Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 324

Author Topic: Gaming Pet Peeves  (Read 517659 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Pet Peeves
« Reply #1800 on: March 10, 2015, 04:56:22 am »

I certainly haven't played it. You also mentioned an ending thing, so you've like, totally ruined it for me and everything. Probably.

Spoilers is spoilers, doesn't matter how much information is in them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
being a superb example.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: March 10, 2015, 05:15:43 am »

If a game's more than five/ten years old, the 'spoilerz' rule doesn't apply as far as I'm concerned.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: March 10, 2015, 05:23:24 am »

Well you're silly then. Have you played every single game ever in existence which is older than five years? I think I can safely assume the answer to be no, and that it will be no for 100% of the people who read this.

Can't force you to spoiler it, but there have been instances of me reading through a thread like this and some clown has unspoilered spoilers for a game I'm interested in, which ruins my enjoyment of the games because I know the "super-secret-omgplottwist!" now. I'd rather it didn't happen to other people, potentially ruining their enjoyment of a game they haven't played yet.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: March 10, 2015, 05:33:22 am »

I'd spoiler it if they were super-secret-omgplottwists,
Spoiler: like the one in (click to show/hide)
, but I really don't consider the ones I posted for VTM: B to be major ones.
The circle is complete.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: March 10, 2015, 05:37:01 am »

You said one was an ending, and one was leading to an ending :P so it was on that basis I suggest the spoiler.

As I say, not played the games, will likely never play the games, but other people might be interested in them (because vampires are awesome, apparently) and may be upset at having stuff like that revealed prior to a play through. Again, up to you though.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: March 10, 2015, 05:39:42 am »

Well, the reason I was fine with revealing those is because I also had those (and a bit more) spoiled before I began playing the game and I still enjoyed it heaps.

VTM: B is pretty niche...
The circle is complete.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: March 10, 2015, 05:44:34 am »

Not necessarily. I've considered playing it because I like RPGs, but that's it. I'm not huge on vampire based stuff. Might play it eventually, but not for a while yet.

Hopefully long after I've forgotten your spoilers :P :))

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: March 10, 2015, 05:47:04 am »

You will remember them when the time comes.
The circle is complete.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: March 10, 2015, 06:07:24 am »

Yeah, that's the Tremere.

The people who back stab you are: Blah Blah Blah

Eh, It's not so much the act of backstabbing that's the issue. More the missions being pretty much the same regardless of choice.

I'll use "Hordes of the Underdark" even though that does mix up the missions a bit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I know I can't expect multiple storylines that are completely different based on player choice in a video game, but it's still annoying when you try and play an evil character and end up achieving the same goals as a good one.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: March 10, 2015, 08:48:49 am »

They already had to release it unfinished for lack of time and money, I doubt they had time to add in an alternate main plot covering 3/4 of the game for when you side with the rebels, like you're wishing they had. Fortunately for everyone there were people willing to work on it in their free time for free to make it better for everyone, and I for one am grateful and happy that we have what we have. It's a good game, even if it doesn't have 3 different main plots.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: March 10, 2015, 09:28:41 am »

I'd spoiler it if they were super-secret-omgplottwists,
Spoiler: like the one in (click to show/hide)
, but I really don't consider the ones I posted for VTM: B to be major ones.
I don't know.  I'd say that the Asian Vampires (kuei-jin) one is big enough, since they're one of the major sides in the conflict by end-game that you can pick.  Heck, it's almost as big as the fact that...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: March 10, 2015, 02:21:50 pm »

Oooo, I've got a peeve. When an evil/different side in a game is the same missions as the main route just given by a different NPC.

"Your now working undercover for us bad guys. Go and work for those you were working for before because they don't suspect you. Report back after something major has happened and we'll backstab you into the main plot again".

Particularly "Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark",  "Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines (Tremere, Brujah), Dragon Age: Origins (Possessed child). Possibly a few others I can't remember.

A similar issue occurs in games like Dungeon Keeper where the difference between the good and evil sides comes almost entirely down to the cosmetic appearance of the units.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: March 10, 2015, 02:30:08 pm »

I also strongly dislike any game where the AI cheats, especially in strategy games
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: March 10, 2015, 04:06:37 pm »

I also strongly dislike any game where the AI cheats, especially in strategy games
Same here.  Especially bad when difficulty level includes both AI improvements and AI cheating.  Like in Civ.  I much prefer teh AI in later difficulty levels, since there is no fun fighting a fleet full of aircraft carriers, or facing a bunch of units that are completely indecisive in whether or not to attack mine.  But at the same time, I want to actually have a chance to do things like outpace my enemies in resources, which isn't possible when they get them out of thin air.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: March 10, 2015, 05:14:39 pm »

I also strongly dislike game developers that call stupid AI as a "feature". If you can't actually make a good AI, just say so. Don't try to invent excuses like "our game doesn't really need smart AI in order to be enjoyable". News flash: some people play strategies in order to have fun in "outplaying an equal opponent", not "steamrolling dumb AI into the ground" or "exploiting errors in AI design to beat the dumb AI with x10 everything".
._.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 324