Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In the event somebody does not post. How much should the Gm sway the player characters actions?

No Retreat, No Surrender.
- 4 (80%)
Kill them all but live to tell the tale, preferably.
- 0 (0%)
I trust the GM to commit me to mission success, even at the cost of my own life.
- 0 (0%)
Fight on! defensively though!
- 0 (0%)
Emperor Preserve me! RUN AWAY I dont want to die!
- 1 (20%)
I dont care, all things are noble which move the story forward efficiently, so autobot me whenever convenient.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Warhammer 40K: Disposable Heroes [3of8 players]  (Read 2920 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Game
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 01:59:21 am »

WHAT?!?!? No Crossbows?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 02:08:30 am »

I'll sit this one out, I think.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 02:11:12 am »

im going to sleep now, more details later. but the 3 characters made so far are approved.

oh and no crossbows cause i am trying to keep it simple for testing. i have a space marine game that i would like to ensure it is balanced. and that i can format things and not confuse people

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 02:12:40 am »

Yay! I'm going to make explosives, FOR THE EMPRAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K: Disposable Heroes
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 10:47:02 pm »

Scene: near the stasis pod chamber
     under the pale glow of the overhead lights, 3 figures sprawl on the floor. Voices echo in their heads and their eyes adjust to the light. "Emperor be praised! They are alive! and with no hint of mutation" As their visions clear they find themselves laying in front of a row of stasis pods, with a fatso leering over them weilding a revolver. "Im not gonna release any more untill i know you arent mutates, or reprobate traitors tainted by the warp!" "who do you serve?"

The 3 can come to their feet, or at least look about. They have just been released from stasis pods, used for long voyages through the warp. They wear wet patient gowns. The room is dim and the floor is a thick grate, the walls are metallic bulkheads with visible pipes and conduits carrying a spaceships vitals. There is a husky guy with a revolver waiting for them to answer. He wears the blue jumpsuit of a spaceships crewman, with a head mounted flashlight shining brightly. Beyond him a security guard can be seen, but her attention is outward, through the plexiglass barriers that define this chamber "We dont have time for this, I think I hear something coming, come over here already" Her voice is scrambled by her visored helmet.

MISSION 0: FOR THE EMPEROR!
Objective: Gather your wits about you and declare your allegiance!
Secondary Objective: arm yourself there are enemies about!
Optional Objective: Find a sanitarium to release your pent up bowels! long term stasis is a bitch!

Terrain: There are Rows of stasis blue stasis tubes full of people, there is a elevator lift that goes up a level to a catwalk that contains more rows of stasis tubes. There is a sanitarium for bathroom uses. There is a rolling hand pushed trolley with 2 stasis tubes stacked onto it. There is a lobby of sorts, surrounded by plexiglass with manualy operated sliding double doors on 2 sides.

GM OOC: Prepare for war! Map incoming only once you look around!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K: Disposable Heroes [3of8 players]
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 10:50:12 pm »

Kyle shakes his head and eyes the revolver guy.
"The emperor, you twit!"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 11:01:19 pm »

"You there! HALT!" The security guard waves her laspistol out the chamber at unseen targets.

The fatman sighs in releif.
"Thank the emperor i was afraid i'd have to shoot you all. Go help the guard if you have any fighting spirit left in you. she has some spare weapons too."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:03:58 pm by Hastur »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 11:06:54 pm »

Kyle walks over to the guard.
"I was told to help. Now if you would be so kind as to tell me what weapon I get?"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 11:18:29 pm »

White hot lasers spew out of the guards laspistol at something around the corner... After a few seconds she turns to Kyle and hands herKyle another Laspistol from her hip. "go check out that guy I just shot, see if he is a mutant and see if that guy he was dragging is ok. Look for a Keycard, Our next stop is the Armoury, with the emperors blessing that is."

Kyle gains a laspistol with 24 shots remaining!

Peeking out of the Stasis chamber lobby, Kyle can see 2 motionless bodies lying in a heap just yards outside from the open door. Multiple bloodstreaks reveal the path it had been taking. Both of the bodies have unhealthy growths and each wear the loose baggy patient gowns. Judging by the surrounding it is clear kyle is in the medical bay.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:27:15 pm by Hastur »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 11:20:39 pm »

((Kyle's a man.))
Kyle approaches the two bodies carefully.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 11:26:33 pm »

Kyles carefull approach alerts him of incoming threats... it seems the noise has attracted unwanted attention from a wandering beast of some kind. Looking out  beyond the bio lab, and across the sickbeds with motionless victims and at the edge of his vision in this dim light... he hears crashing and upturned debris and furniture approaching. His nearest cover is the low wall outlining the pit that the bio lab lays in. A swooping deamon jumps from obstacles to wall to the very statue of the emperor, arms outstreched, and roars threteningly at Kyle and his comrades.

I should have started with a full deployment battle in hindsight... oh well thats why its a test. Post by post action wont always be convenient.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:28:53 pm by Hastur »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2013, 01:26:22 am »

Karues shake the sleep off. "I'm up."

He ask "Now where do I find some weapons?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2013, 01:35:10 am »

"Back to the front soldier! Dont let that furie reach us."

There is a laspistol available and a Demolition Maul available

The winged Furie leaps off the statue and glides over some of the sickbeds, then lands on one and crashes through several more as it charges straight towards the stasis storage room. Slobber comes off its fangs as it scrambles forward maniacally

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2013, 03:31:36 am »

take the laspistol and start blasting
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2013, 03:32:39 am »

"... Shut up."
Kyle then takes aim.
Pages: 1 [2] 3