Advanced search  

Poll

So, when will this start up again?

Abandon Ship - all hope is lost...
Our Necromagicks have failed us!
Next year...
Next quarter...
This quarter?!
Never - The GM is just playing with you!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37

Author Topic: (ISG) You are a bound familiar  (Read 47003 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are an unbound familiar
« Reply #270 on: June 22, 2013, 12:25:40 am »

Try to be tactful "We have other matters to attend to" sort of thing..
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 22, 2013, 05:23:57 am »

do not stay
Agreed. We've lived as well on our own as we could with this guy. Maybe we should prepare a lair near some brothel or something?
+1, restoring mana sounds good, also maybe find way to practice gliding anyways, even if we won't be able to reach full flight yet maybe we could at least improve it a bit.
Rawr

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 22, 2013, 10:18:55 am »

Well, not much of an update - might get another one later in the day, depending on what you suggest. ;3

Spoiler: Indezi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
You think about it for a moment, but then awnser with shaking your head. "I have matters to attend to." The man just shrugs his shoulders in response, and soon you are prowling through the alleys again. At such an early hour, nobody normal is about - but you did get some stares from the scoundrels that still lingered around.

Recharging some mana and sleep are one of the more important things to do right now, but you entertain the thought of practicing your gliding. You do find a climbable building with sufficient height, with an adjectant alley that seems rarely visited or cared for. After a few tries you get weary however, seeing as dawn is visibly approaching. Practicing at daytime will obviously be too risky, but in the later hours of the night it should be feasible.

Arriving in the cultural district without any problems, you hide under the slightly magical establishment again. Obviously you also check for food, and there are some delicous scraps left - more than enough to sate the appetite you have gained througout the night. There is also some buisness going on, as you can feel the gentle stirring surrounding you as you fall asleep.
+2 MP, Sustenance sustained

When you wake it is already close to midday, and you are good to go.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 22, 2013, 10:37:46 am »

I think we need to figure out a way of stealing thirty gold, stat.  I very much doubt we can fool the thief with illusory money this time, and he's unlikely to give up the amulet without proper payment in full (to say nothing of the fact that we patently can't steal it from him).
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 22, 2013, 12:17:26 pm »

I think we need to figure out a way of stealing thirty gold, stat.  I very much doubt we can fool the thief with illusory money this time, and he's unlikely to give up the amulet without proper payment in full (to say nothing of the fact that we patently can't steal it from him).
Hm...well, step 1 is to find someone with 30 gold; step 2 is to get it.
The question is, do we steal it, steal something else and sell it, or find a non-stealing way to be paid 30 gold?
Or, potentially, find a non-stealing way to earn something else to sell for 30 gold.

I suggest that we start by considering the value of various commodities and types of items (e.g, Is a golden wedding band more like 5 gold or 500 gold? Is this red spice 1 silver an ounce or a thousand gold an ounce?). As always, knowledge is power.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 22, 2013, 05:04:36 pm »

Hm...well, step 1 is to find someone with 30 gold; step 2 is to get it.
Let it be told that our initial theft of 40 silver was a natural 20, and he was from the middle-class - wich is quite a less broad strata in these times. Unless we start to shadow the right merchants and or aristocracy, we certainly won't find someone with over 60 times that amount.

I suggest that we start by considering the value of various commodities and types of items (e.g, Is a golden wedding band more like 5 gold or 500 gold? Is this red spice 1 silver an ounce or a thousand gold an ounce?). As always, knowledge is power.
As I told when we got our 40 pieces of silver, lodging in a good inn - with food - would cost about half a silver. If that does not seem to be enough implication on worth, so be it. In favor of realism, a system will be introduced. Cause "100 Silver Coins" will never be able to be worth as much as one coin of gold - unless gold is extremly rare - and by that I mean extremely rare in comparison to it's scarcity in reality. But in such a case it probably wouldn't be used as money at all.

Monetary System

Wallon - 30 Coins are one Silver
Heare  - 10 Coins are one Gold
Zuntne - Worth it's weight in Gold. Yeah, fancy that.

Examples
All-Inclusive in a Good Inn: 15 Wallon
Night in the Stables: 2 Wallon
Cultural Entertainment: Starting at 10 Wallon, Up to 2 Heare
A simple meal: 1-3 Wallon
Local spices: 2-5 Wallon per spoonfull
Foreign spices: 10 Wallon for basic ones, Up to 5 Heare for exotic ones
Wooden Ring: 7-20 Wallon
Metalic Ring: 2-4 Heare for the work, plus metal used
Set of Leather Armour: 1 Zuntne 5 Heare
Set of Plate Armour: 7 Zuntne
Set of Chainmail: At least 15 Zuntne
Set of Cloth: 4 Heare 15 Wallon
Basic Iron Sword: 8 Heare
Basic Steel Sword: 1 Zuntne 3 Heare
Basic Mana Potion: 2 Heare
Basic Health Potion: 1 Heare, 15 Wallon

Prices depend strongly on availability of materials and directives of local Guilds.

Hope that is clear-cut enough. Also, I obviously change those 40 Silvers into 4 Heare.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 22, 2013, 05:19:22 pm »

Ah.  In that case, prepare to cheat and murder him!

What shall we do in the meantime?  Distract the sorceress, perhaps?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 22, 2013, 06:58:30 pm »

Well the adventurers should have that sort of money. Or we could warn them about the imminent theft and try to gain some favour. Armour is worth a lot, weapons too, if we could scavenge a battle-field... If there are adventurers then maybe there are dungeon crawls, we might be able to find some gold in one if we can diplome the denizens... A gliding dragon should be pretty quiet, and even cat-sized should possess respectable momentum, we might be able to waylay the thief after they have gotten the item. An intelligent gliding cat is probably a decent thief, we could try stealing from houses in the richer districts... We could set a trap, murder some travelling merchants, and scavenge any possessions that survived the fire...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 22, 2013, 08:49:52 pm »

Hm.  We might not be able to risk stealing the necklace, but perhaps we could sneak into their loot-bags and take some of their hard-looted cash.  Let's rob the adventurers.  Start by sneaking into their accomodations at the inn and figure out where they put their disposable income.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 22, 2013, 09:46:07 pm »

As I told when we got our 40 pieces of silver, lodging in a good inn - with food - would cost about half a silver. If that does not seem to be enough implication on worth, so be it. In favor of realism, a system will be introduced. Cause "100 Silver Coins" will never be able to be worth as much as one coin of gold - unless gold is extremly rare - and by that I mean extremely rare in comparison to it's scarcity in reality. But in such a case it probably wouldn't be used as money at all.
I'd like to question the implication that the game world must have the same ratios of value as an arbitrary point in real-world history that we all know what it is. For instance, while various spices aren't worth a lot now, they were worth a lot in the Middle Ages, and would be worth more still if they were needed in certain magical rituals. And, of course, the particular details vary a lot from place to place.

Still.

Hm.  We might not be able to risk stealing the necklace, but perhaps we could sneak into their loot-bags and take some of their hard-looted cash.  Let's rob the adventurers.  Start by sneaking into their accomodations at the inn and figure out where they put their disposable income.
Let's not do this. Instead, let's try to find out where they're staying and case the joint.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 22, 2013, 10:03:06 pm »

Hm.  We might not be able to risk stealing the necklace, but perhaps we could sneak into their loot-bags and take some of their hard-looted cash.  Let's rob the adventurers. Start by sneaking into their accomodations at the inn and figure out where they put their disposable income.
Their "Inn" is the Keep of the local lord, undoubtly involved in the whole "Kill our master" thingy. If it were not for that, we certainly would already have tried something similiar. They do have all of our beloved gold-and-gem-bath afterall. Ooh, how we miss it. I forgot to include this, but at the moment we are substituting the whole matter by eyeing the silver before we sleep. Quite lacking, but soothing none the less.

Ah.  In that case, prepare to cheat and murder him!
Distract the sorceress, perhaps?
First point duly noted - the second one does sound strange thou. From what would we distract her? Because at the moment they have yet to find us.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 23, 2013, 12:29:30 am »

In the sense of getting her away from the amulet to allow for thievery.  But then, perhaps better to just stalk the location until the thieves come anyway so we can kill/rip them off.

Which, of course, brings us back to the whole 'fortified keep' thing, yeah.  Perhaps we should stalk the keep so we can see how the thieves manage it, then?

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 23, 2013, 10:07:04 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:13:16 pm by Bronimin »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 23, 2013, 11:53:16 am »

The dice had been quite nice to us until now - while it was a matter of time, it also was about time I guess.

Spoiler: Indezi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Because of the crippling debt that you just occured, all of your thoughts are directed at that problem. Betrayal, Theft, Murder - all of these seem like a good call right now. You also think about deception, but you got that part down fine already. You also briefly think about earning the money in a legal way, most probably selling your body. And by that you obviously only can mean parting with some of your scales or blood. No wonder you only think into that direction but for moments. As you would need to reveal yourself, it might just be for the better.

While sneaking towards the direction of keep and market, you are suddenly surprised by a team of guards. Knowing this area good enough by now, you wonder why they would even look into this alley.

You dart away, but they dont seem to want any of it. The clanging of their armour suggest that they will catch up in a few moments, and you have literally no way of hiding or slipping away until you reach the end of this stretch. It seems that you have to take some kind of action, other than running that is. You also doubt that it will be possible to weave an illusion before both of their eyes in time - and even then they just might notice, or run you over.

Current Stats
8/8 Health Points
11/15 Mana Points
10/11 Stamina
2/8 Encumbrance

Also, do remember that multiple channeling-spells at once recieve a malus. We obviously can try, but in that situation failure is a very likely option. Before questions arrive, they have yet to draw their swords - not like they would slice up every stray or whatnot that they come across.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 23, 2013, 11:56:46 am »

Can we channel a catch the thief thingy coming from the other direction? Or something like that.

Maybe play them of against each other.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37