Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zooming on the z-axis [issue solved]  (Read 1882 times)

Stumpfpb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Zooming on the z-axis [issue solved]
« on: June 10, 2013, 09:33:20 am »

Hi, I am looking for help. I am a first time player, and I can't change zoom levels. Shift+> does not work, I am on a laptop with hungarian QWERTZ keyboard layout. I asked google first, then I searched these forums but I couldn't find the answer. I checked key binding options but I couldn't change z-axis zooming. Somebody please help me!

Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:37:06 am by Stumpfpb »

Flarp

• Bay Watcher
  • and tearing apart the self-esteem!
    • View Profile
Re: Zooming on the z-axis
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 10:13:22 am »

If you mean alternating which Z-level you are currently viewing (it's only possible to view one at a time, unless you use third-party visualizers), you can rebind the keys by going to ESC->Key Bindings and changing Move view/cursor up/down (z) to something accessible on your keyboard.

If you're just talking about general zooming (i.e., inflating or shrinking the characters on the screen) I believe you can do that with a mouse wheel.
He views any show of emotion as offensive, sees introspection as important, values self-control, and strongly believes that a peaceful and ordered society without dissent would be best. He believes that mastery of a skill is one of the highest pursuits, values nature, and finds romance distasteful. He holds well-laid plans and shrewd deceptions in the highest regard.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 10:14:48 am »

the mouse scroll wheel changes the zoom level. shift+> and shift+< change which level you are actually on. interface.txt in the data\init folder you can change the the hotkeys manually in there.

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 10:16:47 am »

By default, you can also use shift+5 to move up a z-level and ctrl+5 to move down a z-level.

Stumpfpb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 10:32:08 am »

Allright, issue solved, thank you all for your help!

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: Zooming on the z-axis [issue solved]
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 11:12:43 am »

Üdv a klubban.  8)