Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 301

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Nature of Humans: IC thread  (Read 163918 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Nature of Humans: IC thread
« Reply #1470 on: March 18, 2014, 05:04:51 am »

"Whether she's planning to use you as a puppet or as a token, it doesn't bode well for us. And there aren't any countries left to escape to..."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:10:09 am by Solymr »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: March 18, 2014, 05:12:05 am »

"Isn't there a desert somewhere in the middle of the continent?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: March 18, 2014, 06:02:53 am »

"Yeah, the Forsaken Lands, but nobody goes there. It's the perfect place if we manage to survive. We'd have to cross the mountains to get there from here though."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: March 18, 2014, 06:08:18 am »

Diana made a 'shh' gesture to both men and pointed to Wilfort, who wasn't that far away. Even if she agreed, it wasn't wise to talk about it in front of the Empress's son.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: March 18, 2014, 06:51:15 am »

Once Wilfort had successfully led the group out of the throne room and closed the door, he slapped a hand to his forehead. "For goodness sake's people, don't you know how to keep your paranoid mutterings quiet? You're embarrassing your Princess." Wilfort shook his head, looking exasperated and begun walking back out the way they came in. "Actually, come to think of it, how many of you are actually even from Durhiel? Only three of you are wearing Durhiel armor, near as I can tell, and you-" Wilfort turned and pointed at Jago, "-look a little Ulfijani to me."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: March 18, 2014, 06:56:21 am »

"You are correct. I originally left my castle with five guards - Tyrn, Freya, Otiros, Biggs, and Wedge."

She pointed out the first three as she said them.

"We picked up Ciel, Enoch, Oscar, and Jago on our first trip toward your castle, saving them from a hostage situation. We were captured shortly thereafter."

She pointed them out to Wilfort.

"Ursa and Brann freed us and helped us and Kale escape, but Biggs and Wedge... didn't make it."

Again, she indicated who she was talking about as she spoke.

"And most recently we saved Lucas from bandits on our second journey here. So... to be honest, I only know that Brann is from Worus and Lucas from Osngaria."

It was an oddly multicultural group they had, that was for sure.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: March 18, 2014, 07:07:20 am »

"Well, that's a weird way to put together a personal guard. And Ursa? That name's a bit on the nose, don't you think? Anyway, come with me, we have a lot we need to do, and not a great deal of time to discuss it." Wilfort spoke quickly, as if he was making up for lost time in the throne room.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: March 18, 2014, 07:10:57 am »

"Very well. We're following you."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: March 18, 2014, 07:24:27 am »

Jago spoke in a clipped tone, muttering towards the end.
:"Yes, I'm Ulfijani. Specifically, a villager. Specifically, not one for intrigue."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: March 18, 2014, 07:27:44 am »

"Good." Wilfort began walking faster as he talked. "Alright, here's the thing. I don't trust Ansel's forces to come up to our gate, give up, and go home just because they took a few shots from our ballistae. If he's coming, he has some kind of plan to get through the walls and close the distance between himself and my mother. So we're going to need all the defenders we can get." Following Wilfort, the group stepped out of the castle and into the mid-day sun. "I'll stick by you during the battle, and do my best to make certain you don't die. And try not to charge Ansel. Allondight is a Divine sword after all. Just leave him to my mother. We'll focus on dealing with his support. Also, I'll have to ask you not to breathe a word of this to anyone here, at least until it's all over. I'll let mother know it was all my idea, and hopefully we'll just have one of my whipping boys flogged or something."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: March 18, 2014, 07:30:19 am »

Whipping boys? We took our punishment when we earned it...

"Right. We'll see what happens."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: March 18, 2014, 07:44:17 am »

Oscar quietly followed after the Princess, not chiming on either his roots nor the battle plan. It was better not to discuss either from his standpoint.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: March 18, 2014, 08:33:05 am »

Wilfort led the group into the capital city, eventually stepping into a shop. The huge man behind the counter hastily grabbed a plaque when he saw the prince, poorly attempting to hide it behind his back.

"Torbeck, what the hell was that?"

"I- Nothing at all, your highness. Nothing at all."

"Pegasus dung. Give it." The man resignedly handed over the plaque, which Wilfort scanned, then sighed. "You know, it's funny Torbeck. It's really quite amusing, but I do believe these aren't your normal prices! Why ever would that be, hm? Especially considering that I told you last week that if I caught you price-gouging again, I'd see you imprisoned. But that's not what this is, is it?" The huge man shook his head. "Good. Because I really don't have the time. Now, if my dear friends here could see the correct listings..."

Spoiler: Armory Store (click to show/hide)

Once we're done here, we can check out a place I know that's good for tomes and the like."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: March 18, 2014, 08:44:35 am »

Otiros couldn't be happier that he received an iron crossbow before for free, those surely were some salty prices there. As for the behavior of the Empress, he wasn't pleased at all. But he wouldn't want to express his opinion right now, he still had his soldier code, so if he really was going to express his opinion, he would speak directly to Diana.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: March 18, 2014, 09:10:47 am »

Ceil merely stood by the entrance of the shop, quietly looking aside. Had the council of Worus given up so easily? It would befit a fairly large number of the members to surrender, and yet would it really sit so well with the few she knew? The whole debacle smells of foul play, but Ceil couldn't help but feel she knew this was coming...
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 301