Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 301

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Nature of Humans: IC thread  (Read 164129 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Nature of Humans: IC thread
« Reply #585 on: November 09, 2013, 05:06:42 pm »

Ursa nodded before dragging the poor guard into a dark corner where hopefully no one would find him. As he did so, he muttered to himself

: "Ursa's name not 'Sir'."
His disposal job finished, he followed Princess, keeping his hatchet ready in case of attack.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 09, 2013, 09:08:12 pm »

Diana looked back at Ursa as she walked.

"Please don't think me ungrateful for the help, but if I may ask... how did you come to be here? And why?"

Doubtless he would want monetary compensation. Would that she could give it - this Ursa deserved something for his efforts - but the kingdom's coffers were in the hands of Exsten and she had never been given access to the treasury - it wasn't thought she would ever need it, given that her older brothers were far more likely to inherit the rule of the land. The fact that liberating this country and then leading it was now solely her responsibility hadn't left her thoughts since seeing Durhiel's castle covered in Exstenian banners, and she would need strong men and women at her side to accomplish this. She gave Ursa a slightly more calculating look, thinking it over.

Maybe she couldn't pay him now, but she certainly could if they managed to oust the Exstenian invaders. The question was, would he be willing to stick around that long, to help start and fight alongside a rebellion? It was certainly a lot to ask of someone not necessarily loyal to her country. She would have to broach the question later, when they were free from this place.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 09, 2013, 09:32:38 pm »

: "Ursa saw Blue Girl and her group get attacked by bandits. Same bandits as ones here. Ursa and friends try help."
: "It not go well. Friends die, Ursa kill many bandits before Ursa hurt. When Ursa woke up, saw Blue Girl and group captured. Followed."
: "Thankfully, Ursa met Sword Man and he wanted to help. Boy outside this place help sneak us in, old woman inside tell where to go. That's the story."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 09, 2013, 09:41:26 pm »

The soldier guarding the jail barely had time to react as Brann silenced him before opening his throat to the cold dungeon air. He struggled briefly, spilling a significant amount of blood over Brann and his clothes before collapsing.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 09, 2013, 09:45:58 pm »

Diana scratched her head nervously.

"...You could call me Diana instead of Blue Girl, if you'd like. Regardless, these men aren't bandits. They're soldiers of a nation, Exsten, who invaded my country, killed my people and my family, and are trying to marry me to their prince to cement their annexation of Durhiel."

She closed her eyes for a moment to collect herself, torn between a fresh wave of grief for the fate of her family and rage at the people who took them from her.

"I wish I had known you were there before I surrendered. You seem like a strong man. With your help we might have been able to repel that group and escape to Ulfijan."

That was a thought. Should they try retreating to Ulfijan once more? They did expect her there... days ago. And Exsten might be expecting that. But she had nowhere else to go, and no other way to try and gather any sort of power base than by receiving assistance from their country. She would ask Biggs and Wedge. They would know what to do.

"...I'm sorry about your friends, Ursa. These damn Exstenians... they've taken so much from so many."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 09, 2013, 10:14:12 pm »

Ursa turned slightly pink in embarrassment.

: "Sorry, Ursa not so good with names. How about Princess instead of Blue Girl? At least until Ursa remembers." He followed the woman through the castle's twisting passageways, listening to her speak.

: "Ursa not know these places you speak of, but these 'Extens' sound like bad people. You giving up might have been smart thing; Ursa just got lucky when bad men decide not to make sure Ursa dead in woods. Chance of Ursa helping you back then very small."

: "Ursa not know friends long anyway. Not even remember names; called them Twin 1 and Twin A. But thanks. And Ursa sorry about Princess' family too."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 09, 2013, 10:30:33 pm »

"If you'd like,"

Diana said agreeable to the first.

"The Exstenians are very bad people. Perhaps you know, but there are four divine weapons in this world, meant to be raised only to protect from evil and never against another mortal. Of these weapons, the Durhiel family line - my family - were guardians of the Divine Axe, Gram. Exsten's royalty were the guardians of the Divine Sword Allondight, and those cowards murdered my father with it."

She released a long, deep breath through her nose to calm down.

"Thank you for your sympathy. These twins of yours... if they were as nice as you, to help someone you barely know in her time of need... then they deserved better than to die by Exstenian hands. I am truly grateful you arrived when you did."

She turned slightly to look at Ursa as they walked.

"...Even though this is my home by birth and by rights, I don't want to be here any longer than I have to. Not until I have the strength to overthrow Exsten and free this country from their tyranny. I don't know how or when, but I will come back here someday and I'll do my best to be the ruler my people deserve."

The large man seemed... uneducated. He wasn't stupid, or at least she didn't think he was - just a bit simple, in a countryfolk sort of way. And she did want to get to know him before asking if he would join her cause; she would feel quite foolish if she did and he flat-out refused because she had read him wrong. Therefore, she could think of a good way to build trust.

"I understand if this is a bit much to take in all of a sudden. Would you like to ask me anything?"
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:38:00 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 09, 2013, 11:33:42 pm »

Cursing slightly at all the blood, Brann cleaned his blade on the man's shirt. Spying a chest in the corner, he opened it using the keys from the man's belt and found a wonderful supply of weapons. Pulling it behind him, he entered the next room. Finding the prisoners, he breathed a sigh of relief. Walking up to the first cell, he announced loudly enough for all to hear, "I'm here to rescue all of you. My companion is rescuing the princess as we speak. I have your equipment here. As soon as I let all of you out, we'll go rejoin with them and get you out of here."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 09, 2013, 11:56:32 pm »

The big man scratched his head, trying to take everything in. Princess could apparently talk a lot more than he was used to, and he struggled to find the words he needed to respond.

: "Ursa has heard of these weapons, aye. Not sure why they not get used, but Ursa guesses there must be reason. Ursa would like to see Legendary Axe some day, compare it to Hatchet.
"Anyway, twins were nice. Would attack bandits and take their stuff. Called themselves 'viglantes' or something like that. Never made fun of Ursa."
He listened solemnly to her vow.
: "Ursa thinks Princess will find strength to come back. Maybe not this winter, or the winter after, but some day. Perhaps Ursa will help.
"Ursa has one question right now: what is Princess? Sword Man warned Ursa about Princess, said not to give commands and stuff...but never explained why. Maybe you can?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 10, 2013, 07:23:41 am »

"'Princess' is my title. It basically means 'daughter of the king', and the king is the man who rules the nation alongside his wife, a 'queen'. Sometimes, a queen will rule alone until she marries. When I free this country and assume the Durhiel family throne, I will be Queen Diana."

Diana thought for a moment about what 'Sword Man' had warned Ursa about. Maybe she could figure out how to put it in terms he could understand.

"I suppose he said not to give me commands because, in a manner of speaking, one does not command royalty - they command others. It is something like a wolfpack, yes? If the wolfpack are the people of the country, then the king or queen would be the alpha who led them all. I imagine your friend thought it would offend me if you were to order me about."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 10, 2013, 08:26:20 am »

Ursa thought about that for a moment about what she said. Some of it made sense, but other parts...

: "Ursa apologize for saying, but Princess very small. In wolfpack, biggest and strongest in charge. How does Princess order pack around when many bigger than her?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 10, 2013, 08:37:57 am »

Diana looked up at Ursa.

"No, it's true; I can't dispute my size. I am not of an intimidating build. Regardless, there are differences between humans and wolves. In my case, my leadership is because of who I am more than what I've done personally. I am a descendent of Durhiel, one of the legendary heroes and founder of the kingdom that bears his name. People listen because they respect my ancestor."

She sighed.

"For now. Hopefully I can live up to his name, and to my father's legacy as well."

Sunny One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 10, 2013, 05:11:49 pm »

Rodan could hardly believe it. How did the man make it into the castle? Whatever the reason, he was here to rescue them, and he was glad. Picking himself up off the floor, Rodan walked over to the chest and pulled a lance out, ready for if they needed to fight their way out.

"How are we getting out?" he asked the new arrival. If he'd gotten this far, he must have had an escape plan. At least he hoped he did.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 10, 2013, 05:57:32 pm »

Ceil stood up from the dungeon floor on hearing commotion from the next room. Looking past Enoch and out into the dankness of the remaining room, she stifled her breathing, laying one ear to the wall and trying to make sense to the muffled noises.
: "..."
Theories clearly thrashed about behind her face, but all of them ceased immediately when the noise of a door crashing open flooded the room. The silhouette of the new occupant's shadow leaked onto the ground, and Ceil dared angle her head to take look at the arrival... And the dead man's pool of blood behind him.
Ceil barely held back a shriek, gasping air in and taking a step back. It took a moment for her to recompose herself.
: "Who are you?" She shouted out from her cell towards the young man, the question was forceful enough to sound like an order.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 10, 2013, 06:49:40 pm »

"Does it matter? I'm not allied with your enemy if that's what you're worried about. But if it'll make you feel better, my name is Brann. As for getting out..." he paused, and blushed slightly. "Uhm, well, the guards currently on duty are much lighter than before. It seems like most of them left today for some reason. I believe that with everyone we have here, we'll be able to fight out. Plus the princess and Ursa of course."
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 301