Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No Poll.

No poll?
No poll.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 391

Author Topic: Fire Emblem On Forums: NoH: OOC thread: That's All Folks!  (Read 287785 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile

AFAIK Just File-> New Map and plug in 26 and 34 for the tile parameters (Shows as 'Each tile is X pixels wide and Y pixels High).
Then File->Import->Haspen's tileset and you should be good to go.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Okay, mostly got it working, but it butchered Hasp's tiles like a lamb at a chainsaw convention.

Not sure how much effort I want to put in to get them working as they should...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Okay, mostly got it working, but it butchered Hasp's tiles like a lamb at a chainsaw convention.

Grab the zip, unpack those two dll's where mapwin.exe is. That's all!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grab the zip, unpack those two dll's where mapwin.exe is. That's all!

I did that, it still messed it up. It loads the tileset, but it gets chopped.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like the pixel setting is off. That 26x34 setting I mentioned at the beginning determines how large the individual tiles are loaded in as, so if it's too small a value it might chop the tiles up too small.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like the pixel setting is off. That 26x34 setting I mentioned at the beginning determines how large the individual tiles are loaded in as, so if it's too small a value it might chop the tiles up too small.

In addition to cutting them off, it's also sticking the chopped bits into the next one.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In addition to cutting them off, it's also sticking the chopped bits into the next one.

Yup, pixel setting is too small. You sure you set the option on the prompt for a new map? First field should be 26, the second 34.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yup, pixel setting is too small. You sure you set the option on the prompt for a new map? First field should be 26, the second 34.

Hm, I could have sworn I did that.

Oh well, I'll mess with it some more later. As for now, I gotta go slap some dinner together.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Facepalms.* Yeah, lets talk about death to someone who is already afraid.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I know why my tiles are all chopped in that program. There's excess space on the right in the .png file, where I keep my 'color pools'.

Just chop off all white space and the tilest will work wunderbar on 26x34 size.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Hey BMM, what tool are you using for map making again?

I seriously recommend Mappy for doing tile maps. Just import Haspen's tileset at 26x34 pixels and you've got a easy to work with tool without having to copy and paste every tile :P. Still have to overlay the characters and everything but it should make laying the map out easier.

Hahaha, oh wow, I didn't even see that post. >.> This could be quite useful indeed. Thanks, CE. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Alright, there is only one door to the inn clearly visible, and there is a guy with an axe standing in it. Are you guys still going to initiate combat?

EDIT: Wait, was Enoch volunteering to be hostage proof?

He would of said yes on a laugh, I even came up for a rhyme with it although I can't remember what it was now, something about harking and larking, and a farce... Ah well, seems things have changed. Now I'm wondering if I should attack, or not. I don't think any of them consider Enoch a threat beyond 'that weird rhyming git.' I don't think they even believe he's armed...

Really, they just consider poor Jago troubling, but I can't save him even if I wanted to. Too weak, specially with four guys right next to me, I'd go down quicker than a something something I'm tired. Darn it people, I need someone to hide behind. :v

Also it seems they evicted poor Enoch of his table. He liked that table, or at least he was sitting in it. Those monsters.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:43:33 pm by Xanmyral »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Fun fact: This is Jago's first real fight in any way ever! He hasn't even militarily trained!
Expect panicking and first-kill morality crises.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Enoch is Enoch. Expect Enoch. It will either confuse or not surprise people dependent. :v
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 391