Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 83

Author Topic: NSA Leaks - GHCQ in court for violation of human rights  (Read 103056 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: NSA Leaks - GHCQ in court for violation of human rights
« Reply #1110 on: January 29, 2014, 09:59:37 pm »

Not exactly NSA... but perhaps a good example of how this whole issue should not only be about the NSA.

FBI obtains a complete copy of a Tormail server.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 31, 2014, 03:05:43 am »

In somewhat related news: Snowden was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by some Norwegian... God dammit Norway you are amazing. I just want to affectionately nudge you with my forehead.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 31, 2014, 05:30:22 am »

Yes, let's judge states by one person in it!
._.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 31, 2014, 05:44:35 am »

??? There are many good things about Norway... It seems like a wonderful place. There are fish!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 31, 2014, 06:53:44 am »

??? There are many good things about Norway... It seems like a wonderful place. There are fish!
And they're working hard on changing that - do you know why Norway is not part of the EU?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 31, 2014, 06:59:00 am »

Because it is a monarchy and their fascist rulers don't want the country bound by foreign powers?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 31, 2014, 07:02:18 am »

Because it is a monarchy and their fascist rulers don't want the country bound by foreign powers?

had this been in my hands i would award you the bay12 award for spontaneous and unnecessary rudeness since i can't tell if you're being serious what with some republicans in the uk straight up claiming the queen's fascist like you just did with the norwegians

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 31, 2014, 07:04:16 am »

had this been in my hands i would award you the bay12 award for spontaneous and unnecessary rudeness since i can't tell if you're being serious what with some republicans in the uk straight up claiming the queen's fascist like you just did with the norwegians
Preeeeeeety sure he's joking, LS...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 31, 2014, 07:04:50 am »

Well I was joking but I'm sorry if I caused offense... I'm having a hard time figuring out if everybody here really dislikes or loves Norway right now.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 31, 2014, 07:13:19 am »

I like them, I'm considering learning the language, but their fishing policies are just so horribly dumb!
The Bay12 postcard club

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 31, 2014, 07:52:34 am »

Norway is awesome. The Nobel Peace Prize however has become so politically inflated that a nomination doesn't mean much anymore.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 31, 2014, 08:50:04 am »

Well I was joking but I'm sorry if I caused offense... I'm having a hard time figuring out if everybody here really dislikes or loves Norway right now.
They are pretty awesome, but far from perfect. They have some terrible fishery management policies (mind you, most of the fight over that is with the EU who want them to use the EU's terrible policies instead, rather than switch to something not terrible, at great expense to Norway and little benefit to the fish) and they have the same "being held captive and actively being corrupted by their recording industry" that most Western nations seem to be dealing with right now, and a pile of other issues...

But comparatively, the place seems like a dream.

Also, Helgoland, I thought Norway didn't WANT to be part of the EU?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 31, 2014, 01:24:52 pm »

They're too happy to see Sweden and Finland look like male genitals to want to ruin that.

Plus, the diplomats giggle too much when they see the Euro to even start negotiation.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 31, 2014, 01:41:46 pm »

They are pretty awesome, but far from perfect. They have some terrible fishery management policies (mind you, most of the fight over that is with the EU who want them to use the EU's terrible policies instead, rather than switch to something not terrible, at great expense to Norway and little benefit to the fish) and they have the same "being held captive and actively being corrupted by their recording industry" that most Western nations seem to be dealing with right now, and a pile of other issues...

But comparatively, the place seems like a dream.

Also, Helgoland, I thought Norway didn't WANT to be part of the EU?
Yeah, because of the EU fishery policies - which are starting to work, btw. Otherwise there's little reason for them not to join...
The Bay12 postcard club

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 31, 2014, 02:03:06 pm »

I've always just been in love with Norway. But it would be too cold for me to live there, and I don't think the cuisine is especially great since I don't like fish. The language would be very difficult to learn. I just like looking at the pictures I guess ... *sigh*
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 83