Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Nature of Humans: IC thread  (Read 163819 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Nature of Humans: IC thread
« Reply #4470 on: September 29, 2015, 03:55:42 pm »

As the talk of futures and countries began amongst the royals, Jago merely concerned himself with a much humbler task: getting off of the ground. The wounded mage-archer stuck his hands on the floor, beginning to push and struggle to force himself up off of the ground... mumbling obscenities under his breath the entire way.
:"Aw man that fuckin' dragon was some serious bullshit..."

Eventually, he managed to spring up to his feet... and take a couple steps too many backwards and stumble directly into Anita. He probably would have knocked her over, if he weren't a stringbean and lighter than her.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 04:37:10 pm by Powder Miner »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: September 29, 2015, 04:04:19 pm »

Armad nodded. "Absolutely. If there is anything I can do for you, personal or as the leader of Exsten, you need only ask. I just hope we can do something about relations between our countries. And... I trust your judgement regarding history."

"If nothing else, we can sit on the knowledge about what happened between Exsten and the Dragon King for a while. Address it in our lifetimes, let our children handle it, or not at all." Wilfort shrugged. "Right now rebuilding is more important than a dead man's truth."

"I'll make my own way back to Exsten. If possible, Diana, Wilfort, I would like the two of you, and any number of your courts, to attend my coronation. I'll send a message as soon as the preparations are underway."

"Same. It'll be good for us to show that level of unity as we ascend our respective thrones." Wilfort looked over at Brann. "...What're we doing about the weapons? They aren't the same as they used to be."

"If it's all the same to everyone here, I would like to have Allondight back."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: September 29, 2015, 05:11:16 pm »

Anita had pulled out her Physic staff to heal Jago when he suddenly backpedaled right into her ,She gasped in surprise and nearly tumbled backwards with Jago's extra weight. But once she'd steadied herself she was more than capable of holding Jago up.

"Here, lean on me while I heal you."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: September 29, 2015, 05:19:23 pm »

Jago happily did so.
:"Mm... thanks. Fuckin' dragon tore me up a little... well, lot."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: September 29, 2015, 05:31:27 pm »

"Why did you think it was a good idea to take a shot at it?" Anita's tone switched from her normal tone to sounding annoyed as she healed Jago's wounds. She'd at least hear his answer before continuing.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: September 29, 2015, 05:43:21 pm »

:"Well, it's like... I've been here since pretty much the whole beginning. The princess' group was just leaving Durhiel when they stumbled upon me (I'd wanted to go and join the Ulfijani military and all, but I'd gotten lost...), and I ended up with 'em... and I've been through the same bullshit as the others."
:"I got beaten down by an army with the princess and the others, I've been locked up in tight spaces to freak the fuck out from claustrophobia, hell, I've been with them every step of the way through every single damn country... I've been doing this a long time like all the rest of the others, yeah, so I was getting pretty attached to the whole thing."
:"So, big ol' dragon, I didn't really give a fuck and I wasn't gonna get left out now, I just wanted to see the whole thing through, you know?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: September 29, 2015, 05:49:14 pm »

Enoch inspects the corpse of the headless dragon closely, waiting patiently. After a few moments of nothing, the diminutive mage grunts and struggles as he shifts to a position well enough to where he has a clear view of the dragon's chest. When he's satisfied with the angle, he holds the book up to the middle of the chest of the dragon and pauses, then shifts its position a touch.

Satisfied with preparations, he places both hands on the tome and presses it against the chest of the dragon roughly. There were three violent flashes of light at where the heart of the dragon should be.

The strange mage let go of the book--leaving it to either rest on the dragon or clatter to the floor, he didn't appear to care which--and shook his hands in disgust, as if he caught a whiff of a horrid smell.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: September 29, 2015, 05:51:35 pm »

Diana nodded to Armad, then turned to Wilfort.

"No offense to present company, but I think King Ansel has done enough to dirty Exsten's name recently. We'll let the distant past stay there. With Kunsel dead, it no longer matters what the original Exsten did. The last thing I want is to potentially give people an excuse for a retaliatory war... not least of which is because I'm weary of bloodshed. Our losses are avenged. Let's just focus on putting life back together."

After a moment she stepped forward and hugged the small prince.

"I really am sorry for your mother."

After a moment she disengaged - partially because it was not proper decorum, partially because she was strong enough that she was probably crushing Wilfort - and turned back to Armad.

"I'll be there, with as many of my companions as would like to accompany me. I would also like to invite everyone to my wedding, although that will be some time off. We have to return to Durhiel and begin setting things right... and of course there's planning to do."

Wilfort and Armad brought up the question of the Divine Weapons.

"Of course they should go back to their rightful places. But since we lack a descendant of Worus, we'll let Brann have Ascalon. He may not be able to use it, but he's shown himself time and again a very brave and capable person; if anyone from Worus deserves to take it up, it's him. And perhaps his descendants may make use of it."

Diana held her hand out to Armad.

"...This must have been hard on you. I can't say I'm sorry for the death of the man who killed my family, but I am sorry he was tricked by Kunsel, and that you lost your father."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: September 29, 2015, 05:58:23 pm »

Armad sighed, his eyes closed. "We've all lost people important to us. Some of us in different ways then others. Thank you."

Wilfort said nothing.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: September 29, 2015, 06:01:58 pm »

Brann overheard Diana's comment and frowned, struggling to his feet. Making his way over to the three, he glanced at Wilfort before quietly saying,

"While I appreciate the thought, I do not plan to return to Worus any time soon. As you mentioned, I have no skill with a lance and... I had planned to return with Wilfort and continue using the Dragon Bow in his service. He and I had discussed this a little at one point and I see no reason not to do so."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: September 29, 2015, 06:10:12 pm »

Diana looked at her hand, then lowered it back to her side and turned to Brann.

"I see. That's not a bad plan. Between yourself and Jago, Wilfort will have two strong allies at his side in case of trouble. Well, then, what do you think of this? It may not be my first choice, but we could send Ascalon back with Neeya. It could be thanks to Kuimer for aiding us, though I'm a bit loath to just treat a Divine Weapon as a token."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: September 29, 2015, 06:23:50 pm »

Anita could... somewhat sympathize with Jago's answer. She hadn't been with the group as long, of course, and had been somewhat of a recluse when she first joined up, but the entire reason see ended up here was because she didn't want to be left out either, except it was a much more general case.

"I... I see. I don't actually have anything to say to that. But..."

"What if you'd got roasted, more than you were anyway, and died? It all would've been over. I wouldn't have liked that..."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: September 29, 2015, 06:28:06 pm »

:"Heh... I've survived some truly ridiculous bullshit so far, I didn't think that even a dragon could keep me down permanently."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: September 29, 2015, 06:33:09 pm »

"The weapons aren't divine, so I don't see a problem with it. Also, good to hear you're still coming with me Brann. I'm gonna really need your support, especially in the coming months."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: September 29, 2015, 06:35:31 pm »

"You're right... But we still need to believe they are, for the sake of our people."
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301