Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 324

Author Topic: Gaming Pet Peeves  (Read 518033 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Pet Peeves
« Reply #1335 on: January 04, 2015, 06:31:19 am »

Fighting a nearly impossible boss... only for there to be an even harder boss immediately after.

I HATE it when games get me that way. I pull all my resources to beat a boss you are not usually meant to be able to win. It is clearly a bonus boss.

But OPPS! it turns out that bonus boss was hiding the even tougher bonus boss.

An example of this is in Soul Nomad where there is this boss that if you beat without a special power up, which requires you to use up certain resources, you immediately go to another even harder fight.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 04, 2015, 07:44:07 am »

Fighting a nearly impossible boss... only for there to be an even harder boss immediately after.

I HATE it when games get me that way. I pull all my resources to beat a boss you are not usually meant to be able to win. It is clearly a bonus boss.

An example of this is in Soul Nomad where there is this boss that if you beat without a special power up, which requires you to use up certain resources, you immediately go to another even harder fight.

Oh yes this. I save all my special one-off item for bosses, use them all, and then up screwed for the next boss. It wouldn't be so bad if I knew beforehand.

It just rubs salt into the wound when its the same boss, in some different form or something.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: January 04, 2015, 10:34:34 am »

Are those JRPGs? I always have tons of extra shit at the end of RPGs, personally.

Hell, in Witcher 2 I was on Swallow potions (and 2 other potions) for at least 50% of the game, but since you can make them yourself with herbs and stuff from monsters, I still had extra at the end.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 04, 2015, 10:37:06 am »

Freaking Mega-Elixirs.

Also, Witcher 2 doesn't count. You can make any consumable in that game by the truckload. >_>
I never used anything but Cat and bombs, to be honest... Oh, and Bear Traps were overpowered for certain fights.
Aside from that, QUENQUENQUENQUENQUENQUEN rollrollroll QUENQUENQUEN.
You should get the reference... Maybe. ;D
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: January 04, 2015, 10:42:48 am »

Do that while singing "U can't touch this".
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: January 04, 2015, 10:47:45 am »

PTW

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 04, 2015, 11:42:06 am »

Are those JRPGs? I always have tons of extra shit at the end of RPGs, personally.

Hell, in Witcher 2 I was on Swallow potions (and 2 other potions) for at least 50% of the game, but since you can make them yourself with herbs and stuff from monsters, I still had extra at the end.

When I did my endgame inventory-cleaning in the SNES Final Fantasy games I'd have disgusting amounts of money, so I'd buy four stacks of the most cost-effective potions and ethers available. I'd never have to visit the shop again, even if the game went on longer than I thought it would after that point.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: January 04, 2015, 12:37:01 pm »

I got to over hear a couple of workers in a stores video game department talk about this
One was talking about the game the other listening and commenting every so often.
It basically went like the majority of the game was pretty difficult then you get to the boss, the big bad guy that you've been looking for the whole game, he had his healing things stockpiled in his inventory and his best equipment ready for the fight. He spends at least 10 minutes if not half an hour fighting this boss. He's down to the skin of his teeth when he beats him, with no healing items left. And BAM an even more BA version of the boss appears and one shot kills him out of nowhere.

Seems like a game I wouldn't want to play
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 04, 2015, 12:40:09 pm »

Do that while singing "U can't touch this".

It's so hilarious imagining Geralt dancing and singing like that every time he uses Quen. XD
The biggest issue was that, while Quen was overpowered as hell, it was also 100% necessary on the harder difficulties. >_>
I mean, I've beaten the game on every difficulty (including Dark mode) bur easy, and there's no way in hell I could have done it without Quen. Even with good equipment and a high level, I got insta-killed by almost every monster. Unless I used Quen, in which case I took no damage. >_>

Also, FUCK the Letho fight.
For that matter...

---

Bosses with regenerating HP. GAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.
The circle is complete.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: January 04, 2015, 12:42:22 pm »

I've only played through on one path on Normal so far, and I only beat Letho the first time by throwing bombs in his face until he went down. (Although that's one of those ones where when you "win" the game tells you that you really lost, IIRC)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: January 04, 2015, 12:51:48 pm »

I've only played through on one path on Normal so far, and I only beat Letho the first time by throwing bombs in his face until he went down. (Although that's one of those ones where when you "win" the game tells you that you really lost, IIRC)

One thing I found sad was that Roche's path is soooooo boring compared to... The one you took. >_>
I mean, I actually like him but his path was so much less interesting 'cause it was all humies.

Yeah, beating Letho on dark mode is the most annoying boss fight I've ever had. Wanna know why? Guess who can also use Quen? XD
It took me like 10 tries and I couldn't figure out why it was so impossible, then I found out that the mod I was using to make the game harder accidentally gave Letho super HP regen that made him impossible to kill with the gear I had. Once I disabled that it was about 5 more tries until I managed it. >_>
CEO and Better Combat for EE with Darkness I believe.

(It kinda does, but unless I'm remembering wrong you get him down to about 20% health and then the fight goes to Letho managing to hit Geralt with a good Aard. In that case it didn't feel disingenuous because you could understand Letho managing to do that, and you didn't actually beat him, just got him down pretty low.)
The circle is complete.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 04, 2015, 07:52:18 pm »

Cod has all the best guns reserved for the highest levels making longer playing players extremely OP and harder for new players to level up.

'Best guns'?  There's a difference between guns in a class beyond a couple more bullets in a clip and it being burst, auto, or single-shot?  The latter being the only thing you really notice.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 04, 2015, 11:03:28 pm »

I dunno, the last one I played much, I only got to level 35 or 40 or something, and I thought the P90 was the best gun unless you had no lag, in which case one of the first rifles you had was semi-auto and did tremendous damage per bullet.

Most people just run around at top speed knifing everyone they meet anyways, so...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: January 04, 2015, 11:06:32 pm »

Ok here is another

The Period in MMOs where you aren't expected to have fun.

Ok I know most MMOs last so long because they basically force you to play until you are almost max level (or at least halfway) before the game is fun.

But I am so tired of trying out a MMO, beating the early content made to be fun and fast... Seeing the HUGE slowdown and then asking people "Hey, what level does the game get fun again?" then reassuring them that I am not bashing the game, then getting a response that I have to play 50 more hours until the game is fun again.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:08:54 pm by Neonivek »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: January 04, 2015, 11:07:38 pm »

That's only two days if you don't sleep! On mars!
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 324