Advanced search  

Poll

So, when will this start up again?

Abandon Ship - all hope is lost...
Our Necromagicks have failed us!
Next year...
Next quarter...
This quarter?!
Never - The GM is just playing with you!

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37

Author Topic: (ISG) You are a bound familiar  (Read 46900 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are a bound familiar
« Reply #480 on: June 29, 2013, 07:58:39 pm »

Being friendly with him might not, but revealing the sorceress enslaved one of the creatures his kind (and from what we've seen, him) religiously worship and lied to him about it might. Also, the sorceress knows that he might be a problem, and is looking out for us trying to communicate with him, so yeah.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 29, 2013, 09:24:41 pm »

Actually, the priority is to alert the cleric to our situation and have 'them' contact the beastman about it. Wizard will be expecting it from the beastman, but the cleric is probably on good terms with the beastman and seems to have ideological differences with the sorceress. It shouldn't be hard to convince the warpriest to talk to the beastman on the topic of dragons...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 29, 2013, 09:53:39 pm »

That's not a bad idea, but again, we should wait a while to do that. Let's learn more about them, their relations, and their strengths & weaknesses first. There's no longer any need for urgency, and we're a dragon, we have time to plot.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 29, 2013, 09:58:28 pm »

Not all as long as that. Many a dragon has begun to set a plot into motion, only to have the target of the plot drop dead from old age.
Chromatics have been known to alter the plan and aim it at one of the target's children. This tends not to work as well, especially when that one dies before the plan can be completed...then that one's child.....
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are a bound familiar - Now with 150% more dialouges
« Reply #484 on: June 29, 2013, 10:09:19 pm »

Yep, I certainly am enjoying this change of pace right now. While the introperspective way of writing normaly is my prefered - or maybe most practiced? - way of writing, this was certainly interesting to do. In case you wonder at Mr. Fox's reaction - the damsel got herself a 1 at the bluffcheck. Sadly for our dragon she turned that around on the second one - even with substantial suspicion malus.

I also adapted the names, but out of personal preference I changed Ian to Ien and took the "bad" ending from Zindal - he is about as un-arabic as you can get, coming from the far north and such.

When did "Get Help" become "Kill this sorceress" in the Oxford dictionary?

If memory serves, it should be around page 30.. right after she took us over. Just saying is all.  :P

Edit:
As a note, I cant read anything the dude says without selecting it.
While I don't have that problem, leaving it for some of you guys certainly won't do. I know how annoying such texts are. I'll see to it immediatly. That ought to do it.

This is about the worst that could have happened, no? But you don't only have the looks, magical power and – since recently – the money, no you've also got the brain.

"It seems that Abredas experiments have severely damaged him. I fear for the moment the only way for him to communicate is via the master-familiar resonance. For that purpose I already have established a small link with him. He really went wild out there, you know. When I got to him he had set fire to the fields.." Yes! You pulled that one through smoothly. Or so you think, at least.

"Hrm. Is that so?" There is a momentarily disgust on Zindal's face, but suddenly it turns into „That smile“. „That Smile“ needs explanation, for it is not any normal smile, it's his way of hiding that he is mad. Or rather, not really hiding. Which would not be bad in general... only that he only makes „That Smile“ when he is angry at someone he does not wish to be angry at. He comes closer to you.. and very visibly – and audibly – sniffs the air.

"Elaine!"
He looks expectantly at you, but his voice carries a soft growling with it.
"I dislike being lied to. And let me tell you, the fear that oozes from you reeks quite certainly like one."
Now he stares you down, but there is not much you can do.. Except, maybe trying for a small...
"Ela~ine...!" He is very positivly growling at you by now. Which makes you quite mad, actually. Which is good, you suppose.

"Alright, alright. He might only have been scared instead of running wild. Still, it does not change the fact that he did set the fields and the face of a guard on fire. Or maybe it was the demon? Who can tell!"

After staring at you for a while longer, he takes another whiff and seems satisfied.

"Don’t lie over such small stuff, girl." After pondering the matter – he always scratches and twirls his whiskers while doing so – his usual smile returns.
"But the part about the demon does make sense. Damn that Abredas, how far can one go with desecrating the honour of a dragon?"

Crisis averted – you really would let out a sigh of relief, but you hold that one back for now. It is just as well, because now Ien chimes in.
„Right'o, we really should not take that demon lightly. Those things are far too troublesome if you ask me - You don't have forgotten the reports that came in from the western parts, no? Actually, I think we should..“

"No hunting demons for now!"
"No hunting demons for now."

"We talked about this before. We actually talked about this plenty of times before. We wait till they call in the offense. With how things are currently going, they should do so somewhere in the next half to full year. Then we can safely partake in the assault. End of discussion."

"Oh come on. A year? Half a year? Do you have any idea how much more troublesome ..."

A~nd done. With the topic-change by your foremost troublemaker, the matter is at an end. You truly are glad to have Ien in your group – and for a change that is not caused by those dreamy emerald eyes of hi.. ahem. No, it seems you also need to change the topic. Half-dwarfs. Heh.

Anyways, your thoughts wander to what exactly you are planing to do with that whelp – besides may~be healing it...

"No. NO. NO!"

And here you had hopes for the furball catching on to the truth.
You would cry, if you could. Not that you ever really would, but your soul is doing a fine job of that by its own. And for that matter, you are quite sure that you are controlled by a demon right now. Surely not an extraplanar one, but a demon none the less. How very vexing, how very frustating.

You follow the rest of their conversation loosely, concentrating on calming yourself with violent daydreams involving the sorceress instead. You also try to influence the amulet somehow, but your measly reserves of mana, and overall condition do not seem to help the matter. If it is even possible at all.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:42:00 pm by escaped lurker »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are a bound familiar - Now with 150% more dialouges
« Reply #485 on: June 29, 2013, 10:13:42 pm »

When did "Get Help" become "Kill this sorceress" in the Oxford dictionary?

If memory serves, it should be around page 30.. right after she took us over. Just saying is all.  :P

Pay attention to the whole discussion--it started when someone complained that if we got rid of the sorceress (with the fighter's help), we would miss out on all the magical power we could learn from the discussion.

And, um...not sure what our goals are at the moment, and only a bit more sure about our options, so I'll hang back until the discussion's started.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 29, 2013, 10:24:01 pm »

As a note, I cant read anything the dude says without selecting it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #487 on: June 30, 2013, 12:16:05 am »

Heh, well, when/if Zindal finds out about this, we may not need to worry about how to kill the sorceress long.

Whelp: First priority is to rest. Second priority is to keep a look out for ways to alert the others to our enslavement. Third priority is to continue attempting to influence the amulet. Her handiwork likely doesn't hold a candle to the master's, so if we keep at it we may be able to pry the enchantment away like an over-due molt, (hehe, lizards molt, dragons are kinda like lizards, see how I figured that terminology in there?).

Witch: More exposition on what we were all doing, how we got here, the current situation and what we plan to do. Especially with the whelp. We should certainly get it healed- if we let the thing continue limping about, Zindal might work a kink into his tail.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 30, 2013, 12:20:02 am »

This went quite a different ways than i expected... oh well.
+1 to rest and influencing teh amulet
Rawr

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 30, 2013, 01:53:10 am »

Try to figure out why we didn't gain any mana from the conflict over arrival.

We should try to act with some haste, we don't know how stable her connection to us is nor if it can evolve in any way.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 30, 2013, 01:59:46 am »

We should try to act with some haste, we don't know how stable her connection to us is nor if it can evolve in any way.

Agreed.
Rawr

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 30, 2013, 09:46:57 am »

This went quite a different ways than i expected... oh well.
What a surprise.

Fair points.

Resting is a good first step.
Sig

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting retarded ideals since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 30, 2013, 11:47:04 am »

Quote from: RAM on Today at 01:53:10 am

Fair points.

Resting is a good first step.
I agree perfectly. we cannot possibly escape from our enslavement if we cannot recover our MP.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #493 on: June 30, 2013, 04:39:38 pm »

It might have gone to the amulet? Mister Lurker said something along the lines of 'our mp is shallow without the amulet' a couple of times. Maybe we have to top it off again?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 30, 2013, 06:20:58 pm »

I seem to recall something about sharing mana with the old wizard... We should have plenty of opportunity later to study the amulet, lets focus on studying the adventurers, looks for any common habits or such that would make them predictable.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37