Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: You are a Lord II  (Read 33538 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Lord II
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2013, 03:59:18 pm »

"If you need a book or medical attention I'll be in the library.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2013, 04:05:23 pm »

Raeric got up, bowed again to the King, and sent one of the soldiers to fetch their weapons.

"I thank you, Your Highness. I assume ten guards for the throne room, ten for the main hall, five for each chamber, five - not counting me - for you at all times will not be too bothering? Belwyn was a good man, but the security was lax while he was in command here."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2013, 04:59:29 am »

"Thank you, your arrangements are both reasaonable and sound."
King enjoyed the feast, however, he disliked the fact that some of the courtiers were impolite enough to leave the feast which was organized for them, an insult both to their liege and the cook's magnificent menu (-1 favour for those who left)((arbitrary king ftw:P))

Over the following days, King received many petitioners fomr both near and far, but the most problematic was the delegation from the western hill tribes. ever since an uneasy peace was secured long time ago, they have been granted a token tribute in exchange for peace every year. This time however, they demand an extraordinary sum. The king, called in his councillors.

"My lords and servants, the western Hillfolk are growing bolder and more agessvie. My father was unable to stave them off properly and left me with a weak army, while forgetting to relieve me of the burden of paying a tribute to the savages. This time they are demanding a larger sum than ever before and we have precious little time to respond. What say you?"

Spoiler: The Court (click to show/hide)

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2013, 05:14:04 am »

Settled in a corner with the 4 blades of her sword around her Alexis shrugged.

Only one choice makes sense lord, we expand the army then we kill or enslave them all. With permission I'll get to work on my side of things.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2013, 07:24:05 am »

"Violence is an answer, but it is not the answer. It would make more sense to determine why they demand more. If it is mere greed, we will pay them the same token as always; if there is a legitimate reason, we will attempt to solve it.

"Although we should increase the size of the army in any case, for if peace should fail."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2013, 09:01:07 am »

Having eaten with such glee at the feast he still claimed to be waiting for his stomach to settle, Hulen had stuck around at the court for the following days. For the king's request, he pushed himself off his chair. He appeared to be in a state of mild inebriation.

'Savages, the lot of them!' he proclaimed. 'They're no match to good, honest steel, Your Highness. They've disrespected us for far too long. I say we kill their chieftains and send them back their heads. That's... that's the payment of civilized men!'

He paused, considering what he'd said. 'Or, err... perhaps we could capture the chief's family? If we have a hostage, they will not dare attack.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2013, 09:25:12 am »

laughing politely for a moment Alexis then smiled ruefully.

When you say we,what you really mean is me and my sisters.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2013, 09:34:03 am »

"While I do detest violence it is a good idea to do something underhanded. I suggest that we send an ambassador of some kind to see if we can shed light on this as Grewie said, but we also have some of Alexis' blades go along for protection and, if need be, to assassinate people that are being unreasonable. Also raise an army near their borders and if it comes to having to go to war we can get to fighting faster and before they know we were there."

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2013, 10:01:15 am »

After listening attentively to the others - and making sure that all were attended by a servant for their possible needs - the balding man hastily removes his apron before speaking up;

"Might they not only be testing the waters with his Highness? I am sure a show of strength ought to put them back into place, while attacking them only might aggreviate them further. While it is not my intention nor place to doubt the blades, we should not forget that their new successors might have worse intentions than raising a tribute out of us, not to speak of the scandal that it might cause.

If our liege - most unrightly so - would become known for prefering underhanded means, it could spark far more troubles with other neighbours than those wild men might cause on their own. But indeed, we should be prudent in our behaviour, raising at least the milita near the border seems fitting - or what number of soldiers our military minded lordships deem sufficient."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2013, 10:08:11 am »

Raeric, after positioning his Wardens around the room (he had decided not to bring any armed man inside before receiving the position of commander), turned towards the King. He spoke softly, so as to only be heard by his ruler and the nearest courtiers.

"If I may comment, Your Highness... The Hillfolk respect strength and little else. Peaceful negotiations will be laughed at, and simply raising troops along the border will not slow them down. They won't honor you unless you back your words with fire and steel, and even then most will break before they bend."

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2013, 10:24:13 am »

Responding quietly Alexis leaned forward.

Then let us break them so totally that they never recover.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:32:28 am by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2013, 10:28:17 am »

"If we do go that route can I have one? They work in the library well."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2013, 10:34:14 am »

"Before we charge headlong into a war, I would like to point something out...If we attempt peace, we can always go to war later. If we attack, there is no going back."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2013, 12:16:39 pm »

If we attempt peace we look weak, if we beat them down we look strong, I'd rather be strong.
Now it never would.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2013, 12:17:26 pm »

"Better to look weak and be strong than to look strong when we're still weak."
Sig
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26