Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Magical immortal goblin  (Read 913 times)

tar88z

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Magical immortal goblin
« on: June 13, 2013, 02:40:43 am »

I dont know if this is a bug or not....

but after falling 7 floors on a very sharp spike, the goblin got only a scratch, and when I tried to kill him with my fine troops, nothing happens to him... BUT, all my attacking dwarf become legendary fighting lord or somthing on the spot,  lucky for me he run into a cage trap.

so is it a bug? and is it considers cheating to use him to make all my dwarf gods of war? (it wasnt an easy year for them)

THANKS

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
Re: Magical immortal goblin
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 04:05:36 am »

Check his inventory. What kind of armor does he have? Check the reports. Is he terribly good at dodging?

I have survived in adventure mode drops of 7 z-levels if I just have full armor.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 04:09:48 am »

post the save and i will take a look.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 12:58:05 pm »

That goblin is probably very skilled in defense. I would keep him as a live training dummy but even invaders increase their skills through combat and you may create a unstoppable killing machine if you let him live too long.

tar88z

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 02:09:10 pm »

ammm it say he block all the arrows.
I put him in a cage in a pit connected the cage with lever, and then free him in the pit , letting my marksdwarf standing above him and shoot him all day. still, not a scratch (he had some injure to begin with)
oh, and my marksdwarf know their trade, some are legendary.

how to send the save file? its the regionX folder under the save folder (37MB) ?

p.s. im really just beginner... ty for the help

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 02:18:53 pm »

b (Build) v (Chain/Rope) and then chain him to it.  Now you have a prisoner on a rope who cannot fight back unless counter-attacking.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 04:45:39 pm »

tar put that entire folder in a zip file and upload it to a file hosting website

tar88z

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 12:36:09 am »

here it is, the goblin name is Estur Uraral, also, tip about my fortress would be welcome

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B36yJ2AGytozaHN5aXF1Z2FrQW8/edit?usp=sharing

tar88z

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 12:51:21 am »

oh, and I have 2 more question if you dont mind :D

1) my meat farm stop growing, no new chick or duckling hatch latly . I check no stockpile has egg allow and in the kitchen cooking egg is not allowed. to be sure, I locked the farm away with doors.

2) is there any disadvantage to my upper level being all cover with cave moss?

thanks very much for thr trouble :)

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 12:54:52 am »

1) my meat farm stop growing, no new chick or duckling hatch latly . I check no stockpile has egg allow and in the kitchen cooking egg is not allowed. to be sure, I locked the farm away with doors.

1. Hmmm... Make sure you still have males of the species to fertilize the eggs.

2. Not really, but mushroom "trees" will start growing there. That's good because it's a source of wood, but it can be bad if a tree grows in a 1-tile passage way and traps a dwarf in a room, who then proceeds to starve to death...
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

UberFuber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 08:41:31 am »

oh, and I have 2 more question if you dont mind :D

thanks very much for thr trouble :)
1. In addition to what Dwarf_Fever said, how many chickens/ducks do you have? I believe there's a per-species limit of animals per fortress beyond which more won't be born.
2. What Dwarf_Fever says. Also cave-moss can be eaten by grazers, so once you got a decent size field going, you can pasture your grazers indoor (I suggest sheep, alpaca, and/or llama. They give milk, wool, meat/bones, and require little grazing).

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 10:02:34 am »

in order for eggs to hatch they must be in a nest box with their mother on them for a couple months and have been fertilized by a male.