Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 301

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Nature of Humans: IC thread  (Read 163808 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Nature of Humans: IC thread
« Reply #1005 on: February 23, 2014, 02:54:36 pm »

Oscar whistles as the magical fireworks go.

"Maybe I should learn magic instead."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 23, 2014, 02:59:36 pm »

"Vendetta sealed, the wrongs appealed." The diminutive mage said gleefully, watching the metal-clad man collapse under his own weight with a clank. Enoch looked at the earth-man and then at Diana curiously, before turning around to face the others.

"Life's blood is flowing, best stem and stop their souls from going." And with that, the mage went to helping stabilize the two, along with anyone else who may be down.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 23, 2014, 03:00:28 pm »

Diana leaned back against the pillar for support, dropping her sword and pressing a hand to her stomach where she had been stabbed. That... had been a really bad idea. But yet she couldn't help but feel a small measure of sympathy for the burning corpse at her feet. Eren had... seemed like a nice man. He had just been on the wrong side, fought for the wrong country. She closed her eyes and sucked in a breath through clenched teeth, before turning her attention to Ursa and Enoch. The two had really saved her... and was it just her imagination, or had Ursa really looked especially angry when she had been stabbed? He had certainly thrown his axe hard enough to stagger Eren before the general had taken him down.

"...Can you... heal him first?"

She indicated Ursa with a tilt of her head.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 23, 2014, 03:04:25 pm »

Ceil was already well and away trying to help Rodan up. The staff she held continued to spark and glow multiple times in succession as she worked away on various cuts and bruises.
: "I'm working as fast as I can. Remain calm and do not stress yourselves. All of you!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 23, 2014, 03:08:25 pm »

Diana nodded and leaned back against the pillar, both hands to her wound and applying pressure to slow the bleeding. She thought she could make it until Ciel could get to her, no matter how painful it was or how cold she was feeling. She just had to stay patient.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 23, 2014, 03:12:11 pm »

: "Ursa...be fine. Iron Man not do much."

Considering the big man was currently lying on the floor bleeding everywhere, this was sort of stretching the truth.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Peach

• Bay Watcher
  • Stealing is wrong, unless it's in a game. XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 23, 2014, 09:28:45 pm »

(Sorry, can't do faces right now.)

Kale approached the crowd. the lack of metalic noises told him the battle was over. Still, there were some wounded soldiers. The blue hair girl seemed to have lost the most blood. Kale approached the princess and placed his hand on her arm, just before a wound. He then gave it a squeeze. "That's not too tight, now is it?" He sighed and shook his head. "My apologies for not taking the front line miss. Given that your friends were kind enough to give me my freedom, I suppose I should have been more eager with my repayment. It's just that, as I had stated before, though I can wield a blade, combat isn't really a fine skill of mine."
...You know, I've written my name on here, but it won't save. Does it only take certain inks or something?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 23, 2014, 09:55:36 pm »

Brann collapsed onto the ground and stared up at the ceiling. He was hurting all over and all for what? The rescue of a princess he had never seen before, a fight against a country that was seemingly trying to take over the world. He shook his head. This would never end well, would it? But it seemed he'd committed himself to the princess, at least for now. 

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 23, 2014, 10:04:56 pm »

: "You'll require a much closer look later. For now, avoid stressing your arms, they took the brunt of the damage."
Ceil quickly moved away from Rodan and onto Brann with professional efficiency.
: "Hold still. This will take a few moments." Ceil quietly surmised as the staff in her hand lit up again, her eyes quickly darting about for the most readily visible wounds.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 23, 2014, 10:13:07 pm »

"Heh, no worries. I doubt I could move much right now anyways. Got hit... face like you can see by a sword and... somewhere in the midsection by that spear, Brann answered, hoping to help the healer out. Continuing to lay still, he just closed his eyes, hoping it would be over soon.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 23, 2014, 10:20:24 pm »

"Diana!"

Tyrn ran over to the other side of Diana, giving a nod to Kale.

"That was foolish milady. Here."

Tyrn placed one of his spare vulneraries in her hand.
and did his best to help prop her up.
It's FEF, not FEOF

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 23, 2014, 10:50:58 pm »

Diana looked at Kale when he came over and took her arm. His hand felt awfully warm. Maybe her arm was just cold.

"No, it isn't. Thank you for the thought. And... don't worry about apologizing. We're all still here, aren't we? Well... most of us..."

The princess looked down, thinking about Biggs and Wedge. They hadn't made it because of her poor decision. But... on the other hand, if she hadn't surrendered, this man would still be in the hands of the Exstenians who took her castle, as would Rodan, and she never would have met Ursa or Brann. She could never bring the two loyal soldiers back, but maybe she could do her best for these four new allies instead, to try to make up for her mistake. While she was thinking, Tyrn took one of her arms over his shoulders and sprinkled some powder on her wound. It did a lot to slow the bleeding.

"Thank you, Tyrn..."

She looked down and away. She didn't want to say it, but he needed to know. He might have already suspected it, and he deserved the truth.

"Tyrn... Zayn died when this castle fell. I'm so sorry."

She gave him a weak hug as best as she could with the arm over his shoulders.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 24, 2014, 12:36:52 am »

With that, the battle was over. Almost casually, Jago unstrings his bow, and puts it on his back, before slipping his hands into pockets and leaning on a pillar, closing his eyes
Today had gone... not as expected. First he ends up in the company of a princess, then... he ends up in battle, then he ends up in tight space hell. And then he'd killed people, and almost died himself, multiple times.

Jago sighed. He just wondered if he would ever get used to this... and whether that would be a good thing.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 24, 2014, 01:20:23 am »

"...damn it."
"I had figured as much that this had happened.. but I still held on to a bit of hope that he..."

"I... I thank you for letting me know princess. At least he died fighting for what he believed in."
It's FEF, not FEOF

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 24, 2014, 01:37:23 am »

"He was a good man. At least we took a small measure of revenge for him."

After a moment, Diana released Tyrn from the hug and managed to walk over to her father's throne. She sat down and leaned back, resting her head against the back, and closed her eyes. It wasn't her father's throne. Not anymore. He was gone and she had to accept that. This... this was her throne now. Or at least it would be, once she had set things right. She opened her eyes and looked across the throne room at her allies. Once she had won... if she won... she would have to get used to this view. Ruling the land meant more than just sitting in a throne and looking pretty. She would have to handle relations with the other countries, make decisions to best benefit her people. Truly rule the country of Durhiel.

And... provide a heir. The line of Durhiel had to continue, and it was now her responsibility alone to ensure that it did. And that meant choosing someone to be the future consort, if not King. It had to be someone she trusted, and that meant that it would have to be one of the men standing in this room here and now. She appraised them while they were busy amongst themselves. Oscar? Maybe. He seemed to like her, and was handsome enough. The people might accept him as ruler were she to choose him. Enoch? He was an odd one. She held nothing against the man but she didn't think he was suitable, although if he wanted to stick around she could easily find a place in her court for him. Jago? He was a good lad. Probably not king material though; she got the impression he liked his freedom and probably wouldn't want to be tied down with important matters of the state. Tyrn? He was a strong candidate. She had grown up with him, trained alongside him. Out of everyone here he was the one she knew best. His father had groomed him for captain of the guard one day, and he took his duties seriously.

Her eyes flicked across the room to the other men. Otiros? Probably not. He was a good man, and doggedly loyal, but he was too much of a 'soldier'; he would probably be uncomfortable being approached by her and seemed like he was content with his lot in life. Ursa? Well. That was a thought. He was hardly good-looking, and clearly uncivilized... but he was strong, and kindhearted. She would need his strength in the coming days... and, if need be, he was skilled with axes. He could probably wield Gram if it ever became necessary for someone other than her to do so. Hmm. Brann? He seemed a nice man. He had come all this way to help free her and her soldiers with no promise of reward. To her that spoke volumes about his character. Kale? She didn't know. He didn't appear to be a bad guy, but she knew nothing about him besides the fact he had been in jail before they got here. Best to not even consider him until she learned more of him. That left Rodan, who had also been imprisoned and was fairly quiet. She knew even less of him than she did of Kale.

She closed her eyes again and waited for Ciel to come by. She didn't have to make that decision now, but it was an important one. The future of her ancestral line, of her country, and her own happiness depended upon her making a good choice. It would be best for her to take her time, think it over, and get to know everyone. Maybe she should ask the other women their opinions, when they had some time alone. Ciel seemed like a wise woman, and it certainly wouldn't hurt to hear what Freya's thoughts were. Speaking of... Diana crossed her legs and beckoned Ciel over, wiping the blood from her mouth.

"Miss Ciel? May I speak to you for a moment?"

(Also this post made me realize the imbalance of the gender ratio. Powder is gunning for Freya and I've got my eyes on Ursa, so I guess the rest of you are going to have to fight over Ciel. :P)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 02:04:31 am by SeriousConcentrate »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 301