Advanced search  

Poll

So, when will this start up again?

Abandon Ship - all hope is lost...
Our Necromagicks have failed us!
Next year...
Next quarter...
This quarter?!
Never - The GM is just playing with you!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37

Author Topic: (ISG) You are a bound familiar  (Read 47072 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are an unbound familiar
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2013, 10:30:04 pm »

If we could embellish a good enough sob story about how our master was unpleasant to us (binding us to an amulet, trying to sacrifice us in an elaborate ritual to kill them) and the heroes rescued us I don't think the disloyalty perception will be too much of an issue. Them killing us anyway due to being part demonic or for the exp and loot is a major risk though if these are kick-down-the-door types.
I think if we decide on meeting them this is the way to go
also the getting some scales plucked or blood taken is a small price to pay for protection fame free mana and the amulet
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2013, 10:59:21 pm »

How many scales/how much blood? Protection, check. Fame? As the adventurer's lapdog. Free mana? We already get that. The amulet? Nope.
We also lose our independence.

This assuming they're amenable.

I'd prefer to get more info on burning down the village, and then either that or hiring a thief to nab it for us.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2013, 11:02:34 pm »

But what if you add "locked in a cage" to the price? I certainly think that it is possible, and given that we are, presumably, the protagonist, it would seem probably, that a diplomatic approach with the adventurers would be viable, but it seems, at the least, out of character for us to want to associate with these ruffians...

P.S.
 dragons are worth more experience and loot than demons, dragons are worth the *most* experience and loot...

P.P.S.
 My vote is for following the amulet and gathering information on these adventurers.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 17, 2013, 11:13:00 pm »

-snip-
This I like.
Agreed.
It could backfire once they discover our True Nature, but it's a good plan for now. I'm reminded of a GURPS campaign in which the players were dragon riders. One of the players had a cat-sized (his words) dragon named Zippy (well, the PC's name for it was), who I gave the personality of a cat. The dragon avoided the PC, got him to accidentally cast a sleep spell on himself, poo'd in his boot, vanished until he showed up at the enemy castle, and basically defected for a steak.
Let's be kinda like Zippy.
And for when our identity as the mage's familiar is discovered, claim we're a dragon hatchling who he corrupted by magic and who just *sob* wants to find his parents...And if the whole party's so heartless as to still want to kill us, we cut our losses and run. But there's always one person who cares.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 17, 2013, 11:17:00 pm »

-snip-
This I like.
Agreed.
It could backfire once they discover our True Nature, but it's a good plan for now. I'm reminded of a GURPS campaign in which the players were dragon riders. One of the players had a cat-sized (his words) dragon named Zippy (well, the PC's name for it was), who I gave the personality of a cat. The dragon avoided the PC, got him to accidentally cast a sleep spell on himself, poo'd in his boot, vanished until he showed up at the enemy castle, and basically defected for a steak.
Let's be kinda like Zippy.
And for when our identity as the mage's familiar is discovered, claim we're a dragon hatchling who he corrupted by magic and who just *sob* wants to find his parents...And if the whole party's so heartless as to still want to kill us, we cut our losses and run. But there's always one person who cares.
I agree with this plus with the way things are looking the sorceress is likely to be the one who cares and so wont hurt us 
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 17, 2013, 11:18:27 pm »

I like how everyone seems to miss that the whole plan is contingent on finding that these guys are not, in fact, colossal dicks.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 17, 2013, 11:20:22 pm »

I like how everyone seems to miss that the whole plan is contingent on finding that these guys are not, in fact, colossal dicks.
If they're like book adventurers, there's always the heart.
If they're like RPG adventurers, there's always the roleplayer/female player's adventurer.
If they're like VRPG adventurers, it's good to find that out now.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 17, 2013, 11:29:40 pm »

Well, given our "master" left behind a message telling us to get revenge on someone-or-other the Just, and that most of the possible motives for his death we know of are: meddling with demons to make us, not donating to church and making jokes about priests and alterboys, and showing off his wealth, it's most likely that the party are either going to destroy us as a part-demonic abomination or harvest us for valuable dragon parts. Or possibly both. Either way, I'm not exactly enthusiastic about meeting them...
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 17, 2013, 11:31:30 pm »

Don't letthem know we're a demon, and/or give some version of the sob story I suggested.
Sig

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 17, 2013, 11:41:05 pm »

-1 to befriending them in any way. I'd still say we should work on upgrading the flight...
Rawr

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 17, 2013, 11:53:37 pm »

Don't letthem know we're a demon, and/or give some version of the sob story I suggested.
Everyone knows we're part demon, our master used to give lectures on it to everyone that would listen. Plus, the Sorceress has had our amulet for some time now, and I doubt she would have missed that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2013, 11:55:50 pm »

Does anyone know that we are it, though?

And if not, give them the sob story about being a dragon hatchling who had demonic magic added by the evil wizard man and such. Everyone loves kids and feels pity for the results of evil experiments that aren't trying to kill them.
Sig

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #192 on: June 18, 2013, 12:00:06 am »

Also -1 to befriending them and becoming a sidekick*. We are what we make of ourselves.
*and/or dead in horrible, horrible ways

If we aren't too concerned about our amulet getting destroyed, +1 to practicing gliding. Tacking on practicing our flame-breath and gathering intel. In addition to previous inquiries, we may want to check the outside of the fortress for weak points, (if others agree).

@gwg
How many dragon whelplings do you think are just running around in the vicinity of the tower that housed a(n) (in)famous magician with a pet dragon?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 18, 2013, 12:04:48 am »

@gwg
How many dragon whelplings do you think are just running around in the vicinity of the tower that housed a(n) (in)famous magician with a pet dragon?
We are the pet dragon. The story says such. Did you actually read what I suggested? To recap:
1. We admit to our origins.
2. We claim to have been a dragon hatchling who the mage did demonic experiments on.
3. We claim some sort of adorable motivation, maybe wanting to find our parents.
Sig

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 18, 2013, 12:10:47 am »

Does anyone know that we are it, though?
Yes. He showed us off. They had bets over how long it would be before we got him killed, even.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37