Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Ghost Control Inc. - Isometric Ghost Hunting Sim, on Steam.  (Read 8480 times)

Benjamin_ASH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Control Inc. - Isometric Ghost Hunting Sim. Beta's out.
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2014, 05:33:55 am »

Hey folks, this is Benjamin from Application Systems. We are the publishers of Ghost Control Inc. We read your discussion and want to inform you about the news on Ghost Control Inc.  Version 1.0.7 brings a demo mode for all users and a manual. The demo can be downloaded here:
http://www.application-systems.co.uk/ghostcontrolinc/downloads.html

We'd like to hear your feedback.

Moreover we are in need of votes for our Greenlight campaign. So if you like our game please help us to get on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200811463
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:19:00 am by Benjamin_ASH »

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2014, 05:48:18 am »

Let's be sarcastic for a moment:
"I, as a user from *insert the name of the community here*, thank you for letting us know about the last update of *insert the name of the game here*."

:P
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2014, 06:23:05 am »

It's actually a game I'm interested in. Hopefully this bump will have people talk about the game again.

Benjamin_ASH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2014, 06:54:10 am »

"I, as a user from *insert the name of the community here*, thank you for letting us know about the last update of *insert the name of the game here*."

You're welcome :P I know that there are many posts like that, but as the discussion used to be very active as the Kickstarter campaign was still active, I wanted to share the launch of the demo with you guys :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:19:09 am by Benjamin_ASH »

Meta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2014, 08:08:19 am »

You're welcome :P I know that there are many posts like that, but as the discussion used be very active as the Kickstarter campaign was still active, I wanted to share the launch of the demo with you guys :)
Aha, thank you for answering! Now at least I should check the demo.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Benjamin_ASH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2014, 08:20:23 am »

Feel free to post any feedback - Ghost Control Inc. is still under improvement and we always discuss topics which were brought up by audience.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2014, 08:53:48 am »

Feel free to post any feedback - Ghost Control Inc. is still under improvement and we always discuss topics which were brought up by audience.
Quick feedback after an half-hour test:
-the characters should walk faster;
-managing the fuel of the car doesn't really add to the gameplay. You should at least place the fuel stations, and maybe the hospital, to a more central location in town (at least for the London map, I don't know about other cities);
-we need more data for when we try to "beam" a ghost, like the accuracy of the shot. See the Fallout or XCom games for what I mean;
-maybe an "auto-hide walls around the characters" system could be neat. Or maybe an "auto-hide walls around the cursor" thingy.

All in all, I liked the demo! Nice sprites and music. :)

Benjamin_ASH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2014, 10:08:39 am »

@Meta:

Thank's for your feedback! I will share your ideas with our designers. But let me tell you a few things about your remarks:

- managing fuel becomes more important as the car upgrades need more fuel. Plus: Later in the game you will be able to use collected ectoplasm to fuel your car ;-)
- More data: Interesting idea! We will look into that!
- Very interesting feature - we will discuss it as well.
- speed of hunters: hmm, we are quite happy about the speed, but maybe it would be possible to include a button in the options to change it.

Thank's!

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2014, 12:09:24 pm »

how many random in this game?

Benjamin_ASH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2014, 12:22:04 pm »

Maps are generated randommly based on algorithms. Boss battles are partly scripted.

Benjamin_ASH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2014, 05:33:55 pm »

Every kind of feedback is appreciated!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Control Inc. - Isometric Ghost Hunting Sim. Demo's out.
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2014, 02:15:09 am »

I can't say I like the map of London with the viewpoint it's got. You don't really know where your car can actually navigate in some areas since it's not top-down. It seems pretty interesting so far but I don't much want to play the game with a time limit tbh.

Benjamin_ASH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2014, 02:35:11 am »

You don't have a time limit in the game. After you finished the last boss (and you can take your time with that as well), you can choose to either stay in London or move to another city.

Benjamin_ASH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2014, 02:24:39 am »

Hi there, everyone who wants to get Ghost Control Inc. for a Mac, should snag it now. We lowered the price for the start in the Mac App Store! -50% but just for a short time:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/ghostcontrol-inc./id785392007?mt=12

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2014, 07:17:03 pm »

I was thinking about getting this, but the reviews are quite mixed. Any of you who've got the game - what do you think? Buy, avoid, or wait for a steam sale?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4