Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: what are blobs good for?  (Read 1472 times)

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
what are blobs good for?
« on: June 13, 2013, 12:06:09 am »

i was just wondering i keep seeing blobs in the caravans and in the caverns and i was wondering are they good for anything at all? i already know i cant eat the eggs they produce but there has to be something they are good for

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: what are blobs good for?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 12:07:38 am »

Cave blobs?  I think they're useful for training blunt weapon skills since you're unable to kill them with said weapons.  That's probably about it.

Edit: The above post is probably wrong, I got here through the recent posts link and didn't realize it was for a mod.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 04:56:43 am »

I think they used to drop a "gem" when killed that could then be used (or was going to be used) for some type of magical ammo that has since been removed or plan altered? Something like that if my vague memory is even close to correct.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 11:50:24 pm »

Very good memory. They drop gems. Nothing else atm.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 02:11:48 am »

ok bigger question, if i leave the blobs alone with a breeding pair will they breed and can i make a gem farming option? i use gems for gem crafts and it would be nice to be able to replenish my stocks by butchering

Asva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 04:52:37 am »

I tried to breed them. For some reason, being butchered, blobs left no gem. So I mounted 20z high jump_and_die attraction for them.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 08:05:24 am »

ok bigger question, if i leave the blobs alone with a breeding pair will they breed and can i make a gem farming option? i use gems for gem crafts and it would be nice to be able to replenish my stocks by butchering

Kind of late to reply, but no, in my experience blobs either suffer fromt he Roc syndrome, or just have unusable eggs. They will lay eggs, but aside from being stored in the food pile, you cant do anything with them.