Advanced search  

Poll

So, when will this start up again?

Abandon Ship - all hope is lost...
Our Necromagicks have failed us!
Next year...
Next quarter...
This quarter?!
Never - The GM is just playing with you!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Author Topic: (ISG) You are a bound familiar  (Read 46995 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are an unbound familiar
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2013, 06:55:28 am »

yes, raising the alarm is a good way to trigger emotions.

It's also a good way to die.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2013, 07:01:42 am »

Can we tell what feeling we are feeding on?
Drippy mud disguise seems like a good way to cause some disgust to feed on.

I actually considered this at some point, but it seems too powerful for the moment - provided we survive long enough we ought to get it sooner or later. At the moment our demonic side is just not strong enough for such advanced stuff.

On that note, some skills may recieve an upgrade and new skills may unlock by themselves, mainly depending on our progress.

Right, if you want our welp to search for something specific, just say so. I'm sure there ought to be places in this city where the emotions run high. In one way or the other.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2013, 07:27:58 am »

Wait, eating the cat gave +20 Hunger? Would Satiation be a better gauge of what that number means?

Indeed.

Anyways...stick close to the woman, maybe try climbing up the wall under her window to get closer. If we eavesdrop on her by doing so, all the better.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2013, 08:30:01 am »

evesdrop on the woman, gaining mana from her emotion and gaining information about why she feels that way at the same time.

if it seems like she isn't going to provide exposition and the mana fountain dries up, then go back to roaming around looking for the adventuring party.
+1

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2013, 08:48:30 am »

I'm not saying we should get found out now, just that it's a potential way to get food later. Maybe in a small village, for instance.

Agreed on continued observation for now.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2013, 09:33:38 am »

Does she seem to be looking for something? A cat perhaps?

I am inclined to ask someone where the adventurers hang out...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2013, 12:22:08 pm »

We should find a brothel, assuming lust and shame are emotion enough for us to feed on.  Should still be generating mana for us when the rest of the city is asleep.  And if the adventurer party's warrior type is the stereotypical spent my reward on ale and whores type, he might turn up there and lead us back to the rest.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2013, 12:33:10 pm »

We should find a brothel, assuming lust and shame are emotion enough for us to feed on.  Should still be generating mana for us when the rest of the city is asleep.  And if the adventurer party's warrior type is the stereotypical spent my reward on ale and whores type, he might turn up there and lead us back to the rest.
Sounds like a plan.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2013, 02:08:48 pm »

On a more serious note - the feelings of dreamers are mostly limited
Actually in dreams feelings are much stronger than you think, believe it or not.  ::) Eh, either way, your game.
Anyways, +1 to eavesdropping for now.
Rawr

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2013, 03:35:57 pm »

Actually in dreams feelings are much stronger than you think, believe it or not.
Realism? In my fantasy setting? Joke aside, it would just make the ability unbalanced. Unless we gain the ability to influence dreams, I don't see them giving us mana.

Yeah, I'll change "Hunger" to "Sustenance" with this update, to prevent misunderstandings.

Spoiler: Indezi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)

Continuing to observe the woman, you slowly try to gain ground on her. Before coming very far, she lets out a small sob and runs into the opposing direction to where she stared. Humans sure are strange, and thats coming from a demonic-dragon-hybrid-familiar on the run.

You decide to continue your search for the heroes that liberated so much from Master, yourself included. Unsure where to start, you first comb the outskirts of the marketplace and soon are met with great succsess - it seems the Sorceress was realy sleeping in that tower, because now you can recognize her arcane energy. Sadly - or for the better - she only seems to fence the silverware, as you doubt she would sell anything magical at the smithys. You do make sure of that to the best of your abilities, but she causes quite the disturbance on the whole area.

With such great amounts of mana residing in her, it is quite easy to follow her, and soon enough she seems to have settled into the keep, off all possibilities in this city surely the worst. Currently there seems to be only one other mage on the premises, but his strength is exceptional - albeit still leages apart from the sorceress. Obviously you stay out of his presumed range of notice - wich is not too hard with what limited mana you sport at the moment.

Using this chance, you observe the keep with as much detail as your current position allows to. There is only one way into it - the guarded drawbridge that spans the moat. You correct your arcane mindmap, because whatever fluid is oozing in there is surely not something as wholesome as water. Not even under the threat of death are you willing to pass through that sludge, but seeing as the walls of the moat are well-maintained there also seems no use nor need for that. The Keep itself was built on elevated ground, with even the outermost walls overtowering anything in the vicinity by far. Looking into what little of the courtyard you can see, there are at least four men patroling the demises in teams of two. With the additional for guardsmen at the bridge, you are quite sure that this far above your abilities.

Deciding that instead of the middle of the day, the middle of the night might be more forthcoming to your plans, you begin to scout the imediate area - not wanting to leave the vicinity in fear of loosing the trail of the sorceress. Soon enough you stumble upon a bridge that spans the mainroad over one of the bigger ditches - with enough space for you to crawl under, but more than unsitable for a humanoid person. Having found yourself a safe hiding place, you think about revising your plans.

You loose 5 Sustenance

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2013, 03:40:13 pm »

We need two things:
1. Food
2. Mana, via Emotions (ideally caused by us)
What do we need for those? A cult. Well, we can get it lots of ways, but cults work well for both.

Short-term, though, let's see if we can't find a brothel to sleep near tonight (for the emotions, of course).
Sig

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2013, 05:58:16 pm »

On a more serious note - the feelings of dreamers are mostly limited
Actually in dreams feelings are much stronger than you think, believe it or not.  ::) Eh, either way, your game.
Anyways, +1 to eavesdropping for now.
I'll assume that conscious cognitive processes are somehow tied to magic. At least the kind of magic we are feeding upon.

+1 to brothel idea.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2013, 06:30:45 pm »

I support staking out the keep, and trying to ambush some food, and follow any bees that you notice...

But try to see what happens when someone enters the keep, does their wagon get searched, do folk come-and-go from the back of the keep, do they have regular shift-changes...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2013, 08:43:07 pm »

Inb4 Pimp Dragon, the most illusionist pimp in the world.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2013, 03:14:46 am »

I support staking out the keep, and trying to ambush some food, and follow any bees that you notice...

But try to see what happens when someone enters the keep, does their wagon get searched, do folk come-and-go from the back of the keep, do they have regular shift-changes...
+1

Also, if we have lots of time to spare:
Check out the 'Acolyte's tower': how tall is it? how strong are the mages within? If they're wimpy-ass acolytes, we might be able to make our way up there and glide in that way, even if we get caught by a lone student no one would believe them.
-edit
But that begs the question, how do we get back out? It'd certainly be easier at least; can just make a loud bang and dash through the front if we need to.

Also, we could hang out near the temple or barracks during the day as well. Bars/brothels/dancehalls are best in the evening, so more scouting/other activities till then.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37