Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 301

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Nature of Humans: IC thread  (Read 163916 times)

Peach

• Bay Watcher
  • Stealing is wrong, unless it's in a game. XD
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Nature of Humans: IC thread
« Reply #1455 on: March 17, 2014, 08:58:03 pm »

(I'm too scared. :-‹)
Yes, it's really easy to speak when two figures of royalty that would clearly disagree with you glare at you. Kale just cleared his throat. This is probably childish to some extent. He knew he'd have to say something at some time. He just couldn't manage it right now. "My apologies your highnesses. I simply felt a shortness of breath. I didn't mean to interrupt." A little farfetched, but believable.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:00:16 pm by Peach »
...You know, I've written my name on here, but it won't save. Does it only take certain inks or something?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: March 17, 2014, 09:01:54 pm »

Diana shrugged and turned back to the Empress, inclining her head forward for a moment.

"I apologize for the interruption."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: March 17, 2014, 09:02:56 pm »

"Please try to control your breath. These are important things we are discussing." Beltana turned her attention back to Diana. "My son tells me that this is all the forces you command." Beltana gestured to the assembled group behind Diana. "I do not doubt your courage, or theirs. But I am afraid I must deny your request. Drahool sent you to me that I might keep you safe. I'll not have you bleeding out upon my battlements because you desired revenge." The Empress leaned back in her throne, and sighed heavily. "When Ansel is dead, I will do what I can to restore you to your throne. He is a foolish, impatient man, and Osngaria and Durhiel must have taken their toll on his forces. He will strike, and soon. His strike will be audacious, and I doubt he'll hold anything in reserve. We are all that stands between him and his goal to hold all four Divine Weapons."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: March 17, 2014, 09:14:20 pm »

"I understand your position, but I must ask that you reconsider. My group may be small and untested, but we have skill and courage. I know and appreciate that you respect my father's wish and want to keep me safe, but in times like these every able person is needed to fight. I believe Father would understand."

"As for the rest... what of the Confederation of Worus? Are they not still standing?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: March 17, 2014, 10:27:24 pm »

"So you've not heard? That self-important council of merchants bent the knee. As the rumors tell it, the Worus bloodline is dead, and the council has sworn fealty and Ascalon to Ansel in exchange for their safety. What I know for certain is that Worus has ignored my calls to council and has shut down all trade with Ulfijan. Cowardly bastards."

"I digress. What your father might have wanted and what I have decided are two different things. I need you to rule the plains of Durhiel. Truth be told, if I thought I could hold the country once Ansel was gone, I'd annex Durhiel myself. But it is a wide country, and I am far from its people in more ways than one. I'd sooner have you rule it on your own. You, who will soon owe me personally a great deal."
Beltana smiled at Diana from her throne. It didn't seem like a very warm smile. "I of course plan to return Gram to you, at the end. But Allondight will belong to me, understand?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: March 17, 2014, 10:30:54 pm »

Ceil tightened the grip on her staff as she heard the news regarding Worus. It certainly was one of the last things she wanted to hear at the moment...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: March 17, 2014, 10:31:28 pm »

Brann let out a small gasp at the news of Worus, but quickly slammed his mouth shut. He couldn't say he was overly surprised that his country had given in to the demands of Ansel since their military power was largely made up of mercenaries who could be bought but... Still. It was never good to hear that your country had given in to such a man.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: March 17, 2014, 10:45:51 pm »

Diana exhaled forcefully through her nose. It seemed the Empress had her over a barrel, and she didn't like it. But for the good of her people, she would have to accept those terms. For now, at least.

Odd, then, that she doesn't want me to fight. If she truly plans to take over the world once Ansel is dead, then if I were to die on the battlefield opposing him then she could easily claim all the lands for the empire. What is her goal...?

"Let's worry about the fate of Allondight - and Ascalon - once we have Ansel dealt with."

Father... am I going to have to overthrow the Empress too, once Ansel is done? All I want - all I ever wanted was to see our country remain proud and strong, and live peacefully with the other nations. But first Ansel and now Beltana seek to subjugate my people... Very well then. If I have to, I'll bring down Ulfijan and force the Confederation to kneel to me instead. It may be the only way that my people remain free. I will not see them slaves for the glory of the Mad King or the Empress. Nothing is more important than that.

"I did not expect Worus to surrender so easily. It seems I made the better choice to come here. Is there anything else, Empress?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: March 17, 2014, 11:13:00 pm »

"For now, no. I'd like to give you some time to reflect on your position. As well as to grow accustomed to the life you'll lead here until we restore you to your throne. Prince Wilfort will accompany you until the threat of battle has passed. I don't want you being tempted to join if a conflict begins while you are out. You may go."

Wilfort stepped down from his place at Beltana's side and stood by Diana. "Shall we?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: March 17, 2014, 11:18:12 pm »

"Very well. Good day, Empress."

Diana bowed again and waited for Wilfort to lead them out, inwardly seething the entire time. She had come here to help stop Ansel, not be shut away like a delicate flower in danger of losing its petals at the slightest touch! She had been in dangerous battles before! ...Admittedly she had surrendered during one of them, but she was stupid then. She hadn't realized the reality of the war. Now she did, and she had shed blood and had blood taken from her, and she was never going to back down from combat again even should it end in her death.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: March 18, 2014, 01:27:09 am »

Ursa growled low in his throat as the Prince approached. While the specifics of what had just happened flew over the man's head a little, he knew two things for sure. The first was that he and the rest would not be fighting (why not?!). The second was that he did not like the way the purple-haired woman smiled at Diana. He did not like it one bit. And it didn't seem like Diana was all that pleased either.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: March 18, 2014, 02:10:29 am »

Jago frowned deeply as the Empress went on, unable to hide his displeasure. He'd expected the ruler of his country to perhaps be some grizzled archer, some wise old woman with experience beyond his many years.
Apparently living in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere had its disadvantages, since he'd never known the Empress was such a gigantic bitch.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: March 18, 2014, 02:38:57 am »

Lucas whispered to Diana low enough that the prince couldn't hear it.
"There is something very fishy about the Empress."

Peach

• Bay Watcher
  • Stealing is wrong, unless it's in a game. XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: March 18, 2014, 04:20:46 am »

Kale didn't hear Lucas, but had he, he would agree completely. Something's off about this lady and her plans. What's with everyone's thirst for power lately? Sure, everyone has a little, but shouldn't the loyals be able to control it at the least? Perhaps he turned a blind eye somewhere, but between this Empress and king Ansel, Kale wasn't sure who was the worse person. At least Ansel thinks he's doing good while if this lady's plans are as predicted at all, she has to know this is wrong, unless someone's claiming to be a prophet to her too anyway.
...You know, I've written my name on here, but it won't save. Does it only take certain inks or something?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: March 18, 2014, 04:49:16 am »

Once they were outside of the throne room, Oscar walked closer to the Princess.

"Empress is clearly in league with Ansel, or is at least conspiring with him in secret." Said Oscar, ever the optimist.

"My other happy theory is that she is planning to murder us all the moment Ansel is dead. This one, unfortunately, seems more possible to me..."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 301