Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: NEW Warhammer 40k MMO "Eternal Crusade"! "Like Planetside and EVE" -the devs  (Read 13829 times)

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't trust these guys. They made Naughty Bear.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

Well I personally assumed that the PvE is Left4Dead-esque in the sense that "Hey it's a Tyranid horde attacking everyone on the battlefield, and they're endless until y'all do something specific, but y'all can't really, cuz y'all are Orkz and Space marines and Dark Eldar fighting each other while this all happens".

Which sounds fairly awesome in my mind, the problem is I don't know if that actually has anything to do with the devs' idea.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

Cautiously hopeful. If there is some truly Battlefront-level combat going on in an MMO universe with all the various factions going at it as they please, without collecting 10 wolf pelts for Quest NPC so you can move up to collecting 10 hyena pelts for Different Quest NPC.

Of course, just because they promise that doesn't mean we'll get it, but I can still hope.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

So, I heard Planetside, EVE and Warhammer 40.000 in the same sentence, and that is enough to drag my attention all the way from the Segmentum Pacificus.
I am of course excessively cautious, especially hearing the rather bad reputation of the developpers. But it could be great. Especially if they take after Planetside.

The major problem it could have is the population. If nothing is done, it will have ten spehss marinez for every Xenos. And that's bad.
The best solution, IMO, would be a heavy use of NPC. Like, twenty orks NPC per player and no Marine NPC. And high level players can give commands to the NPC (if they choose this way).
Though making orks the F2P faction and marines the paying one can be funny. I doubt it will bring more serious marine players though.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile

The game will not fulfill expectations. They are biting too much. That world has to forever be left outside of massive games, with the exception of an RTS here or there.
Nothing to see here, this will fail and die.

(..but i sure fucking dream of a game like that..  :-[)
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Free To Play guys will be Imperial Guards with their T-Shirts and Flashlights.  Premium will be Space Marines.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fine by me. You can have all the smurfs you want for cash, imma go with the Commissar!

But seriously, the Imperial Guard is the best faction for storytelling and even in general. The ordinary men going up against crazy spacedemons and torturous hell-elves, what more could you want?
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Terminator Armor.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Terminator Armor.

Tanks are expensive, send in more men!

I'm cautiously optimistic. There's definitely a market for this kind of game, I just hope it survives the publicity crucible and development hell.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair, "Planetside 2 but with Warhammer skins slapped on" is literally what it would take to make a best-selling Warhammer game. Add a nerdton of customisation options, copy League of Legends' monetization model and you're set for life. What bothers me is that Games Workshop seem to really, really hate money and success and would probably consider this to be eating their miniature sales.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

To be fair, "Planetside 2 but with Warhammer skins slapped on" is literally what it would take to make a best-selling Warhammer game. Add a nerdton of customisation options, copy League of Legends' monetization model and you're set for life. What bothers me is that Games Workshop seem to really, really hate money and success and would probably consider this to be eating their miniature sales.

Which is odd, because I know I'd spend more money on this over time than a game that costs hundreds of dollars in miniatures in rulebooks just to get started, that nobody in my area plays and no stores in my area carry. Not to mention that this is all before I even know if I'll like it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Cautiously watching. 
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

I swear, if they add in the IG I will literally dump all of my money on it even if it is shitty. I just want ONE game where can I play a single guard in the glorious imperial army. Make the F2P players get a choice between playing Orks or IG, with premium players able to advance up the ranks in both sides while the free to play players are just cogs in the giant war machine. It'd be glorious.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure where you guys are getting this whole "free users and paying users" thing, unless it's for Dark Millennium?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic while keeping my hype trapped in a coffee can for this one, because it really has me salivating.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7