Advanced search  

Poll

So, when will this start up again?

Abandon Ship - all hope is lost...
Our Necromagicks have failed us!
Next year...
Next quarter...
This quarter?!
Never - The GM is just playing with you!

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37

Author Topic: (ISG) You are a bound familiar  (Read 46908 times)

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are a bound familiar
« Reply #420 on: June 28, 2013, 01:39:56 pm »

Y U TRUST ANY MAGE EVER?

Because mages typically aren't morons, they can be trusted to behave based on enlightened self-interest, rather than whatever random bullsh -- Oh look, a butterfly!

We're nigh useless in the physical department, more so now that we're crippled.  Our intelligence, sapience, and magic are what make us more useful than our weight in alchemical reagents.  A mage will know this, and is unlikely to throw away such a rare treasure.  We can get our freedom to think and act independently back in time, but not if we've been killed by some idiot bumpkin who sees us as nothing more than a fire-breathing, troublemaking lizard whose corpse will fetch an unusually high price in the right market.

The mage is unlikely to destroy us because we're more valuable to her alive and fully functioning.  She'll loosen the shackles in time to get more value out of us.  She can protect us.  We clearly can't protect ourself.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 28, 2013, 01:43:51 pm »

Y U TRUST ANY MAGE EVER?

Because mages typically aren't morons, they can be trusted to behave based on enlightened self-interest, rather than whatever random bullsh -- Oh look, a butterfly!

We're nigh useless in the physical department, more so now that we're crippled.  Our intelligence, sapience, and magic are what make us more useful than our weight in alchemical reagents.  A mage will know this, and is unlikely to throw away such a rare treasure.  We can get our freedom to think and act independently back in time, but not if we've been killed by some idiot bumpkin who sees us as nothing more than a fire-breathing, troublemaking lizard whose corpse will fetch an unusually high price in the right market.

The mage is unlikely to destroy us because we're more valuable to her alive and fully functioning.  She'll loosen the shackles in time to get more value out of us.  She can protect us.  We clearly can't protect ourself.
*halfhearted grumble people who make sense :P *
See, this I could get behind. For now; I'm already drawing up plans on how to kill her.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 28, 2013, 02:34:55 pm »

I agree with this. Think of mages as deans of universities. Far far too much to loose.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 28, 2013, 03:01:22 pm »

Well, fuck.
I guess we need to find way to reverse that spell. To plan for the future, unless we manage it now, i am fairly certain we'll have the chance while she'll be sleeping.
Rawr

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 28, 2013, 03:32:21 pm »

Told you.

I mean, it was rather obvious, was it.
Well, we didn't have a lot of options. "Probable trap versus Certain, slow death" is kinda a Hobson's choice, except that the horse by the door could be rabid.

Do exactly as she says.  Only go to her quite quickly, and get as close to her throat with you teeth as you can.  And cast an illusion, making you appear as if you haven't moved yet.  After all, that wasn't against her command.
+1
Sadly, the bond appears to be one of: "You can't do anything unless I say it" rather than "You can do everything unless I say not to."

If the follower, walk in sight, then drop down and hold your breath. She'll get tired of ordering us to do every little thing.
Sounds like a plan if our plans this turn fail.

((We should've burned that town when we could.))
What would that have accomplished?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 28, 2013, 03:38:41 pm »

We'd have had a chance of grabbing the amulet before it was tampered with.

I was talking about long, long ago.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 28, 2013, 03:47:23 pm »

We'd have had a chance of grabbing the amulet before it was tampered with.

I was talking about long, long ago.
When?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #427 on: June 28, 2013, 04:14:06 pm »

Before the sorceress exhausted herself tampering with it.

So, I take it we're supposed to come up with our last free words? After that, our thoughts are kinda going to be bound with hers.
-1 to 'I killed my previous master, so you just wait!', that'll only be counter-productive. Instead of calling attention that we're a dangerous familiar, just swear a general oath of vengeance.

"Come high winds and fire's smoke,
ice fields or hammer stroke;
should I be free and you alive,
My vengeance you'll not survive."
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 28, 2013, 05:54:01 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:12:32 pm by Bronimin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 28, 2013, 05:54:33 pm »

This sounds cool! +1
Yeah...cool, ominous statement...+1
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 28, 2013, 05:58:18 pm »

This sounds cool! +1
Yes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 28, 2013, 06:18:13 pm »

This sounds cool! +1
Yes.
+1 quote pyramid time
Rawr

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 28, 2013, 06:26:27 pm »

This sounds cool! +1
Yes.
+1 quote pyramid time

Support.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 28, 2013, 06:29:51 pm »

-1 to giving up. it's a cool speech and all, but the sorceress wants us to wear the amulet. and she got control when we touched it therefore: remove all physical contact with the amulet.

afterwards attempt murder. we can't run from her after all
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 28, 2013, 06:32:40 pm »

How about this:

Stop touching the amulet. If this helps us, run/attack/whatever. If not, ominous speech.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37