in the name of Greater Germany, from developing an unstoppable infantry weapon to walking tanks to raising the dead. Remember that while you aren't entirely bound by the laws of nature, anything exceedingly outlandish will adversely affect how much money you'll walk away with. Obviously something feasible and very useful will probably increase the amount of funding you'll receive.

While you are certainly free to take money for yourself and work on side-projects, remember that you'll be held accountable for progress on your objective. Failing to achieve your objective will have terrible repercussions... unless you've developed something equally or more amazing, of course.

Development Time: How long you estimate it'll take to complete your objective in months. The quicker the better, but if the time is short you'll run into the deadline too soon. Feel free to use whatever arcane methods you want to come up with this number, but anything less than one year is possibly a bad idea. Two years is probably a good idea.

If you finish your project on time, at the very least you'll earn more money for your next proposal. If you did exceedingly well (or developed something separate yet amazing) then the government will grant you money to develop whatever you wish, with no objectives or deadlines to meet. And if you fail to meet your objective, then there will be consequences...

Details

You aren't going to earn a large grant with a simple proposal. You have to impress those party members, after all. So instead of "Developing a jet fighter", you're "Developing the Junkers jet fighter, capable of breaching the sound barrier and sporting four miniguns". Break down the development time to show how long you expect to work on the engines, weaponry etc. Try to outline some side benefits that may come out of your project (better propulsion, new power sources etc.). Drawings and models will definitively increase the side of your grant. I'm not expecting an amazing powerpoint presentation, but the more impressed I the party is, the more funding you'll receive.

At the very least, use the time working on the proposal to help outline your personal plans and goals. Or at the very least your plans and goals you want everyone to know about.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2013, 09:24:54 pm »

Alright, I suggest we create something utilizing both our specialities to start with. My suggestion is some sort of vehicle with a cloaking suite.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2013, 09:29:38 pm »

(( Whats the most advanced rifle we currently have USEC? ))

(( I'll work on an assault rifle, I have a minor in mechanics and a semi auto assault rifle is not to far a stretch. Brood mind helping me with testing once it's ready? ))
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2013, 10:45:43 pm »

Spoiler: Erik Van Stufenberng (click to show/hide)
Not sure if we are doing nazi occultism, but I will be hopefully.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2013, 10:48:49 pm »

You can try.

Doesn't mean it'll work.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7