Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elven Blood Snow Cheese  (Read 1475 times)

Fien

• Bay Watcher
  • I kinda miss 40d, I knew how that worked.....sorta
    • View Profile
Elven Blood Snow Cheese
« on: June 13, 2013, 03:52:13 am »

My fortress of Tinclods is in a freezing and evil biome, so it snows blood. In my case it's elven blood. I've never modded the game before but someone jokingly called it dwarven ice cream and idea was just too good to let go. What would I have to do to have it be considered milk and therefor able to be made into cheese, since I can't make ice cream? (or can I?)

Or is this too horrible? I'm not sure where the line is here but the stuff is falling from the sky so it's not like I'm doing the killing. Besides, it's elven.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In his house at Fondledbread, bored Cthulhu sits playing.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elven Blood Snow Cheese
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 04:29:56 am »

You'd just modify the elf entry in creature_default.txt, but that's kinda moot since you can't really interact with contaminants in any way besides cleanup. There's no way to scoop up slush or splatters from the ground yet.

Fien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 04:44:34 am »

You'd just modify the elf entry in creature_default.txt, but that's kinda moot since you can't really interact with contaminants in any way besides cleanup. There's no way to scoop up slush or splatters from the ground yet.

Ah, damn. Well thanks anyway.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 08:00:04 am »

Or is this too horrible?

Are you seriously asking that? We're talking about Dwarf Fortress now. Massacring everything that moves is casual. Childcare involves years of torture. Blood and vomit is normal painting for a corridors of Dwarven Halls. Every yak hair tries to strangle you and it rains elf blood.

So yeah, I think nothing really is too horrible.

Fien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 08:16:25 am »

Or is this too horrible?

Are you seriously asking that? We're talking about Dwarf Fortress now. Massacring everything that moves is casual. Childcare involves years of torture. Blood and vomit is normal painting for a corridors of Dwarven Halls. Every yak hair tries to strangle you and it rains elf blood.

I've only just started playing again, didn't know if the  community clamped down on that or anything. Glad to see it hasn't, true dorfs must build their forts out of the bones of their enemies. Then use those bones to make crossbow bolts to kill more enemies and use their bones to make more bolts.

On a somewhat related note; Are elven caravans bugged to not show up? If so, is there a way to fix that? I'm going to need some bolts....

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 10:31:53 am »

Or is this too horrible?

I've only just started playing again, didn't know if the  community clamped down on that or anything. Glad to see it hasn't, true dorfs must build their forts out of the bones of their enemies. Then use those bones to make crossbow bolts to kill more enemies and use their bones to make more bolts.

On a somewhat related note; Are elven caravans bugged to not show up? If so, is there a way to fix that? I'm going to need some bolts....

Did you checked your neigbours before embarking? It's possible that elven civilization has been wiped out or they are at war with your civ. (c)ivilizations screen might help, too. They should arrive during spring after the first year if they exist. You, however, can't buy bolts from the elves. They use arrows. You can always make lots of bone bolts for a early military.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 12:12:17 pm »

Or maybe the elves aren't showing up because IT'S RAINING ELF BLOOD WHERE YOU ARE.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 04:03:04 pm »

Or maybe the elves aren't showing up because IT'S RAINING ELF BLOOD WHERE YOU ARE.

That's one of the quotes I'll add to my "show to random people to make them play DF" folder.

Fien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 11:36:58 pm »

They're cannibals, that's probably be like wine raining from the sky for them.