Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No Poll.

No poll?
No poll.

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 391

Author Topic: Fire Emblem On Forums: NoH: OOC thread: That's All Folks!  (Read 288370 times)

Peach

• Bay Watcher
  • Stealing is wrong, unless it's in a game. XD
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem On Forums: NoH: OOC thread: Wow, lookit all them dead people.
« Reply #1425 on: December 06, 2013, 12:10:22 pm »

I just didn't argue my movement this turn because that's what I wanted to do anyways. Even the space is where I wanted to go.
...You know, I've written my name on here, but it won't save. Does it only take certain inks or something?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: December 06, 2013, 06:25:48 pm »

And that's lucky! But honestly, I would *love* it if people started arguing against my plans over here. If we actually talk about stuff, it's more likely that we'll reach a plan that will make everyone happy and hopefully keep everyone alive.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: December 06, 2013, 06:36:00 pm »

My preference is to not worry about a plan, unless we're facing an exceptionally dangerous enemy or someone's life is on the line. Other than that, let the players figure out who to attack and where to move on their own - after all, things like personal skills and faults can make a plan that appears optimal at first glance better or worse, and the players know that stuff better than anyone.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Peach

• Bay Watcher
  • Stealing is wrong, unless it's in a game. XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: December 06, 2013, 06:46:56 pm »

I agree, and am more than happy to do so, but I'm not the best with Fire Emblem strategy, so although if I do see a flaw or a way to accomplish our goal better I'll speak up, I'm mostly holding a "they know best" point of view. That said, I do think staying alive should be a much higher priority than beating the enemies at any swiftness. In other words, once the general area is clear and Jago is on his feet, we should take a time out to heal up. This is a common strategy I use in Fire Emblem games, and although I know this isn't quite the same, at least in the games, it works quite well, though it can knock away a few turns when that matters.

One final note, in maps with chests, my prime goal is going to be to nab all the loot, and if and when I go thief, (I'm about 95% sure that's what I'm doing BTW.) I will also want to steal rare stuffs from enemies. I realize that sometimes higher priorities occur, but I may have trouble spotting them, so if there's some emergency and you think I can be of help, it may be wise to let me know, even if it seems obvious, just in case.

EDIT: I was ninja'd and was talking to Swordstar.
...You know, I've written my name on here, but it won't save. Does it only take certain inks or something?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: December 06, 2013, 06:51:00 pm »

Sirus: You say that, and yet we've had three people get killed/knocked down in two phases. My plans weren't great, but they also weren't followed perfectly. Now, I'm not saying that if they had been, people would still be alive. No way am I saying that. But if we actually *talked* about stuff, we might actually keep everyone alive.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: December 06, 2013, 06:56:44 pm »

Incidentally, managing to keep Biggs and Wedge alive until they hit 10th level (a herculean effort) would have nabbed you guys some free items.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: December 06, 2013, 06:57:40 pm »

Also, you make it seem like I haven't been paying attention to personal skills/faults. I have been actually. I've been doing my best to take literally everything into account.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: December 06, 2013, 06:59:52 pm »

Sword, the only way everyone will stop to plan before every turn will be if I give them a classic FEF experience at some point. Like a Chapter 2.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: December 06, 2013, 07:00:36 pm »

Sword, the only way everyone will stop to plan before every turn will be if I give them a classic FEF experience at some point. Like a Chapter 2.

Haspen-grade Chapter 2? c:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: December 06, 2013, 07:02:10 pm »

Haspen-grade Chapter 2? c:

I did say classic FEF.

I gotta admit, I see why you like to do things the way you do. Grief and agony are fun!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 06, 2013, 07:03:43 pm »

Lovely. So we just get a free for all. Great.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: December 06, 2013, 07:06:11 pm »

Here's the thing Swordstar, we had no control over the two dead characters. None. Short of surrounding every possible enemy unit so that they couldn't attack or be attacked, no plan on Earth could have saved them; they died far to quickly, had no knockdown timer and I'm pretty sure BMM42 wanted them to die anyway. As for Jago...well, I have no idea why Powder decided to run an archer into the midst of a bunch of enemies, but that was his decision and we've got good odds of saving him regardless.

What I'm saying is: if you can't stand people in a community multiplayer game wanting to do their own thing, even if it goes against your flawless strategies, perhaps you should stick to playing the video games.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: December 06, 2013, 07:08:32 pm »

You're completely ignoring my point. I'm saying *we should all discuss the plans* We should all work together. In a community as multiplayers. Why is that such a hard thing to ask? I've been completely willing to admit from the start that my plans are not flawless and that people should contribute. But if that's your attitude towards me, maybe I should just quit.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 06, 2013, 07:11:30 pm »

Actually, I said way back in the prologue that you guys could issue order for Biggs and Wedge. You just needed to bold it in the IC thread.

I guess everyone forgot during the, ahem, intermission.

And Swordstar, chill. It's a game, people are going to treat it as such. Don't take offense if people don't want to be extra careful.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: December 06, 2013, 07:13:03 pm »

There's a difference between being extra careful and working together. Also between having a discussion and insulting me.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 391