Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 324

Author Topic: Gaming Pet Peeves  (Read 517691 times)

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Pet Peeves
« Reply #2970 on: February 09, 2016, 05:51:21 pm »

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1057-DARK-SOULS

Yeah, it's always funny to see those; like how about 7% of the people playing Dark Souls never got past the "tutorial" level...
But still, those achievement should at least mark an important point in the story to be justified. The "Completed mission 1 / 2 / 3" kind is just filler.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: February 09, 2016, 05:58:38 pm »

Ouch.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: February 09, 2016, 06:04:44 pm »

Easy to build a backlog with sales. Basically people buy Dark Souls because it's a cool game but they never get to it because they own hundreds of cool games already.

I've also made some games purchases as an atonement of sorts. Paying for some ye olde stuff I used to pirate way back when.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: February 09, 2016, 08:56:20 pm »

I know a number of games for me that have achievements, like Saint's Row 3, for some reason stopped tracking achievements while I was playing. I end up with only a few at the beginning and then nothing. Still connected to the internet but something must have caused the game to disconnect in some manner.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: February 09, 2016, 10:08:54 pm »

I heard that in Fallout New Vegas, opening the console disables achievements for the rest of the session.  IE you can open the console, cheat, save and reload, and achievements will be restored.

I don't know whether you have to exit the program fully, but either way...  Pretty dumb way to do it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: February 09, 2016, 10:09:53 pm »

If you're playing New Vegas just for the achievements, you're doing it wrong.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: February 09, 2016, 10:17:18 pm »

I would actually be a little offended by that, except I actually know someone who *did* hunt 100% of the achievements in New Vegas.  He does it for a lot of games, in fact we rarely play co-op except when he's hunting co-op only achievements.  It's so bizarre and frustrating to me, even though I like challenges sometimes.

In New Vegas in particular, getting 100% in a few weeks seems... Well.  Either the player is great at assuming very different roles, or isn't invested in the game's characters and setting at all.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: February 09, 2016, 10:40:51 pm »

I'm just biased. F: NV is probably my favourite RPG, and one of my favourite games of ever.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: February 09, 2016, 10:53:50 pm »

I clearly did this because I hate NV and can't play it properly. How do I play it right? Please enlighten me.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: February 09, 2016, 11:07:04 pm »

If you did it just to do that, sure.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: February 09, 2016, 11:12:12 pm »

I guess you're right. 8 playthroughs (or whatever, it's been a while) and collecting those on the way because I enjoyed having goals over my 800+ hours of playtime mean I'm wrong. So tell me how to play it right, please? I don't want to make the mistake of enjoying a game again.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: February 09, 2016, 11:13:41 pm »

Just being elitist, don't mind me, Mr. Butthurt.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: February 09, 2016, 11:16:13 pm »

If you don't want to enjoy videogames, you simply need to stop playing them. You should come play forum games with us, instead, because videogames are dumb.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: February 09, 2016, 11:21:01 pm »

I guess you're right. 8 playthroughs (or whatever, it's been a while) and collecting those on the way because I enjoyed having goals over my 800+ hours of playtime mean I'm wrong. So tell me how to play it right, please? I don't want to make the mistake of enjoying a game again.
Based on playing 800+ hours, you weren't playing just to fill out the achievements.  So Hector and I aren't talking about you.
She/they

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: February 09, 2016, 11:25:23 pm »

Based on playing 800+ hours, you weren't playing just to fill out the achievements.  So Hector and I aren't talking about you.
I was going to say that, but I decided to be more of a dick instead.

If you bought the game purely to get the achievements and set it aside never to think of it again, then that's... kind of not the point of video games. As Rolan said 800+ hours invested probably means you were doing other, more interesting shit. Like playing the game.

Equally so, the idea of people doing it to one of my favourite games was :0 to me, so yeah.

Also, being elitist "I play games to enjoy myself", 'cause - as previously stated - I hold the status of dick. Probably a tinge of jealousy since I haven't got all the achievements yet...

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 324